Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Puja Rathi
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Puja RathiYour feedback matters!
My wife is 26 years old and she is suffering from pcos problem. After trying allopathic and homeopathic medicine for one year we could not be able to get child. Now my wife's periods is normal and she stopped the medicine last five months. Please suggest me any treatment so that my wife get pregnant.
The thyroid gland within the body plays an important role in regulating your metabolism among many other functions. This is a butterfly-shaped gland located in your neck and plays an important role within your body. However, a common condition that may afflict it is hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid gland. It is even more of a problem if you are pregnant as it may affect your baby’s development in the womb. It has also been noticed that pregnancy in itself may cause hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism-
Pregnant women may also exhibit symptoms common to other patients who are suffering from hypothyroidism. These may include:
Fatigue along with lethargy.
Mild to significant weight gain.
Feeling cold with severe chills
The thyroid gland produces the T4 hormone responsible for regulating many mechanisms within the body such as metabolism. With hypothyroidism, the production of this hormone decreases or stops altogether. This is important as disruption in the production of the hormone may disrupt the normal development of your baby.
Effects of Hypothyroidism on your baby-
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy can affect your child’s developmental abilities. Many studies in this field have shown that such children tend to have learning difficulties and may even display lower IQ scores during tests. It was noticed that sometimes, hypothyroidism during pregnancy wasn’t diagnosed correctly as the pregnant mother did not show much apparent symptoms. This is also a major issue in the early diagnosis of the problem. Hence, it is absolutely imperative to test for thyroid problems early during pregnancy.
Prevention is the Best Cure-
It is thus very important that mothers be screened properly for thyroid issues even before they are pregnant and while they are pregnant. Some of the medically recommended steps that should be taken are –
Screening before pregnancy as this can help to devise a solution for this condition.
Women with goiter or enlarged thyroid should most certainly be screened.
Women with a family history of hypothyroidism should be screened.
Treatments for Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy-
The doctors may suggest thyroid hormone replacement therapy wherein artificial T4 hormone is introduced into the body. This helps to maintain a constant rate of the thyroid hormone within the body. This can be done even before pregnancy as the developing fetus is completely dependent on the mother for its thyroid hormone until at least 12 weeks when the baby’s body can start producing it on its own. Also, the levels of this hormone should be regularly checked within the body through the TSH or the thyroid stimulating hormone tests to ensure that the levels are at a safe minimum.
Hello I had my period last month on 14 Sep and after 20 days I saw spotting in in between we didn't do sex then after 2 days later again I saw like spotting even I checked pregnancy test it's negative what it is now I don't understand my period will come on 14 but why this type or blood I saw is there any complications.
Doctor jab m sex krti hu to mujhe condom pasand nhi h aur jiske sath me sex krti hu vo apna saara sperm mere ander daal deta h aur mujhe unwanted 72 bhi deta h khane k liye, ap kuch mujhe thik suggestions digiye jise mujhe prblm na ho aur mujhe time pr periods bhi nhi ho rhe h kabhi 1 ya 2 months m ho jate h kabhi nhi bhi hote h ap kuch esa bataeye jise m theak se sex kr pau aour mujhe koi problm bhi na ho aour mere periods time pr ho kya periods hone ki koi teblet bhi aati h kya mujhe pta h jiske sat m sex krti hu vo to hamesha mere ander hi apna sperm dalega pr ap kuch mujhe btao please saari baato ko jo m medical store se le aau ya ghr pr hi kr saku please help me.
Hello doctor! After 38 weeks of pregnancy, Does taking Maintane tablet will stop contraction leading to c section?
Not many people are aware of the term Hymenoplasty. For some people, an intact hymen has a great significance (often an indication of a female virginity). However, you don't always need an intercourse for the hymen sheath (a thin tissue membrane that surrounds the external opening of the vagina) to break. Activities such as horse riding, gymnastics, swimming, to name a few, can play a pivotal role bringing about the rupture of the hymen.
For long, people believed that a hymen, once ruptured, can never be restored. With the advancement of technology, this fact is slowly getting transformed into a myth. With Hymenoplasty (also called as a Hymen reconstruction surgery) one can achieve the impossible i.e reconstruction of a ruptured hymen surgically. Hymenoplasty also comes as a blessing for women born without a hymen. In this case, a Hymenoplasty aids in creating a new hymen, making life a lot easier for the concerned person.
Procedure involved in a Hymenoplasty
- Before opting for a Hymenoplasty, one should have a proper understanding of the surgical procedure, including the pros and the cons. Thus, a consultation with the surgeon (should be experienced with impressive credentials and success rate) is of prime importance.
- Once you are fully prepared (physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially), the surgeon will fix a date for the surgery.
- Hymenoplasty is a hassle-free procedure that involves the following steps.
- Before the surgery, a local anesthesia is given to the patient to make the procedure less painful.
- The ruptured edges of the hymen tissues are then carefully sutured together. The suturing of the hymen is done in such a way that the vaginal opening is not fully covered or concealed.
- In some cases, a new hymen may also be constructed using the flap of skin present in the vaginal lining.
- The entire procedure of Hymenoplasty seldom takes more than two hours. The patient, however, needs to be thoroughly observed and monitored for the next two-three hours (for signs of any complications or extreme side effects and discomfort).
- The complete healing and recovery may take between six-eight weeks.
- In most of the cases, the patient is discharged on the same day.
The risks associated with Hymenoplasty
There is seldom any extreme complications or risks associated with Hymenoplasty. However, mild pain, swelling, tightening of the vaginal wall, and bleeding are some of the side-effects that may persist for a few days following the surgery.
Precautions one must take
The following precautionary measures can work wonders, ensuring a better recovery sans any complications.
- Physical activities such as strenuous exercise, swimming, aerobics should be avoided for at least a few weeks or as recommended by the doctor.
- Do not indulge in sex immediately after Hymenoplasty. In most cases, doctors advise four weeks break from sexual intercourse following the hymen restoration surgery.
- Going for Epsom salt baths (sitting on it) at least twice or thrice a week can work wonders, speeding up the healing process.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!