Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Premalatha
Submit a review for Dr. PremalathaYour feedback matters!
One of my aunty Suffering from Cancer Aged about 68 .Underwent surgery DI and now doctors recommending for radiation treatment I would required Suggestion is there any thing through diet can it be controlled please.
I am suffering from enlarged prostate and related difficulties, such as get up from sleep at night 3-4 times to pass urine, feeling urgency to pass urine etc. Conducted several tests and physician prescribed Weltam 0.4 mg tablets daily once at night. I do not feel much improvement in my problem. Your valued suggestions solicited. Thanks
My uncle suffering from rectum cancer named melanmo & his rectum was change & he already completed 6 cemo therapy in previous year at present he had a problem he have some vomiting problem and liver problem. What's medicine for him please suggest me.
Hi. My aunty had throat cancer. It was detected last year. Can you pls tell me treatment for the throat cancer. Which hospital can give the good treatment. Thank you.
Tv doctor told, enlarged prostate gland begins to shrink gradually after enlarging for a while, is it true? Thanks in advance.
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
Loss of appetite
Sudden weight loss
In the later stages:
Causes of Lung Cancer:
- Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
- Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
- Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
- High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
- High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful as it directly affects the lungs and when the arsenic content is too high, it may lead to lung cancer.
- Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer.