Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PrithviYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor my sister have a hard piece (gilti) in her breast and she have a lots pain in her breast or arm also. She have take pain killer but have no relaxation. Can it be a serious problem?
My Mother is 45 years old. She has Breast Cancer. Now she is under Chemotherapy. What will do to prevent from it in future.
I am 62 years Male suffering from Prostate Enlargement for the last 4 years. Now I am planning to go for TURP which is suggested by Urologist. Now I understand that Laser surgery for this is available which is painless and bloodless where recovery is reported to be very fast unlike conventional surgery. Please inform me which is best type of surgery ie. Either conventional or laser surgery.(weight of the gland is 140 gms.
What is blood cancer symptoms, as I am suffering from heavy heartache for 1 month. Please kindly advice me wha to do. I m really afraid as one of my friend told me it could be blood cancer.
Sir, I have a family history of cancer patients and so fear and want to be alert. Want to know what is the simplest and cheapest method / tests that can detect any budding problem in my body. Thanks.
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed cancer type as well as the second most important reason of cancer death in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits.
It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells. Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer-related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
- Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
- Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathways of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
- Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in anti-oxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
- Cook foods in olive oil: Olive oil is rich in anti-cancer properties and it helps in reducing bile acid and increasing the enzymes that can regulate the growth of the cells on the intestine lining so that tissues can be renewed. Antioxidant compounds called phenolics are present in olive oil and have also proven to be a cancer protective anti-oxidant.
- Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult your doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Doctor, I am having problem of urination. It takes some effort to urinate and urination flow is slow. So I went to doctor. He gave me dutasteride+tamsulosin medicine regarding prostate. My prostate volume is 27.10 cc. I have been taking medicine only 1 in 1 day from past 12 days. But still my problem is same. Please tell me in how many days the effect will show by these medicines? I am stress.
Hello Sir/Madam, I have inquiry related to my wife she is 29 year old ,she is suffering from breast fibroadenoma in both side breast ,total number of 7 lumps in both breast, please suggest me preferred treatment.
Sir I gon under surgery of breast cancer now I having 22 days once kemo my hair full loss and nohair I want to what should I do for hair come.
My Mother age 75 has been detected breast cancer as per biopsy and was operated and removed left breast and sent for testing. Report says its a pT2 with grade 2. Er is positive 60% Pr is positive 1% and Her is negative. What does this mean. Will she over come it. What are the survival rates without chemo.
My husband eat lot of gutka and smoke he is got allergies on his body he eats allergy medicine for same please advice me is there any symptoms of cancer.
I have symptoms of enlarged Prostate and these are linked to my difficulty in urination, where either I have a weak stream or get a sudden urge for urination and not able to empty the bladder. Additionally I get severe ache in the left kidney while passing urine, forcing me to at time withhold passing of urine. Though this not happen every time. All xray or ultra sounds in the past have not revealed any stone of any kind. Do you think the pain is due to non emptying of the bladder. What should be my line of treatment. Thank you for your advice.
It can be frustrating suffering from enlarged prostate. When you are suffering from the condition one thing for sure is that you need to make a number of changes in your life. Some of these changes include:
Reduce your fluid intake
To reduce the number of times that you have to go to the bathroom, you need to reduce your fluid intake. As rule of thumb, you shouldn't take any water before going to bed. You also shouldn't take coffee or beer before going to bed. Even when you avoid the fluids it's common to feel the urge to urinate. When you are in the bathroom, you should try "double voiding." This is where you urinate, relax, then wait for a moment then resume your urination. Doing this ensures that you empty your bladder at once thus not requiring you to go to the bathroom a second time.
Cold weather is attributed to the need for regular urination. You should keep your house warm. You do this by staying warm. Ensure that your house is warm by installing furnaces and other heating units. Also, avoid regularly going out at night in cold weather.
Watch the food that you eat:
Experts report that the food you take can make or break your prostate. When you are suffering from enlarged prostate you need to avoid the food that would worsen the condition. Some of the food you need to stay away from include:
Red meat and processed meat: Meat that isn't properly done has been shown to contain high levels of heterocyclic amines that are carcinogenic and worsen your enlarged prostate. To be on the safe side you should avoid foods such as sausage, beef, hot dogs, lunch meats, pork, and others.
Daily and calcium: A research study published by the Journal of nutrition, drinking whole milk increases the progression of fatal prostate cancer. To keep your condition in check you should avoid taking plenty of milk. If you have to take it, you should stick to fat-free milk. To be on the safe side you should take salmon, sesame seeds, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, tofu, and vegetables.
Engage in exercises
If you have never exercised before, now it's the time to start as experts have reported that doing so relieves nervousness thus you are able to urinate without any problems. Exercising also relieves stress. The cool thing is that you don't have to engage in strenuous exercises to reap the benefits. Simple exercises such as walking are enough.