Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PriyakYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 26 years old female and missed my periods. Now it is 14th week nd my pregnancy test and ultrasound is negative. But I can feel some variation in my abdomen. What should I do? I'm very stressed.
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful journeys in a woman’s life. However, one must remember that there are several dos and don’ts linked to it. You can’t lead an undisciplined life and expect a healthy outcome. Your pregnancy has to be systematically dealt with. You have to give up on a lot of habits that could pose a risk to the health of your growing foetus. Here are some tips to have a healthy pregnancy:
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, it’s time to quit smoking. You must remember that babies born to mothers who smoke have a higher chance of being born as stillborn or prematurely. Babies have also been found to have low birth weight. This is really bad. Your baby will have to fight a lot to survive. You might be asked to undergo an emergency and untimely delivery. On the other hands, if you quit smoking, you will have lesser or no complications at all. Your foetus will be healthy and grow into a lovely and healthy infant.
- Eat well, eat right, and eat on time: Your diet plays an essential role in your entire pregnancy. You must include all essential nutrients in your diet. Don’t skip your meals and try to have a balanced diet. Avoid spicy and oily food as you experience indigestion issues due to pregnancy hormones. You will need to take some 300 calories extra per day for your foetus. Add vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Take multivitamins: Pregnancy leads to a deficiency of nutrients in your body. You must take a lot of multi vitamins to avoid the deficiency. Ideally, one must start taking the additional vitamin supplements before the pregnancy starts. Thereafter, she must continue with the recommended doses. For example, Omega 3 reduces the chances of giving birth to premature babies.
- Take sufficient rest: You must take rest in adequate amounts and take up moderate exercises in a day for not more than 30 minutes.
- Don’t be exposed to toxics: You should try and minimise the chances of getting exposed to toxic substances.
- Destress yourself: Try and destress yourself by listening to good music, reading a book or taking a careful massage. But you must avoid moving outdoors.
- Drink water: You must drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated all the time. Your fluid balance must be maintained throughout the pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I'm 31 years woman i'm suffering from vaginal itching since one year after period time pls solve my problem.
Hello dr, I am 41 trying to conceive since 4 yrs. My egg reserve is low. Have 7 freeze eggs which will be transfered next month. If that does not click I hv decided to go for donor eggs. Will my child resemble me if I go for egg donation?
Mene 20 sep ko sex kiya tha, or mera mc taim 10 oct tha, Lekin muze Abhi tak mc nahi aaya hai. To me kya karu plj kuch upay bataye.
Contrary to popular belief, porn does affect your relationship in a negative way. Initially it might look and feel harmless to watch porn and engage in sex with your partner but it proves to be catastrophic in the long term.
Watching porn generally ends in masturbation and orgasms which lead to pleasure. This continuous pleasure habit may lead to chemical changes in the brain which may lead to certain problems such as porn addiction, unrealistic images, wrecked libido etc.
Watching too much porn can cause the quality of your relationship diminish to a great extent. It may cause a person to have a wrapped up idea of what beauty is. It makes a person crave for extreme sexual acts which might not go well with his/her partner. Sex may become more of an act than being a spiritual love between spouses.
What more; watching too much porn can even lead to erectile dysfunction!
I am 23 getting pregnant this is my 9 month continued. How I know that pain for delivery? every time I feel pain on my stomach.
I am a 39 yr. Old female. Ever since my first delivery in 2002, I have constant headaches, the frequency and intensity of which has increased over the years. Now, it is a fully developed and diagnosed migraine. Earlier, I could get relieved from the pain after taking one pain-killer. Now, during an attack I have to take pain killers every 4-6 hrs for at least 3-4 times to get relief from the pain. Pl. Advise.
I'm a 23 female that had sterilization surgery yesterday but my surgeon didn't follow through with the plans we had in mind so the surgeon told me that he was going to just make a quick incision on my bellybutton and was going to use co2 no other scars involved so I ask for local anesthesia and the surgeon and anesthesiologist agree on local anesthesia and sedation however in the day of the surgery the nurse layer me down in high lithomy position with my legs open as wide as they can be and I asked the nurse and she said it better for surgery so when the anesthesiologist can he didn't use local nor sedation I saw he was putting a mask and I was moving and the anesthesiologist asked the nurse to hold me down and He intubalated me and I was unconscious when I woke up in the night not only did I have a big scar on my bellybutton that the surgeon had to stitch it up instead of using the glue I had three more scars on my bikini line one in left, center and right and feel really uncomfortable because I have stitches on my vaginal on the inside and the gland of the vaginal is stitched up and to top it of my belly is swollen and I have bruises and my throat hurts from the intubalation and my thighs from the position of the surgery.
When it comes to the health benefits of pumpkin seeds, they are many in number. Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, magnesium and vitamins like K and E. Many people are not aware of that and they throw away the seeds after they prepare a pumpkin dish. Pumpkin seeds are very beneficial for those who are suffering from long-term diseases like Arthritis, heart diseases and cancer.
We can consume pumpkin seeds in a lot of ways like chewing the seeds or crushing the seeds.
* Stress Relief: The anti-stress neurochemical in the pumpkin seeds helps relieve anxiety and other related conditions.
