Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Punith KumarYour feedback matters!
LASIK stands for Laser In-situ Keratomileusis. This is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision. LASIK is suitable for patients who have shortsightedness, long sightedness or who suffer from astigmatism.
Here are the 5 benefits that a LASIK surgery offers:
1. Improved vision - A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
2. Quick results and recovery - This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
3. Long- lasting outcomes - A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.
4. No need of glasses - You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
5. Goodbye contact lenses - LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.
Hello sir, my eyesight is -6 .I am going to blind. Pls help me give me a suggestion. Which food can I take? And eyesight exercises are helpful to me? Pls rly me.
I use Computer more than 10 Hours for work one day in the morning eye got red and started itching (when I seen it was a white colored layer (small patch) bottom of the eye ball) then visited the hospital Dr. Told its an allergy due to dry eye. Then Prescribed the drop: OFlox D for 15 days (coarse starts with 4 times a day then reduced by a time every after 4 day interval then stopped after 16 days) continued Alercheck (at night) and talimus (in morning) more than one month. Later I visited another ophthalmologist He told its the lipid deposit on the cornea bottom of the eyeball and that need to be treated with Laser Treatment. Then Visited another ophthalmologist He Prescribed Lotepred LS (4 times a Day) and told its not good to scrap the lipid deposits its size is very small so it would reduce gradually and it would take time. Is there any treatment other than surgery (Cured with Medicine and drops? Please specify.
I want to remove my specs, as my eyesight is weak. So what can I do so that my vision will increase? Also tell me way to gain my weight I am very thin.
I hve a problem in my lft hnd. In hnd hve so much pain nd it can not pick any obejct r material nd send in my eyes always red.
I am an employee and work with system for almost 10 hrs a day. I got rid of using specs since years. I have sight of 3.55 for left and 4 for right eye and have ordered contact lens. Can I wear these lens for 24 hrs? Shopkeeper guy says yes as they are boschernom lens and can wear them everyday 24 hrs and work with system and its ok even if I sleep with them. Is it true? Will my eyes have any issues in future if I use these 24*7?
Sir ,my eyes is getting weak. I use spectacles since last 1 year ,how can I secure my eyes and how it come good again. Please reply.
My brother's eye checkup was done last month and the result showed -1.5 in both eyes. What to do and how severe the problem is. He can not see far objects clearly.
I am 28 Year old and I want in increase the height. My current Height is 5 feet 4 inches? My eye site is 2.5 plus size how can I Ged rid of this?
Sir I having short site I have also got advises from doctor. But I always refuses specs because when I use it always makes my to bulk and it become a abnormal shape thats why I refused it ,Is there will be a chance in decrease in my vision. It was actually occurred in my 16 Yr old in an accident how can overcome this problems sir.
My working wife complain of swollen and teary eyes as soon as she got exposed to some allergen, like while dealing with old clothes etc. She has rhinosinusitis and has complain of catching allergic reaction while going outside. please Advice how to deal with it?
I am 23 years old male. I often suffer from headaches. I checked my eyesight and got specs but headaches keep returning, my eyes also pains sometimes.
I'm 18 years old. Actually I have problem for my eye i.e my left eyelid (upper and lower) swollen. Firstly it's start pain after 2 to 3 days it's starts swelling and pus comes out. But this problem is occurred from 1 month ago, it occurs frequently 10 days gap. Is there any solution for treatment?
Sur I have vision -4 both eye. Is laser surgery will be correct for me? Can I get 100 percent benefit.
Do you spend long hours in front of the computer? If you do, you may be experiencing eye strain on a regular basis. Eye strain is a common problem and is characterised by fatigue, decreased productivity, red eyes and eye twitching. You can get rid of eye strain by making use of any one of these simple tips.
1. Ensure that your workplace has correct lighting
Often eye strain occurs as a result of improper lighting. This can be caused by exposure to bright sunlight coming in from the windows and doors or excessively dazzling indoor lights. You can avoid extra lights by keeping blinds or shades closed and by avoiding high-intensity bulbs or fluorescent lights. Alternatively, opting for incandescent or halogen lighting can be beneficial.
2. Minimise glare
You can install an anti-glare screen on the monitor of your computer to minimise glare. Keep the windows covered to reduce glare caused by outdoor sources.
3. Modify the display settings of your computer
You can modify the display settings of your computer in the following manner to reduce eye strain:
• Brightness-Set the brightness of the display to a level, which equals the brightness of your workplace.
• Text size and contrast-Modify the text size and contrast according to the comfort level of your eyes. For most people, black text colour on a white background ensures minimum eye strain and maximum convenience.
• Colour temperature- The spectrum of visible light, which a colour display usually emits is its colour temperature. Blue light is considered to cause more eye strain. So, you should decrease the colour temperature to minimize the amount of blue light emitted by your computer’s display.
4. Try some eye exercises
You can practise some easy eye exercises to prevent your eyes from getting tired. Try staring at a distant object for 10-15 seconds and then looking at any nearby object for another 10-15 seconds. Return your gaze to the first object. Repeat 10 times.
5. Opt for some computer eyewear while working
Try wearing a pair of computer glasses while working. They ensure that your eyes remain correctly focussed on the computer screen, while reducing strain to a minimum. Computer glasses also prove to be very effective in diminishing glare.
6. Take short breaks at regular intervals
Apply the 20-20 rule to your work regime. After each 20 minutes of work on the computer, give your eyes a 20 second break by looking away from the screen towards any object located 20 feet away from you.
7. Go for a comprehensive eye exam
Make sure that you go for a comprehensive eye exam every year to reduce vision problems caused by computers. This will also help in detecting the root cause behind your problem, so that you can effectively employ curative or preventive measures to control eye strain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.