Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. PriscillaYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering from polio since many years but now I want her to be treated .so may I know the payment structure of the hospital?
Hi All My mom met an accident with head injury Right FTP SDH and midline shift done the surgery on the same day carinoectomy on 6/11/2016 but still she is semi unconscious there have body movements but not yet open her eyes removed ventilator before 30 hrs may I know when she can open her eyes and how long it will take to become normal here I attached recent CT scan.
Hello, I'm 19 years old. Recently I had headaches which begins after pressure random pressure around the head (mainly forehead between eyebrows) then I get headaches on the sides of my head. I'm also having dizziness and light sensitivity. My sleep is bad and I can't sleep for longer than 5 hours, I also have some anxiety. Can it be the reason? if it is can I use sleeping pills to help me get through this just temporarily? Also I'm having random twitching and vibrating all over body it's been here for more than 3 months but no pain or weakness. Thank you very much for your time. Have a great day.
I am suffering with migraine for last 8 years. I am 20 years old. How can I permanently cure migraine?
I have a problem of tremor sometimes rigidity so I am thinking I am having problem slurred speech also so I am thinking I am having problem of cerebrovascular accidents so please tell me what I have to do about this.
Migraine is a symptom of stress i. E. Physical and mental. Most of the doctors don't know how to deal with stress. So they advise only rest, or tranquillizers. But these are again temporary measures. What is required is exploration of the patient's history, find out stressors i. E. The causes of stress, provide short term and long term remedial measures to deal with stress, monitor the stress level, modify the treatment from time to time and finally educate the patient how to live a stress free life. When this is done, most of the patients get a permanent cure from migraine. Since most doctors have no time for this, the new branch of medicine i. E. Holistic medicine and lifestyle therapy takes care of such patients. Holistic branch also involves herbal treatment which is a better solution than a chemical one.
Migraine patients also have to understand that there is no simple cure. But if they follow the advise and adjust their lives with new therapeutic advise, surely there is a new hope in their lives. Only you must find a good holistic and lifestyle consultant around.
I am regularly suffering from migraine. Can you any one please telma the solutions or remedies for this. Please.
There are continuous pain in my left side head .then I go to neurophysion he told me that I suffering from migraine. So what are cause and care of this.
I am 57 yrs old and a mother of two. For the past seven to eight yrs I have been suffering from Insomnia. I hardly sleep for two hours now and it is telling on my health. I feel fatigued and not fresh at all when I get up in the morning. Sleeping pills are also not effective any more. Can any one suggest a remedy.
I m 19 years old only bt my hand get shake when I hold something. Like the old man hand. Plzz suggest me something. Does there is any prblm in my blood.
One of the most debilitating conditions that anyone can experience is migraine. They can severely limit you by affecting your personal and professional life as you are in constant pain. Migraine can manifest in a type of headache with intense pain, an acute sensitivity to light, vomiting and nausea. Often described as a severe throbbing pain in the head, it may stop you from completing regular daily tasks and may delay or postpone your work.
How can migraines be treated?
The exact cause for these debilitating migraine pain hasn't been pointed out yet, but certain triggers such as stress, hormonal changes in the menstrual cycle, sun exposure, bright or flashing lights, among many others have been identified. The first line of defense for you would be to understand and identify what your triggers are. Once that is done, you can try and avoid them. If these still trigger a migraine or are about to trigger one, you can immediately take medications or steps to control it or at least lessen the pain to go through your day. Some of the options you can employ to this effect are mentioned below.
- Medications to prevent a migraine attack: The medications mentioned here are specialized treatments and can only be taken after a consultation with a doctor. If you are deemed as a candidate for preventative medication for migraines, then either one or a combination of drugs from the following may be prescribed to you.
- Valproate and Topiramate are anti-seizure medications which can be used to prevent migraines.
- Propranolol, a type of beta blocker and used for cardio vascular problems, has proven to be very effective in preventing migraines.
- Onabotulinumtoxin A or a type of Botox, has shown a lot of promise in preventing migraines and is being slowly rolled out as a proper drug as a treatment option.
- Certain antidepressants have also shown to be quite effective in reducing the symptoms of migraines as well.
- Medications to relieve pain: Some of the go to medications that help relieve your pain from migraine are mentioned below. Although some of them are OTC (over the counter) drugs, it is best advised that you consult with your doctor for medications which suit you better. The side effects of these medications can be bad and thus, it is not advised to continue them in the long run and to find other means to control pain from migraines. Some of the medications to relieve pain temporarily are:
- Triptan is a drug used to treat severe migraines
- Caffeine along with Ergotamine can also help dull the pain and deal with it.
- Ibuprofen and aspirin and Acetaminophen are common pain killers that you can use
- Codeine, which contains opioids are also used to treat this problem.
- Metoclopramide and chlorpromazine are two examples of anti-nausea medications as vomiting along with nausea may frequently accompany your migraine.
Always remember that these medications can have strong side effects if not taken properly, therefore do not just pop a pill, consult your physician first and know which one should you take and how frequently.