Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am having thyroid and I was asked by the doctor to take thyronorm 50 mg. On the 3 rd day of starting the medicines I noticed that. Every morning I wake up n spit. I see blood in it. Is that because of the medicines?
This question for my sister she is 25 year old, she had thyroid problem. how to cure it? Please help.
Take 1 teaspoon of Fengrueek Seed Powder ( Methi Dana Powder) with water daily will control diabetes and its complications.
My wife recently detected thyroid problems. She is about 32 years of AGe and having two children of 4 years and 1 and 1/2 years. Her T3 is 107 ng/dl. T4 is 4.2ug/dl. And TSH is 77.47. What should be the advice?
My wife is 74 and initially had blood sugar level at 210 and with taking of galvus tablets it had come down to 144. Yet she was advised to continue the tabs. Perhaps as a result she had lost 7 kgs. With latest blood test showing 80 at fasting and 88 after breakfast, the diabetalogist prescribed amaryl 1 mg to replace galvus. On the 3rd day, after lunch she sweated, had a chest pain and so I thought of rushing to hospital. Luckily for us a neighbor with only +2 education saw the results and administered a half spoon sugar below tongue. Alas she came to normal in 10 mnts. When told over phone as to what his prescription did to my wife and how having had sugar restored her to normalcy, he asked us to stop amaryl tabs and after another blood test in 8 days to meet him. The other tabs. To be continued are gemcal, evion400, omez, celin, calcirol (1 sachet a month) and new one to be taken medo cat. How are we to taclkle now low sugar problem.
I'm an diabetic patient and married now a days English medicine are not working good it will not reducing my sugar levels I feel tired and not fit sex life not good. When I sugar increase my penis head got very itchy please help me.
My husband 15 days ago we found that he is having hypo-thyroid but before 6 months found that he is having high blood pressure. But he always suffers from acidity problem whether there acidity is the cause for BP and thyroid problem. Specify what treatment should be taken and which doctor to refer ?
I am 41 years old and having diabetes since past 10 years. I have severe pain on the left hip some times. I do regular exercise and jogging in morning and evening. I am taking glycomat 3/850. What should be my diet.
In my report from laboratory as comment written this is Diagnostic Value of Diabetes Mellitus : - Fasting Blood Sugar - More than or equal to 126 Mg/dl on at least two occasions Postprandial or random blood sugar - more than or equal to 200 mg/dl.
My age is 32 yrs. After getting my blood test done I got to know my fasting sugar is 98.81 and pp is 117.69 is a symptom of having diabiates my sgpt is also little bit high its 72.52 do I need to take any medicines?
I think I've developed high blood sugar level in my body. I feel drowsy and low on energy many a times. What are the other symptoms? N how can one reduce it to a minimal extent without resorting to medicines?
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?