* Osteoporosis: Pumpkin seeds are very beneficial for women who are suffering from osteoporosis as it contains a good amount of zinc which helps to boost the immune system and fights osteoporosis.
* Prevents Cancer: One of the most deadliest and common diseases which is spreading is cancer. The best health benefit of pumpkin seeds is that it helps to prevent any type of cancer.
* Diabetes: Pumpkin seeds are rich in acids, which helps the diabetic patients to regulate the insulin and also protects the diabetic patient from kidney problems.
* Kidneys: Those who are suffering from kidney stones should consume pumpkin seeds on a regular basis or at least once in a week. These seeds will dissolve the stones naturally.
* Relieve the Pain: The Anti-inflammatory properties of pumpkin seeds help to reduce pain and inflammation.
* Super-Food: Pumpkin seeds can be termed as a Superfood, because it boosts our energy levels.
* Heart-healthy: Those who are suffering from heart problems should make it a habit to consume pumpkin seeds which help to get rid of coronary artery and cardiovascular disease.
I am 25 years old. I have one month pregnancy and I need to abort it by home remedies. please help. I can't go to any doctor.
My son is passing urine since yesterday 04 pm very often, please Let me know what may be the problem ?
I guess I'm having urinary hesitancy. Today was the third time in this week that I have had difficulty in starting urination and maintaining the flow stream though I had the strong pressure to pee.(I masturbate once a day and don't have any medical issues as such) Am I really having urinary hesitancy. Please prescribe some home remedies.
Main aur meri gf na 24 May ko unprotected sex kiya us ka baad ipill bhi consume ki aur phir uska baad daag bhi laga. Phir humna 20 june ko phir sa sex kiya par medicine nahi liye 4july ko aisa laga raha hai ki date aaya rahi par proper nahi ab btao any chance to getting pregnant pls suggest something pls help.
I am 23. Got my 1st period wen I was 14. It was quite irregular. Since last 6-7 months my periods become very very regular all by itself. But again since 2-3 months I was having scanty periods. And this month I dint get my periods. I am not sexually active. I know I may need to get sm detailed tests done and I ll visit a gynecologist in person but I just wanted to know is there something to be worried about this?
I was diagnosed with pregnancy 2 months ago but yesterday while urinating I seen some blood. So as per gynecologist prescribed me injection As system 25 for 5 days with complete bed rest. Now after taking this injection nothing found during urination But doctor also advised for ultrasound test to know the exact position. So kindly advise if there is any adverse effect cause with regard to pregnancy & what need to be followed thereafter to avoid such situations.
I am 34 weeks pregnant women. Want to know abt delivery status. Through Sonography report. Kindly pl help.
Pre-eclampsia may affect some women during the second half of their pregnancies or after they deliver the baby. Ladies suffering from pre-eclampsia show symptoms like hypertension, problems in retaining fluids (oedema) and large amount of protein in their urine (proteinuria). If it is not treated in time, it can cause a lot of complexities during the pregnancy and even after the delivery. Pre-eclampsia increases the risk of harmful effects for both the mother and the baby. The real reason for pre-eclampsia is still unknown, but it is believed that it is thought to occur when there is an issue with the placenta (the organ that connections the child's blood supply to the mother's). Pre-eclampsia in pregnant women often goes undiagnosed.
Women may present with headache, visual disturbance, pain in upper tummy, nausea, vomiting and rapidly progressive oedema. Complications of placental insufficiency can lead to IUGR(Intrauterine growth restriction), placental abruption and in severe cases, if left untreated, intrauterine death. It may affect women`s kidney, liver, cardiovascular, brain and blood clotting systems in severe cases.
Complications: As pre-eclampsia develops further, it can create complications in retaining liquid (oedema). Oedema is responsible for causing sudden swelling of the feet, lower legs, face and hands during pregnancy. It occurs in the lower parts of the body, for example, the feet and lower legs and increases gradually during the day. In case the swelling is sudden, and affects the face and hands, it could be a result of pre-eclampsia.
Risks: There are a few factors that could increase your risk of falling prey to pre-eclampsia. This might require immediate treatment. These are:
- If it is your first pregnancy, pre-eclampsia will probably happen during your first than the ones that will happen later.
- It has been 10 years since you were last pregnant.
- You have a family history of the condition. For instance, your mom or sisters have had pre-eclampsia.
- You had pre-eclampsia in a past pregnancy. There is an around 20% chance that you will experience the condition again in later pregnancies.
- You are in your teens or are more than 40 years of age.
- You have a current medicinal issue like diabetes, kidney problems, headaches or hypertension.
- You were obese towards the beginning of your pregnancy (your body mass index was 30 or more).
- You are expecting multiple babies like twins or triplets (this spots more strain on the placenta).
The main indication of pre-eclampsia in the unborn baby is slow and stunted growth. This is brought about by poor blood supply through the placenta to the child. The developing child gets less oxygen and less supplements than it is supposed to. This can affect the growth and development of the child. This is called 'intra-uterine growth restriction, or 'intra-uterine growth impediment'.
Treatment: Bringing down the blood pressure and dealing with the symptoms in a proper manner can help in managing pre-eclampsia. Delivering the baby is the best way to treat pre-eclampsia. If it is confirmed that you do have pre-eclampsia, you'll be asked to stay in the hospital until your baby is delivered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.