Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PritamYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 19 year old female. I am using olifair night cream for the past 5 days. I am medium complexion. It made my dull skin really bright. Its contents are equal water, Linalool, Linnamal, Pearls Powder, Isopropyl Myristate, Ceostearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearmidopropyl dimethylmine, teeth-20, Disodium EDTA, Rosemary, Triticum Sativum Carrot Seed Oil. Does this cream contains any carcinogenic agents.
A boil or a skin abscess is a type of bacterial skin infection that leads to formation of a pus-filled red bump on the skin. It usually starts in an oil gland or a hair follicle on the face, the armpits, the neck or the shoulders. If a cluster of boils appears, it is called a carbuncle and this is a more severe infection than a boil. However, most boils are caused by minor infection and can be healed with simple treatment at home. Listed below are the various ways to deal with a boil:
- Boils are not entirely preventable but normal daily hygiene can reduce the frequency of the occurrence of boils.
- When you notice a boil formation, you should apply a hot compress on it. The heat helps to prevent the formation of too much pus by helping it drain faster. When the blood circulation to the area is improved by the heat, the antibodies help to draw out the germs.
- The boil usually drains on its own. You may try draining it yourself but only when it is soft. Poking a hard boil can be extremely painful; it may bleed and make the infection worse. It is usually best to let it drain by itself.
- When the boil starts draining, you can clean the infected area with an antibacterial soap daily till the boil is drained and flattened. You may clean it with some rubbing alcohol in order to prevent the germs in the pus from spreading to other areas of the body.
- The infected area can be kept covered with sterile gauze coated with antibiotic ointment.
- Penicillin-based antibiotics can be used to treat the boil but only if it is a severe infection. If the boil is excessively painful, you can use pain relievers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol.
- Avoid sitting in one particular position for too long because this increases the pain.
- It is important to wash your hands every time you touch the draining boil because the bacteria is extremely contagious and can spread to other areas of your skin as well as to other people.
- All the articles which have been used to treat the boils like the gauze, cloth, cotton and hot compress should either be discarded or disinfected to avoid spreading of the infection.
What is the difference between gastritis, bloating and acidity. I face problem of bloating and problem in gas release, but no burning sensation. I Am trying mixture of acne, saunf etc after meals. Do not take spicy food, though I love curd, but presently taking more cough .about fruits I do not know except bananas. Have also tried divya churna which have not really worked.
In summer the problem of pimples on my face is increase and skin become oily. Can you please help me?
I have sweating problem in my palm and feet. It is since my birth. I do not know weather it is some skin infection or not! But it is throughout the year. I also have itching problem in my palm but it is not regular.
Treatment Options For Dark Circles
1. Cold compress also helps treat dark circles. You may use an ice bag, cloth dipped in cold water, or a frozen spoon. Simply dab anyone of these near the eyes. This will instantly reduce the appearance of dark circles.
2. Dip cotton balls in rose water and keep on the under eye area for 20 minutes. This will also help to reduce dark circle.
3. Apply cold milk or iced water compress over the eyes and leave for 15 – 20 min. This is also quite effective.
4. Eat fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and iron. Blend 2 fresh tomatoes, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and drink the juice daily or every alternate day for a healthy skin and refreshed eyes.
5. Laser treatment is another effective treatment for dark circle removal. With laser treatment, the fat deposited under the eye is targeted. After the laser treatment, the skin under the eye becomes smooth and less discoloured.
In laser treatment, an ultraviolet light or infrared invisible light is used to create a wave length that releases energy as they move across the skin. The energy is absorbed through the skin layers and gives a soothing effect, while correcting the dark and irregular skin pigments that cause dark circle.
6. Eye surgery for dark circle is known as blepharoplasty which is performed by a plastic surgeon. The under eye fat deposits are removed resulting in less puffiness, less discolouration and more lively eyes. There are two types of under eye surgery. One is transcutaneous lower lid blepharoplasty where 1 or 2 incision below the lower lid eyelashes is made. It is the ideal solution for those who have more skin under the eye.
The second one is for dark circles under the eye. A local anaesthesia is given for general comfort and may even result in some bruising and swelling lasting for about a week. It’s better to weigh the pros and cons before going for the surgery.
7. Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel:This is one of the most affordable and effective under eye gels available in the Indian market. This under eye gel gives an immediate cooling effect and refreshes the eyes.
8. Various topical creams, ointments and gels are available in the market to minimize the appearance of dark circles. You have to ensure that the creams contain active ingredients which can give optimum results. These active ingredients include vitamin K which helps to reduce dilated blood vessels; and vitamin C and alpha hydroxyl acids which aids in the stimulation of the collagen production of the skin.