Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyanka Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka GuptaYour feedback matters!
For getting pregnant can we do intercourse daily in her fertile days ? What is meaning of alternate days?
Holi is one of the most enjoyable festivals in India. It is one that everyone looks forward to and is usually known as the festival of colours because we use colours and coloured water to douse our friends and family in a great display of pomp and show. Also, we tend to get doused and remain that way for many hours, mostly in the sun. As such, Holi can also take a toll on our skin by causing discolouration, rashes and insensitivity. So what should one do in order to avoid coming down with bad skin the day after Holi? Here are our secrets, which will leave you with shining skin even after you have had a great time at the festivities!
- Hydration: It is very important to keep yourself well hydrated before you plunge into the festivities. Remember to drink lots of water and ensure that you have a bottle in hand so that you can easily fill up on fluids even as you enjoy yourself with all the sun rays and the colours. This will ensure that your skin does not become too dry.
- Full sleeve clothing: Another good idea to keep your skin protected is to wear full-sleeved clothing so that you do not tan indiscriminately and you do not end up with too much discolouration and rashes on your skin. Wear light fabrics that will dry fast so that the water does not get absorbed by the clothing and into your skin. This will keep your skin relatively dry, even if you enjoy yourself for hours at an end. Avoid synthetics clothes and denim as they would stick to your skin.
- Organic colours: With the whole world going the organic way, why should our Indian festivals remain behind? So, you can now opt for organic colours that have been produced in a safe way with safe ingredients. These natural pigments will ensure that you do not have to scrub and endure rashes and irritation after the festival. It is a good idea to opt for such colours, which can be washed off easily and are bereft of synthetic materials that can harm the skin in the long run. This can also help in avoiding problems like eczema and other skin conditions.
- Oil your hair: India is a land of rich cosmetic tradition. No matter which direction you look in, you will always find that you have a weapon of choice in terms of oils and other ingredients that are absolutely great for keeping your skin and hair in good shape. So our advice is to oil your hair well, preferably with coconut oil, olive oil, or vitamin E oil, so that the colours and the water does not get absorbed onto your scalp. This will also help in keeping your hair moisturised as the colours can make the strands very dry. Always oil the whole body before playing holi.
- Lips: Apply plenty of lip balm before joining the play of colours.
- Nails: Apply a thick coat of dark nail paint before Holi.
It is important that you must apply oil behind your ears, between your finger tips and even near your fingernails. It is ideal that you don't wax or thread or do any facial treatment, at least, three-four days ahead of Holi. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am newly married and I want to sex with my wife without condom and I also not want her pregnant up to 3 to 4 years how its possible .Give me any better solution
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination.
She had intercourse with his partner. But in between that she started bleeding like her periods. But next day bleeding stopped. What was that actually. She was not sure.
I have had pain my lower abdomen all day. Travelling towards my back. When I press on my lower abdomen in the pelvic area, it gets worse. Feels like pressure on my bladder or uterus. Don't have a uterus as I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago. So know that it is not menstrual pain. Feels like I need to pass a stool. What to do?
My gf is not having her periods from last 2 months. But we tried to have sex just 7 days before from today. I didn't penetrate in her vagina but I ejaculated on her skin and wiped out immediately. Is there any chance of pregnancy? please help me.
Hi am 32 days pregnant I want to terminate my doc suggest me to take sugest 200 for mor and nit for 5 days. Does the tablet cause miscarriage? Does the tablet was right?
I am male 29 years old, married two and half years before and trying to conceive from last 8 months. Found I have low sperm count issue of 14 million per ml (Motility is 60% and progressive is 39%) hence need your advice and treatment. Later found few tiny calcifications in both the testes and Bilateral minimal hydrocele through USG Scrotum Scan and found Fatty liver from Abdomen scan. Current medications: Taking Ashwagandha capsule, Naikaruna Capsule for the sperm count issue. Tribuline Capsule for Calcification. Please suggest are these medicines enough to increase sperm count and solve the calcification issue. Is calcification in testes causing the issue for low sperm count?
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it. A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar heath issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I want to test my fertility. What are the test required and how much they cost. Which kind of laboratory I've to go. Please suggest me.
My friend and her boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 24th and 25th day of her cycle, where usual cycle are in a range of 25-29. She hasn't got her periods till date and also afraid that is there any chance of being pregnant.
I am 14 weeks pregnant, and recently got insect sting (indian yellow jackect wasp), can this effect my baby? i am really worried.
I had given birth to baby before 5 nd a half month n till nw my periods hs nt been started and after delivery also it was jst for 28 days. Is this normal?
During the first three months of your pregnancy, you need to take immense care of yourself; especially if this is your first pregnancy. There are a few mandatory guidelines which need to be followed while you are in your first trimester. These guidelines are explained in detail below:
- Make sure you are really pregnant: When you are first diagnosed with pregnancy, it is always recommended that you double check the fact. This is because there are increasing cases of false pregnancies, especially when Home Urine Pregnancy Kits are used which are bought from medical stores. Thus, when you do find out that you are pregnant, it is best to visit a clinic or Gynecologist and recheck it once for mental satisfaction and complete confirmation. For a proper Urine Pregnancy test, early morning first sample of urine is utilised.
- Make sure you have a health insurance: If you have never worried about health insurance, then this is the time that you think about it seriously. Pregnancy vitamins, medications, procedures, vaccinations, and the delivery itself usher in a lot of financial burden. Thus, it is best to get your medical insurance at hand. The benefits of this can be availed whenever you need it and it can save you from drilling a hole in your pocket. Health Insurance for Pregnancy is NOT offered by all companies, so find the ones which offer you this facility and if needed change your insurance provider. For those who are employed, and are having Group insurance, usually the insurance benefits are offered by the companies, so they are covered. But one must need to confirm it from your insurance agents/company.
- Take your vitamins regularly: During your pregnancy period, your body goes through a lot of hormonal and physical changes. Hence, certain mild vitamin tablets, health supplements and the like are prescribed to be taken regularly. Some vitamins like Folic acid are required for the baby’s development and in some women who don’t take folic acid tablets a higher incidence of neurologic defects are noted. So to avoid any untoward fetal developmental effects taking Folic acid is the least one can do. Don’t take any “Over the Counter “ vitamins from a medical store or those marketed by MLM groups under various false promises. Your gynaecologist will prescribe the right and adequate ones. Seeing a Gynaecologist and having the pregnancy process under supervision is the easiest way to better outcome. Taking excess vitamins is in no way beneficial so avoid “self-medication”.
- Quit smoking and drinking: Smoking and drinking affect the health of the fetus adversely. Thus, mothers-to-be are advised to give up smoking and drinking at least till their pregnancy period is over. The toxic fumes of the smoke affect the growth of the growing foetus, and also causes problems with the development of placenta which provides nourishment to the baby. Drinks too hinder the development of the child. Thus, these two must be primarily avoided till the foetus develops and the baby is delivered. If a mother-to-be indulges in these habits during the pregnancy, then the child might have development complications and the pregnancy would turn into a complicated one.
Hence, these are some of the major know how’s of taking care during the first trimester of your pregnancy. This is a period which needs to be enjoyed to the core as you are going to step into a new role, that of a mother. But, you also need to be cautious of your health and even the slightest uneasiness must be reported immediately, lest it develops into something complicated in the future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.