Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PrithviYour feedback matters!
How serious is Prostrate, what is the stage of must surgery, is there any chance of curing by medicine ?
I am 23 years old and I have discovered 2 big lumps on my shoulder. What should I do now. Is it very serious?
What are the symptoms of cancer and aids. Please help me what medicine should be take for that treatment.
I am 19years girl I have a problem of breast pain in some times. Like monthly twice or thrice. Why it is happening is it any problem for me?
Sir/ madam I'm 23 years old I noticed that small size ball in my left side breast I noticed this 1 and half year back some times it will be small some times it will increase the I dnt know what is this please help me to know about it thank u.
Hi I have prostate early stage am taking Urimax F Just wanted to know is prostate fully curable of I have stay on medication Rgds Js.
I am 22 years unmarried girl. I have absent periods my last period was in december. Later whenever I take tabs I get periods else I wont get. Recently I have visited my gynecologist she took hormones test where in the leutinizing hormone was 14.92 which she said was slight higher and she gave me tabs and asked to continue til 3 months. If this leutinizing hormone is high what does it mean is there any disease? I have very bloated stomach and sometimes pain too. Is there any chance of any type of cancer bcz when I browsed it is giving that the bloated stomach and absent periods can be the signs of any type of cancer. please do reply am worried. Thank you in advance.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.
I am 52 year male, prostate problem, using dutas-t medicine daily one. Please let me know how many days I have to use the dosage. Urination was a little bit slow and was better after usage of above medicine, are there any better medicines exists. Or advise if homeo or ayurveda is better.
Can coffee causes cancer. I often drink coffee during my exams more and some of friends said that drinking it more can cause cancer. Is it true?
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of breast cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.