Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Two months ago I visited a call girl in a massage parlour. Though I had a protected sex, being idiotic, I gave her oral. From that very night I had been feeling cough. Then I got sore throats. It's been two months but not cured yet in spite of having paracetamol and antibiotics purchased from local pharmacy. I checked that I have got white spots in my swollen throat. Have I got gonorrhoea? Is it curable? Please help.
1. Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
2. Frequent health care visits
3. Fear of physical activity damaging your body
4. Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
1. Genetic and biological factors
These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
2. Environment you grew up in
Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
3. Problems processing emotions
When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.
Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well.
I got married before 3 years. We take a chance to get a pregnant but not success. Please give me the advice.
Hi im 22 year old girl. I hav severe pain inside my vagina. Yesterday I had sex with my boyfriend and after that I have severe pain inside my vagina. And blood coming out of my vagina. Still I have pain inside vagina.
Is girl sperm ejaculation is necessary for pregnancy my friend's husband has low testosterone but this doc says he don't satisfy his wife so his wife is not becoming pregnant is it true ?
Causes of metabolic bone diseases
1. Imbalance in the level of calcium: too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
2. Deficiency of phosphorus: low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
3. Deficiency of vitamin d: vitamin d is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin d in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin d can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
4. Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: the parathyroid hormone (pth) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin d into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of metabolic bone diseases
The symptoms of most of the metabolic bone diseases are similar, such as
1. A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
2. Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
3. Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
4. Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
5. A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
6. Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
Sir, My girlfriend's MC is last month 13 aug-17 Aug. Then after how many days after we can sex safely and no concept occur and no tension for pregnancy. Please tell after what date we can have sex safely without condom and no tension about pregnancy is issue. Please descriptions me briefly.
My wife frequently asks me to lick or kiss her feet. I also enjoy to do so. Why she asks to do these things? Please any lady doctor help me to know the reason. And are women likes to get there feet licked by guys?
Hi, we had unprotected sex! On 21st may! But he didn't Cum inside me! And my period usually comes on 4 t h to 6 th of every month! But yesterday I had pain in pelvic region and even had pain in the chest! And today morning I had blood stains in the pant! I am totally worried! Am I pregnant? I don't want to get pregnant! How may I save from getting pregnant? Any solution to it!
I m 30 years old. Dr. mere 3 bety hain with mejor Opp. Jiske baad se mujhe bht zyada hi kamar ghutne aur poori body me bht jyada ain rahta h, Dr. mujhe bht zyada weekness thakan aur haffan mahsoos hoti h, Dr. mere hath aur pair bht hi jaldi soon ho jate hain jaise sooiyan chubh rahin hain, Dr. mera pet bhi nikalta ja raha jo kisi bhi tateeke se kamnhi hota, iske rahte mujhe uthte baithte bht kahli rahti h. Dr. please tell me somthing effective. Please
I had sex with my fiance and it has been 10 days and she has missed her date is there any medicine like I pill that can stop the pregnancy as we missed the 72 hour window? Please help.
Hi doc, these days I have been hearing a lot about intimate washes for cleaning woman's private area. And also the vaginal tightening creams. Are these both safe to use? Will it affect my reproductive health?
My wife is pregnant of 6 months (first pregnancy). Few months back she had pinworm infection, so her gynecologist give Albendazole tablet to treat infection twice a month. From last 3 months she had taken 2 doses in a month. But now I see on internet that Albendazole must not be taken during pregnancy. Sir / Madam please suggest me, how will this tablet effect the baby and have any solution for this happening?
I am 20 years old. I have menstrual problem since 3 years. I have consulted 2 gynaecologists. But medical help was partially effective. Now I am facing a new problem. When I have sex the other day my period starts. I had periods twice in a month. What I do?
Hi, I am 33 year male, My stool has turned very thin from last couple of months and appetite is also decreased. Also the stomach upset frequency is increased. Please advise. Can STD cause such reaction ?
I am 44 years old female. My complete/full hysterectomy abdominal surgery was done as on 15 June 2015. My doctor advised me to take Tablet Cal-360 in the evening hours and Capsule Osta-eve in the evening hours each day as on 07/07/2015, since then I am taking these medicines. Now I. E. Today when I take bath/press my nipple. Something just like milk comes from my breasts. Is this normal after complete hysterectomy I. E. Removal of both ovaries with uterus. Or what I should do now?. My son is eighteen year old. Please advise me soon. Thanks a lot and good evening.
According to physiologists, human bodies are of three types: endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph. Endomorphs are round and fat; they find it difficult to lose weight. Mesomorphs are neither too fat nor too thin; they can lose the weight they gain very easily. Ectomorphs are usually thin and tall; they can eat whatever they want without gaining much weight.
If you are an ectomorph and you wish to gain weight, the bad news is that it will be difficult for you. Your metabolic rate is too high and your muscle growth is comparatively lower. If you want to gain muscles, you need a comprehensive workout routine and the right diet. Along with the right training, you need to remember to eat from the three major food groups: carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
I. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrate is the main energy source for your body and you need 50-60 per cent of it in your daily intake. The foods you can include in your diet are as follows:
- Whole grain cereal
II. Proteins: Protein is the most important macronutrient (food you need in huge amounts in your diet). Protein plays an important part in repairing your body and building muscles. You need 1.5 grams of protein intake as per your bodyweight. Proteins you can eat include:
- Lean meat (Such as turkey or chicken)
- Fish (Such as halibut, tilapia, cod, etc.)
- Seafood (Such as crabs, prawns or lobsters)
- Skim milk
- Whey protein
- Cottage cheese
III. Fats: The correct fat intake will raise your testosterone levels (this hormone is responsible for muscle growth), protect the joints in your body, provide extra energy and improve your mood. You can add fat to your diet by consuming the following foods:
- Organic nut butter (Such as peanut butter or almond butter)
- Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel and herring
- Healthy oils (Such as olive oil, fish oil or flaxseed oil)