Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.
My daughter Is 15 months old. Can I stop breastfeeding. Moreover, I have started developing nipple cracks since 1 week. I don't know the exact reason. Please suggest
My baby is to born on 10th of december, its our first baby, I am not getting if it will born earlier to date or after the date? What care should I take? Please suggest.
I do not have a enough breast milk to feed my baby so what can I do please plz please help me. How to produce my milk.
Hello. My baby's birth weight was 2.5 kgs. And now she is 10 months old and weighs 7.5 kgs only. Although she is very active but she is very weak. Kindly suggest what kind of food will help her in increasing weight.
My daughter 10 months old having temper tantrum since 2 months. Is it curable? Is it a sign of behavioral problem? What should I do?
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
My daughter is 7 years old. She often gets fever. It starts suddenly, and increases up to 103-104F. She is vaccinated properly .Now we are using homeopathic medicines. It gives better results to her when compared to allopathy. But we are unable to control the temperature. It gradually increases up to 103 F and reduces up to 100F at early morning and again raises upto 103 by evenings. This condition remains for at least 3 days .later the temperature goes down to below normal and she becomes very weak .We consulted many doctors. All blood test reports are normal. But there is no improvement . She is studying 2nd STD and she is very active and intelligent too. What do I do for her? How do I know the actual reason behind her health problem? Please suggest me. The reports are as follows. Complete blood picture (method: Capillary Photometric) Hb : 12.9 MCV : 77 MCHC : 35.7 ESR : 13 Remaining values are normal. Vit. B12 : 795 PG/ml UsCRP. : 6.9 mg/l Widal : negative QBC : negative Urine : 2-3 pus cells in HPF.
My daughter is one month old and having jaundice problem we have given her phototherapy treatment two times but now again her billi. Level increased upto 10 mg/l.what to do. She do not have any prblm only the skin is looking yellow. Her blood group is b and mine is o.
Hello doctor, my son is 10 years old and still suffering with bed wet problem every night. We tried basic home remedies and it did't work. Can you please help me to understand what could be the cause for it and suggest remedy to prevent it. Thanks.
My daughter when she was 2 months old she weighted 5.3kgs now she is 3 months old she weighs 5.9kgs but she should weigh6.2kgs. Since there is improper weight again my paediatrician suggested to give formula milk combined with breast milk. He also told that I can start ceralac rice and wheat from 4 month. Is this fine if so please provide a schedule for formula feed and ceralac please.
My daughter who is 2.5 years old put thread in her nose but no thread found by doctor in basic checkup what will we do?
Bottle Tooth Decay can happen if babies drink milk, formula, or juice out of bottles over long periods of time.
To avoid it:
Take the bottle away after your baby is done drinking.
Don't put your baby to bed with a bottle.
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.
Must show your ward to pediatric ophthalmologist before the age of 3 .