Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya K SYour feedback matters!
My skin is oily and my face color is brown. And I want to be fair and handsome. Can you suggest me some soap&cream. Thankyou.
Hi. I am 27 years of age. Having a problem of black upper lips. They look black even after doing threading. What should be done?
I am 25 years old, and my complexion is somewhat dark and my engagement if after 1 month. I think make up will not suit on me it will make me darker. What should I do. Should I need any pre facial or somewhat else. Or how much time I should take facial before engagement. My skin is mix type some dry and somewhere oily.
I am facing serious issue of dandruff and hair loss. I lost more than 30% of my hair. I have consulted doctors and used medicines but they did not prevent my problem. Is there any way to regrow my hair without surgery. Please help me.
Diwali is a great time for family reunion. Festivities, fun and frolic rule the atmosphere. Amidst all kinds of pujas and other rituals, bursting crackers happens to be an integral part of it. This not only pollutes the atmosphere, but also affects the health of the people. Bursting crackers leads to the release of heavy metals like potassium chlorate, arsenic sulphite, sulphur, aluminium and copper into the air. This results in the deposition of high levels of residual particulate matter or RPM and suspended particulate matter or SPM. These things emanating from the crackers are responsible for allergies. Many problems in the skin may start occurring and may even result in medical hazards.
In order to take care of your skin and avoid any kind of serious allergy or skin problem, follow these steps:
- Crackers and fireworks should always be handled with care. They have many chemical components like charcoal, sulphur and potassium nitrate present in them. Also, they have substances which emits bright and colorful light. Those who are vulnerable to allergies such as running nose, skin rashes and itching should not be exposed too much to the crackers as they contain substances which are harsh to the skin. The best way to stay safe is to avoid contact.
- One should always wear loose and baggy clothes. In case of skin allergy due to crackers, the situation may worsen if tight clothes are worn. They can further aggravate the rashes. A cool compress or a shower is the best way to get relief from a rash, which is itching or burning like fire. Then it has to be patted dry and moisturized.
- Colloidal oatmeal or oatmeal powder, when mixed with water can bring great relief for inflammation. But lukewarm water should be used for better results. Anti-itch cream like hydrocortisone or calamine lotion should always be kept handy.
- In case the symptoms are too severe, and a doctor is not available immediately damp dressing is the best solution. A soft cotton piece of cloth should be soaked in water. It should be then wrung out and used to cover the affected area or the whole body.
All the above-mentioned methods are good ways to take care of skin allergies during Diwali. However, there might be some skin problems which do not go on their own. In those cases, the help of a doctor is the ultimate solution. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have pimples and I want to try for laser treatment. How much would it cost and which type of laser treatment should I get. I am having continues pimples .i used to get bigger pimples after piercing them I have also left some scars and a tuff not beneath my face I want to soften it down. What will be the best.
Hi, I’m a 26 years old woman, married for the last three months. I have had a love marriage and my husband and I love each other immensely. (Though just immediately post marriage we have had some adjustment issues and I had suffered an emotional turmoil, which is now almost gone). Nevertheless, what I wanted to share is that right from the time of my wedding till today I’m mostly averse to physical intimacy. I have just pretended to be aroused and enjoying (in most of the cases) during our physical interactions and we have not have penetration or intercourse, as yet. (We have tried to but as I had experienced excruciating pain, we have not been successful, as yet. To add here, I have never had intercourse, ever in my life). To add on, most of the time I feel lethargic and sleepy and at the same time I’m also having mood swings. I get angry and irritated at the drop of a hat, Additionally, I’m also experiencing hair fall at an alarming rate, and if this continues I will soon become bald. I used to have lustrous, thick mane previously. This is also to inform you that before marriage I was never averse to physical closeness, and this been a recent development. Please help!
I have sunburns on my two hands. How can I remove it? I also use sunscreen on my two hands anf face when I will go to market under sunshine. Help me.
I am losing my hairs quickly even though I am continuously using the shampoo and many more products but my hairfall can not stop I am completely disappointed for this problem so what can I do for this to stop hair falling.
If sunburn is taking the mickey out of your fun time in the sun or your summer vacation, then you may want to read this article or pin it up where you can see it every day. Sunburn is something that does not show up immediately. It can happen when you have been in the sun for too long a time, and without the protection of proper clothing, hats, glares and sunscreen lotions.
So what can you do when you feel that first sting of sunburn? Here's our list!
- Swift Action: You will need to act fast towards cooling down the onset of a sunburn. Taking a quick dip in a pool or a lake if you are near one can help in soothing the area so that the sunburn is not too bad. Also, you can then cover yourself up and step indoors immediately, where you will be properly shaded from the sun. You can continue with the cool treatment by using a cold or ice compress to press around the area that is burning or has been most affected. Remember to stay away from the exact spot as it may lead to inflammation.
- Avoid Drying: Do not let the area become too dry. Take frequent showers but stay away from harsh soaps as they may make the area dry which leads to chapping and pain.
- Breathe: Allow the skin to breathe. Do not obstruct the area with too many items of clothing and wear cotton fabric or other light weight clothing that will protect the area and let the skin breathe. Stay away from tight clothes as this may lead to chafing of the skin and the sunburns.
- Moisturise: One good way of getting rid of sunburns quickly is to moisturise as soon as you have had a bath or a shower. This will help in locking in moisture which is not really possible when you moisturise the surface later. Use a gentle lotion or cream based moisturiser and stay away from products that contain petroleum gel as this may irritate the skin further and clog the area instead of getting absorbed into the skin.
- Inflammation: Tackle inflammation by taking corticosteroids or other anti inflammatory drugs. These should be prescribed by a doctor. Aloe Vera can also be used to soothe the inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids for fast regeneration of the skin cells and so that the burns do not draw the fluid from the surface if the skin.
Take all the necessary precautions before you step out for some fun in the sun with proper sunscreen and protective clothing as well!