Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Premalatha
Submit a review for Dr. PremalathaYour feedback matters!
Most often than not, cancer comes unannounced and rocks our world. While of late routine tests are being encouraged, it is advisable to keep a look out for symptoms which are commonly overlooked. Some of them are:
1. Peculiar back pain - it has been noticed that the first symptom for liver cancer in many cases is pain the back of the lower back side of the body. Back pain could also be a symptom for breast cancer, in cases where the tumour is pressing backwards, into the chest.
2. Unexplained nail marks - nails often reflect the condition of our health. If there is a sudden and unexplained change in the fingernails, like maybe a dot/a black mark or a brown mark under the nail, this could be a sign of lung cancer.
3. Sensitive skin patches - if there is a lump on the skin or a patch feels sore, is crusty or bleeds very easily then this could be a symptom of skin cancer. It is important to be aware of all changes in your skin, throughout the body.
4. Unexplained facial puffiness - if your face seems puffy, read or swelled, without any logical explanation, this could be a symptom.
5. Unusual menstruation - if you are having unusually heavy and painful periods, it is advisable to request for a transvaginal ultrasound as this could be a symptom of uterine cancer.
6. Changes in breast (s) - this is the most common change which women who have been diagnosed of breast cancer have reported. If the nipple is flattened, inverted or turned sideways, it could be a symptom for breast cancer. Also, if the breast feels read, sore or swollen, it could be a symptom.
7. Frequent stomach problems - frequent upset stomachs and cramps could be the symptom of colorectal cancer.
8. Unreasonable weight loss - if you are losing a lot of weight without even trying to, this could be an early sign of colon or any other digestive cancer. It could also mean that the cancer is spreading to the liver, if your appetite is getting affected.
9. Blood in stool - if there is blood in your stool, this could be a symptom of colorectal cancer and you need to go for a colonoscopy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I want to in detail about prostate enlargement. Why is it caused? What are the effects of it? How to treat it? Is it treatable? Please tell in detail about the disease not the medication.
Doctor my aunt is suffer from last 4 days I don't know which disease it is but it's look like a tumor which is at chest below to left Brest it look yellowish ready hard muscle or like tumor. At earlier their is no pain but still it become very painful by this time entire Brest is paining now .she is using castor oil but isn't giving good result .Please help n suggest us.
I have a like tumor under the ear. It have no pain but it is too large anybody can see it. Its sige 23×27mm. I checked it frm doctor and they say there is no sultion without operation. I want to ask is there any medicine by which it can ve moved or dissolve.
Cancer is probably the most dreaded disease of our time. There are many different types of cancers, based on the parts of the body affected. As the name suggest, bladder cancer originates in the bladder. It typically affects elderly people but can occur at any age. In most cases, bladder cancer is treatable as long as it is detected in the early stages. However, it has a high risk of recurrence and hence cancer surveillance is needed for many years after treatment.
There are a number of challenges associated with bladder cancer surveillance, such as:
- Anxiety: As expected, it can be quite nerve wrecking to be constantly tested for cancer and have to wait for the results of your tests. A cystoscopic examination is one of the main methods of testing for bladder cancer. Most patients show both pre-procedural and post-procedural anxiety. To deal with this anxiety and stress try meditating or practising yoga. Going for a walk regularly can also help ease the symptoms of anxiety and improve your overall health. Connect with other bladder cancer patients who can understand your experience and fears.
- Adherence: After the cancer has been cured, bladder cancer patients need to be tested at least once every 3-6 months for the first three years and annually thereafter. This frequency increases for Nonmuscle-invasive bladder cancer patients. Many patients prefer to use urine-based tests rather than a cystoscopic examination, but this may lead to more unwanted stress and anxiety and these tests do have false positive results at the time. Adhering to this schedule is often difficult and most patients do not strictly adhere to this schedule. However, this is completely in the hands of the patient. The more regularly you get yourself checked up, the higher the chances of detecting bladder cancer tumours in the initial stages and getting it treated.
- Related infections: Bladder cancer patients have a higher risk of developing tumors in the ureter and kidneys. Tumors may also develop in the inner lining of these organs. The risk of these tumors depends on the stage and grade of the initial disease and the response of the tumor to treatment. As with any other infection and health disorder, your food and water intake plays an important role in keeping toxins at bay. While there have been no proven supplements to help prevent bladder cancer, drink plenty of water to flush your system and keep it clean.
My jiju has buccal mucosa cancer had 2 chemotherapy tumor is shrinking may b but swelling is still same recently WBC counts increased to 40 micro L higher thn normal does tht means cancers cells are spreading?
What are the causes for breast cancer in female and may I know the symptoms for that? And how can we get rid of that type of cancer?
FNAC report suggestive of well differentiation squamous cell carcinoma with meta static deposits site rt cervical lymhphnode pt. problem small area of ulceration pt. in my sister.Please tell sir.
Dear Doctors, is is possible that breast mass and breast cyst (filled with water) both present at a time in one or both breasts?
I am feeling mysterious diffuse pain and discomfort in mine left breast. Nothing positive on investigations and test. All of a sudden this diffuse pain and discomfort troubles me alot. Few say. At the age of 45 setting of breast may be the cause. Or perimenopause symptoms. But really. The pain and discomfort I feel and face. Is unbearable. At that time it seems. As if I am not even able to breath properly. What can be the reason. How to get rid of this trouble or got it treated.
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.