Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Premalatha
Submit a review for Dr. PremalathaYour feedback matters!
My father is 56 years old. He had sphincterotomy. Cholangiogram showed narrowing at mid CBD. No tumour observed in MRI and CT scan. But CA-19-9 is 1829.5 and CEA is 0.35. Does this indicate cancer.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.type diabetes
Hi I am 35 year old now I am facing hyperplastic stratified squamous epithelium with focal hyperkeratosis and parakeratosis. In my report what is this. Is this Cancer.
My father has been diagnosed with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Stage 4 with primary tumour in his Left Upper Lung and metastasis in Liver and Bone. The biopsy report has confirmed it to be adenocarcinoma. The cancer was detected while he was admitted at a hospital in Mumbai and was undergoing treatment for Acute Paraplegia which happened on 02 Nov 16, due to arteries-Venous Fistula at D-10 level resulting in oedema/ ischemia of the spine from D-5 to Conus. After two failed attempts of embolization, towards treatment of the AVF, surgical clipping of the fistula was undertaken on 10 Nov 16. As part of post-operative rehabilitation therapy for his paraplegia, he was given 65 session of Hyper-basic Oxygen Therapy at 2.4 ata pressure for about two and a half month and about two hour of Physiotherapy for the same duration. My father was recovering well and had started walking with the help of support (walker). MRI of the spine taken in mid Jan & Mid June 2017 indicates that the spinal cord oedema had improved significantly, although atrophy of the spine cord is still present. He complained of wheezing and breathing difficulty and towards ascertaining the cause a X-ray was taken on 23 Feb 17 which showed massive pleural effusion in his left lungs. A series of tests followed with the ultimate result as NSCLC Stage 3B. He was started with CCRT treatment which concluded on 05 May 17. During the treatment he was given daily dose of radiation therapy using IGRT (60 Gy/ 30 #/6 weeks) and weekly chemotherapy with paclitaxel (150 mg) & Carboplatin (300 mg) for 6 weeks. Despite the treatment, the cancer is advancing and has now spread to Liver and Bones as brought out in his latest PET CT report. Lung tissue which was obtained during CT guided biopsy conducted in the month of Mar 17, before the CCRT treatment was started, has tested positive for EGFR mutation – “E746_A750del is detected in EXON 19 of EGFR gene”. The medicine oncologist has however said that the gene profiling of the primary tumour tissue is not sufficient for starting Targeted Therapy and gene profiling of a tissue obtained from any of the metastatic site is necessary for the same. Three procedures have been undertaken to obtain tissue sample from the metastases site, twice from the liver and once from the pleural deposits, and all the three times the cancerous tissue could not be obtained. Due to non-availability of conformed cancerous tissue from the metastases site, a firm treatment plan has yet not been made for my father. In the meantime, the doctor has recently started my father on Erlotinib 150 mg OD as there has been considerable delay in his next phase of treatment due to non availability of metastases cancerous tissue. Could you please help me by answering the following:- 1.Can you suggest anything towards treatment of my father? 2.Is gene profiling of tissue from a metastases site absolutely necessary for starting targeted therapy for my father? 3.I read online that Erlotinib or Afatinib can be used as Targeted Therapy for patient with EGFR Lung cancer mutation. Is this true? If yes, will a daily tablet of these drugs be sufficient for his next phase of treatment, or a concurrent conventional chemotherapy is also required? 4.Can 65 session of Hyper-basic Oxygen Therapy at 2.4 ata given at a stretch of about 80 days, with a daily dose of 02 hour be a cause of his cancer? I have read it online that the oxygen free radical produced during HBOT treatment can cause cancer.
Hello Sir, I'm 22 yrs. Always I fell that my body isn't going well. Something wrong with my body. Some time stomach. Some time head. Some time leg. Some time heart bit grow. But almost I have nothing. Doctor's r saying this all r due to depression. If something get into my leg and start paining I started to think that it's a snake's bite, I'll die after few hrs. I always fell that I have tumour in brain. Cancer in blood. If anywhere I fell any pain I became worried. I think there is a tumor which will convert 2 cancer. I have cancer phobia. When I listen anybody died like such it worried me 2 much, I started to think about that. But this thinking came just last 1 n half year. Before this 1n half years I was in mess for study. Pls give me some solution pls sir. My life became hell.
I have listened that some american scientists invented the cure for cancers it true? Do you know any such cure for cancer?
She is 76. Have a lump in breast. Cytopathology Reports says cellular cytosmere shows tumor cell arranged in multilayered cluster, papilloriod fronds and multilayered sheets. These shell show high n/c ratio nuclear pleomisphism, irregular nuclear chromatin. Tumor are intermingled with stromal fragments. Invasive ductile carcinoma of breast. And ultrasound report says irregular solid hypoechic mass lesion in left upper lateral quadrant and periareiolar region in 10' clock position to the nipple A/W area of necrosis-neoplasm. Few enlarged left axillary lymph nodes- metastasis. She is a heart patient and is taking medicine for diabetes. Right now her fasting sugar level is 99. Please suggest wat to be done. And where. She is at rourkela odisha right now.
When it comes to cold and the flu, Vitamin C or ascorbic acid is hailed as the best remedy and preventive agent. But did you know that this could also help fight against cancer? Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is not produced by our bodies and needs to be sourced through food. It is needed for the synthesis of collagen, norepinephrine, and carnitine. Collagen is required to develop bones, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels.
Norepinephrine is a neurotransmitter while carnitine is a protein required for transportation of fat to the mitochondria. Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that protects the body against damage caused by free radicals. In addition, it boosts the immune system and increases the body’s ability to fight infections. Ideally, an adult man should have 90mg per day while an adult woman should consume 75mg vitamin C per day.
When it comes to cancer treatment, vitamin C can act as an immune-modulator. It enhances the body’s resistance to pathogens and suppresses production of IL-18. This is a key regulator in melanomas, carcinomas and other kinds of malignant skin tumours. In the case of gastric cancers, the production of IL-18 is boosted by the vascular endothelial growth factor. In the case of breast cancer, IL-18 induces the production of transferrin. Thus, by regulating and reducing the production of IL-18, vitamin C can help reduce the risk of skin cancers, stomach cancers, and breast cancer. Dosage is key to the efficacy of Vitamin C in preventing cancer as an immune modulator.
In its reduced form, vitamin C is known as ascorbate. This has the ability to act as a prooxidant. Ascorbate in high dosages induces apoptosis in some melanomas through mitochondrial dysfunction. Similarly, a low dose of ascorbate induces cell cycle arrest of some types of cancer cells. Thus, by acting as a prooxidant, vitamin C inhibits the growth of cancer cells. This includes growth by inducing endoplasmic reticulum stress, suppressing growth factors and inhibiting angiogenic factor production. It also produces hydrogen peroxide-dependent cytotoxicity in cancerous cells without affecting other healthy cells.
The efficacy of vitamin C in dealing with various types of cancer has been found to be most effective when administered intravenously. In addition, it may also be given orally. Since vitamin C is cytotoxic and does not affect other cells, the side effects of this type of cancer therapy are usually negligible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!