Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya DarshiniYour feedback matters!
I was expecting my period on 22 may. I observed brownish discharge on 26th may. At 28th I observed red discharge. It was very less like normal white discharge. Now it's 9 June n still I can observe little red or brown mix in my normal white discharge why is it so?
Pregnancy termination is good for health or further conceiving in future or not. M 10 days pregnant but we are not ready for dis. Bcoz recently we got married. Just 2 months everybody said. It's your ist baby so don't do .I really don't knw wt should I do. Should I continue or should I terminate. My age is 27 n hubby age is 28 my last period was 19 April.
Hi. I got married this February and because of so much happening my periods got delayed after first month of my marriage and than I had regular periods but I didn't had any period this month I did pregnancy test it's negative. I am eating all types of food to generate heat in my body and doing workout also. I had my thyroid level 4.4 last month. What can I do? Do my thyroid level plays a role for menstrual cycle? Does not having any physical relation makes a difference to menstrual cycle? Please help.
I have pcos I got stretch marks on breast in my skin colour only. Will this stretch marks gets increased. What I have to do. In this month I found very less spotting in my period. I used myonext now my course is completed but still im facing irregular periods, spotting.
My wife is pregnant 32 weeks. FBS - 97 mg/dl, PPBS after 2hrs 75 gm glucose loading - 186 mg/dl, PPBS after 2hrs - 165 mg/dl, HbA1c - 5.9%. Kindly tell me is gestational diabetes or normal for pregnancy period. If it is gestational diabetes please advise me which treatment shall be done.
We had unprotected sex on the last day of my periods and its been a month I still dint get my periods. I took this I pill within 48 hrs. Am I pregnant.
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.
My wife is pregnant 3 month 10 days approx or less if we don't want child can we option. Is it any ayurvedic or any method for not wanting a child.
My friend age is 40 years, his weight is 78 kg, height 5'10 and he have no kids. He got married about 8 years ago. His semen test is 30 percent active motile, 20 percent sluggish and 50 percent dead. He smoke 2 or 3 cigarette only in a day. Each and every time jab mera friend apni wife ke sath intercourse krta hain or foreplay karta hain to sath mein smoking karta hain or you can say that he foreplay with smoking. He smoke just before intercourse. He is addictive with this habit. He said that if they do not smoke with foreplay he do not excite or erect fully. Is this the reason they do not conceive? Kya just intercourse karne se pehle agar smoking ki jaye to kya isse conceive karne mein problem ho sakti hain or its just a myth?
Does contraceptive pills help in regulation of periods? If yes then How does it help? Is it right to take pills even when no sex z performed?
A day's diet plan should provide at least 25g to 40 g of fibre women need, slightly less fibre than men. For fibre to work well it needs water, so drink enough water. Fibre acts as a sponge and absorbs water and swells up in the gut and help to move food waste for elimination. Some types of fibre help maintain the good bacteria in the gut.
Mujhe fibroids hai kya main kbhi concive nai kar paungi. Mujhe periods time se nai aate kabhi. please suggest.
Its my periods time and am suffering from weired burning sensation in urinary path I am going continuously washroom and after every pee there is irritation. I feel unable to apply any remedy during this period. Guide me how can I get rid of this.
Whether a women is pregnant, she has a periods or not? If yes, after how many time she dosent have a periods?
I had a sex with my wife on her 5 day of her dates I had used condam is there any chance of pregnancy ?
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time for prayer and reflection
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2012.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day —- and while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do; keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously; no one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right things.
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Forgiveness heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, don’t take it for granted – embrace life.
39. Your inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not least:
40. Enjoy LIFE!
Men diagnosed with the fertility related issues or infertility are more susceptible to type 2 diabetes according to recently published study.
The study recommends routine visits of such patients for check-up. The rates of infertility among men are rising due to changing lifestyle, dietary habits, stress and other physiological factors.
The scientists have been studying the associated factors for infertility. Now for the first time scientists have studied the effects of infertility on general ailments.
The scientists from stanford university, school of medicine conducted the study which showed that patients diagnosed with infertility have a greater risk of developing other conditions such as ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes compared to fertile men.
The scientists conducted retrospective study in which they assessed the medical records of over 1, 15, 000 men filed between 2001 and 2009.
The scientists scrutinized the men's medical visits before and after fertility testing to determine what health complications they developed in the years after fertility evaluations. They compared general health conditions of men with infertility diagnoses to men without the diagnoses and to men who underwent vasectomy.
The results of the study showed that the infertile men had higher rates of most diseases the researchers had shortlisted.
The scientists found that the infertile men had higher rates of diabetes even when the results were adjusted for the obesity. They found similar results for ischemic heart diseases.
The scientists have wished to expand their research to check physiological relationships between these conditions. Meanwhile, scientists have recommended that infertile men should regularly undergo health check-ups in order to prevent of onset of these conditions.
Hi sir, Can you please mention the exact week for intercourse to get pregnant. Becoz some gyn advised me for 12 th to 18th day of period. But some homeo advised me from 5th day to 14 the day of my period.
Your Egg Reserve
Ovarian Reserve Testing – AMH
Females are born with approximately 1 million eggs and this number declines with age through natural attrition and ovulation but , the rate at which a woman can ‘lose’ eggs during her reproductive life varies greatly from individual to individual .
The number of eggs remaining at a given time, in a female is her ‘ovarian reserve.’
we can now estimate your ovarian reserve with a very simple blood test, it measures a hormone known as AMH; or Anti-Mullerian hormone, which can give us a good indication of your fertility status and an estimate of your ovarian reserve.
Basis behind the test?
AMH is produced by the granulosa cells in the developing early antral follicles of the ovary and as the number of eggs decline, the number of small antral follicles also decline along with the AMH.
This means that AMH is a clinically useful measure of ovarian reserve so as an early indication of your fertility status AMH can help you decide whether to start a family sooner or later.
What if my AMH is low?
Once the ovary runs out of eggs, the body can’t produce more and often the last remaining eggs can be of lessor quality so If you’re in a relationship and have a low ovarian reserve, the best option for having children is to go ahead and try as soon as possible.
If a woman experiences premature menopause, Dr. Richika can take you through all your viable options including the use of donor eggs.
We believe that information and knowledge is power and this test is one way you can take charge of your fertility future today.
You may be at increased risk of having a low AMH if you have;