Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya KumarYour feedback matters!
Breathe in and breathe out, is an involuntary continuous action through which the human body receives the oxygen it requires for proper functiong. Without oxygen, our entire circulatory system would collapse. However, with the amount of pollutants present in the air today, the air we breathe is not as pure as it should be. Instead of breathing in oxygen, we’re breathing in harmful gases like carbon monoxide and sulphur dioxide along with particulate matter. Prolonged exposure to pollutants like this can seriously endanger our health and well-being. Air pollution spreads easily and the only way to protect oneself from it is by creating a barrier that filters the air we breathe in.
And, for this reason it is advisable that one should wear a respirator or mask. When wearing a mask or respirator the most important part is to ensure that it seals your nose and mouth effectively. Otherwise, pollutants can enter through the gaps and contaminate the filtered air. But how should one decide, which type of mask is suitable for them and for that we need to understand what all masks are available.
Respiratory masks can be grouped into three categories:
- Simple flat masks as worn by doctors while operating
- Highly beneficial where there is heavy particulate matter density in the air as they are effectve at filtering out particulate matter
- Does not offer protection against harmful chemicals
- It is a good idea to wear these masks while travelling through dusty zones or when caught in a storm
- Offer protection only for a limited time
- Cannot bot be reused
- Cost around few hundred rupees
- Respirators have similar structure as that of surgical masks
- They fit the face better that surgical mask
- Have filters installed and protection against particulate matter and against certain gases and chemicals
- For better protection, they should be washed regularly against harmful fumes and particulate matter encountered
- Should be used while travelling through heavy traffic zones and while working in construction zones
- Ideal way to to protect yourself
- Cost around few hundred to thousand rupees, based on thier quality and brand
- Gas masks are often worn in chemical laboratories
- Special replaceable filters offer full protection against, both particulate matter and harmful chemicals
- Basic mask costs around 1000 rupees and higher based on quality and brand
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
What are the symptoms of STD not HIV Should these STD shows a symptoms and goes back normal for a long period of time without symptoms.
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods:
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However, it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, birth control patches, emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine devices or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also, it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non-surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubes.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Before a person makes the decision to go for facelift surgery, there are some facts about the same which he or she must know. To start with, a facelift is not just one standard thing. There are generally two kinds - surgical and non-surgical.
Non-surgical facelifts make use of things such as botox injections, fillers and the like to reduce wrinkles by making the face look fuller. Meanwhile, facelift surgery tightens the skin around the neck. While non-surgical facelifts look to fill out the excess skin that is present, surgical facelifts look to reduce the excess skin in the first place.
It is true that facelift surgery is a commonly known term. However, what is ironic is the fact that not many people know exactly what this surgery consists of. The surgery more often than not manages to make people look more than a decade younger by not only tightening the skin (as was the case of facelift surgery some years ago), but also lifting the jawline of the person as well as removing excess skin (on the face and on the neck).
Having said this, wrinkles are mainly due to skin-oriented issues, so other treatments would be more effective, especially if they were done in addition to surgical facelifts. Procedures which would work wonders with surgical facelifts include a correction to the eye brows.
One of the things which is not very well known about surgical facelifts is the fact that they can be done at the same time as other procedures as well. So a person who wishes to have improvements done need not go through the entire surgical multiple times. Such a benefit of two procedures without having to go through two different periods of recovery would appeal to a lot of people.
Taking into account the fact that there so just many benefits to going for a surgical facelift, it is almost a no brainer, as it does have proven potential to lift not only a person’s self-confidence, but also his or her life as a result of it!
I got intimate with my partner and took unwanted-72 pill after 11 hrs nd 20 minutes. Are there still any chances of me getting pregnant? What measures can I take to prevent any risk of getting pregnant.
I am 5'5 weeks pregnant but in ultrasound no fetus found and pulse. Uterus enlarged and gastestinal sac found.
I m 31 year old my semen examination report shows semen quantity 69 millions/Mil and 69% normal with 30% I & II grade mobility is it I need more medication and how many days gap required between two intercourse. I am trying for conceive the child.
I am Dr Jyotsna Patel, Practising Gynaecology and obstetrics in Andheri East at Umang Maternity and surgical home. Today I am going to talk about the common problem that is white discharge which we encounter in women as far as the gynaecologist concern.
There are a lot of myths about white discharge. People say that it gives weakness, it makes you fat, it will make you thin, it will give you back ache. But all this is a wrong information. Like we have saliva in our mouth, in the similar way we have white discharge from the vagina which is physiological which is the mouth of the womb which is called cervix produces some discharge which is mucoid discharge. This is a normal white discharge, it is sticky, it is not foul smelling, and at some phases of the month, it can be little excessive. So it should not be considered abnormal.
What we call abnormal white discharge is when the white discharge is associated with itching, giving you lot of irritation down or a lot of redness down. That can be called as a vaginal infection. This could be a fungal infection and mixed infection for which you need to consult a gynaecologist.
Treatment- This white discharge is to be treated with anti-fungal infections and we have other antibiotics that we give to treat the vaginal infection.
Any other issues you have, you can contact me through Lybarte.com.