Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prema
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PremaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from social anxiety. I get too anxious in all social situations. There is a strange kind of feeling within. My heart rate also increases. Kindly suggest some tips.
Hi I am suffering from anxiety and for Same I was taking medicine etizola beta 0.25.but I left the medicine considering that I has overcome the problem, but those anxiety shocks still vibrate me but not most often. Sir today I felt headache and I took medicine nicip plus. The instant I chewed the tablet I felt very nervy, and at same time I felt that heart pulsation would increase but I controlled the same by rejecting negativity. Sir but still I am feeling a bit scary, and all that. Please suggest me best approach to the problem. Thanks.
I am taking alprazolam 0. 5 daily. Kindly notify about side effects. What is the best medicine for depression and anxiety without side effects.
I am not able to speak properly I stammer especially when I am nervous or tensed. I can speak fluently with parents but am not able to speak in front of anybody else. It occurs more with some alphabets like m, n, p, j, k etc. What should I do to speak properly?
My case may take your time but I request you to pay attention now we are a family of five as I just got married. My parents relationship were not healthier since starting. But they do love both of us. I left my home in 2006 for college and then job and it impacts my mother mind hard. Since 6-7 years I am noticing she lost her confidence. She keep standing in the kitchen for 3-4 hours and doing nothing. Starts looking the roof and start laughing and she never eat food with anyone. It' s not that my father is a bad guy. We all tried to understand her mindset but not possible. Now my sister also moved out of karnal for job and now just my parents are left at home. Now when I see my mom, I want to help her. I don' t know what exactly is going in her mind and she never shared her feelings. She just keep calling me and ask for my health and food. I do worry for her and she is not in good state of mind. I saw her sometime talking to wall or something. My father also tries to help her but we don' t know how to handle or do? i' m ready to do anything just to bring her back to normal. Please help!
Parents get very concerned when they are just not able to hold their child’s attention who is restless, hyperactive, anxious, highly energetic, and never attentive. For some, this could initially be an exciting phase but can be an indication of some serious underlying disorder too.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or hyperactive disorder or ADHD as it is commonly known is a group of symptoms including behavioural, mood, cognitive, and learning disabilities with a lot of aggression, irritability, excitability, forgetfulness, restlessness, reduced attention span, etc. in these children. Listed below are the common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
The impact is felt across all spheres of life including home, academics, school life, and in relationships with friends.
- Usually seen in children before the age of 7.
- With very short attention spans, the child constantly looks for something to do and be engaged.
- Very easy to get distracted even when engaged, the child is very restless.
- Sleep disorders.
- With constantly being on the toes, the child feels tired and lethargic.
- Difficulty prioritising and frequent procrastination.
- They forget things quite easily and would ask for help with coordinating movements.
- Rare, but some children can have learning disabilities like dyslexia, but their intelligence levels are not affected.
- Disorganisation, leading to poor motor coordination and impaired movements.
- Difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills may cause delay in engagement in sports.
- Diet changes with rise in processed foods and sugary diet.
- Social changes like nuclear families, single parents, lack of siblings, etc.
- Increased time spent with electronic devices.
Homoeopathy has an effective cure for ADHD as it looks at the child holistically and proposes remedies. Homeopathic constitutional treatment provides an effective solution for adhd. Some common remedies are listed below. A word of caution though never self-medicate using these. ADHD is a complex condition and should be assessed completely before initiating treatment.
- Tarentula Hispana: Most commonly used in treating idiosyncrasies. The child is hyperactive, compulsive, restless, constantly moving, and has difficult being in one place, can be violent and destructive. Strange, but they have a strong liking to music.
- Stramonium: When the child is fearful or aggressive or withdrawn (usually due to a traumatic event), they tend to seek attention and this is then used.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Used in children who present with manic or sexualised symptoms.
Homeopathy is used in ADHD where symptoms are across the spectrum - hyperactive to complete withdrawal, completely based on symptoms and psychotherapy plays an important role in treatment through behaviour modification techniques like CBT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.