Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. PremaYour feedback matters!
I am having a relationship problem with my girlfriend. I am unable to say that she hurts me directly without hurting her.
How many acupuncture treatments does it take to relieve stress? Is this something that needs continual treatment?
Hi My uncle had Parkinson's at the age of 73. Unka dimaag kharab ho gaya tha. Woh maid ko ched dete the. Thoda character loose ho gaya tha. I I hope this character kharab hona is not the symptom of Parkinson's or its medicines. N it is not necessary I that all Parkinson's patient behave like my uncle Please give me positive reply.
Hello. Actually it wanna ask you a question for my grand mother. She is 72 years old. From 1 week she is reacting very different. She is saying that someone is doing something n all. Which no one can able to see except her. She is creating a lot of things. What is this we don't know. Can anyone help me out?
My head always pains in a extreme level.I get angry very soon if things don't happen as I want,or anything goes wrong I can't be quite. If the person is bigger than me I don't think I should not talk loud with t hem,after words I feel guilty,but we can't take words back. Before 8 years my nature was opposite I dont use to talk harshly with anyone,but know I can't bare wrong things . What to do. I feel very guilty but I can't control my self
Sir I have a problem that I can't concentrate on my studies as I can't sleep properly the exam time is near should I get any detailed answer to my serious problem so that I could concentrate and score good in the exam.
I am 43 yes, have bipolar disorder for past 20 yes. Can it pass on to my children. 8 years old another 16 yr. What symptoms show this disorder.
In theory this formula sounds good: “One third of your time should be spent taking care of business. Then spend one third taking care of the inner and the physical you. And one third for family, friends, community, and the world at large.” That would be desirable if we lived in an ideal world.
The answer is: Simply do your best! The key is to learn to be present in whatever third you're living in. So when you're working, work. And when you’re loving, love. And when you're eating, eat.
The secret is this: Listen to your body, pay attention to the signals it gives off.
When you listen to your body, you will know when it’s functioning at optimal levels. Your body will tell you when you've had enough sleep or when you've had enough food.
It’s about living more mindfully. It’s about being aware of where you are, in excess or in deficiency, and taking the steps needed to restore balance and achieve that natural state of equilibrium. Your body will thank you.
What are the symptoms of lungs infection or cancer? Is there any medicine to quit smoking or any alternative way to quit smoking?
Doctor, I'm a 24 year old girl. I have a slight loss of memory when it come to work that I keep forgetting about certain works I did the day before or the payments I made and received. This is creating a little problem at work. And I do keep over thinking about my future as I want a career and I have been getting proposals for marriage, when i'm not at all ready for it. I wish to work and make some money. I keep avoiding all the family get together and meetings with relatives as they keep asking me about my exams (I'm a CA student. I wanted to be a designer in the first place, but was ok with mothers choice. Even I agreed to it. But I regret it very badly now. I asked several times to switch my career choice and all I kept getting as reply was "try. Try" I am literally tired now. I could not pass the levels in CA and now I stand with a UG degree and 3 years experience. Best part is articleship is not counted as experience when you apply for jobs. I still tried and my applications are getting rejected. I sleep a lot. I keep thinking a lot. And Im worried about my future. Above these worries to have a proper career, my parents want me to get married. I do not want to marry without my own job, and live the rest of my life with someones money. I want my own income. Doctor, I do not know if these are nonsense or if i'm being immature, but I do face a lot of mental stress and my friends say that I have changed and become more silent, when I used to be a very lively person. I want support from my parents side. All I want is that. If I should be able to do something, then I need only them to be strong and have faith in me and god. I tried convincing them, but every next time they come up with another proposal that too of 31 and 32 years old,(they think age defines maturity, but I do not believe when they them self is an example. as I have not mentioned anything about my choices. Please guide me if i'm wrong with my views regarding life and career. Thank you Doctor.
I have scabies from one month, I am very much scared from it, it is really a irritating problem which is affecting my health and the concentration from studies. Scabies has totally infected my genital area and also under armpit. So it's a kind request to you to please suggest the cure for this irritating disease which has totally spoilt my lovely married life. So sir, please suggest some ideas from which I can get escape from this.
I am suffering from body aches after getting up in the morning with having bad breath also. Want to know some solution?
I have a problem with the society and people who are not doing their duty properly. The people who are surrounded us are politicians, leaders, rich people with the intention of loot the country. They don't have the nature of help to needy people and poor. Daily on watching news in tv or in a newspaper I would be suffers more . I scold Indians not the India. I want those people who escaping with loop section. Everybody like that only. Not even thinking properly about their mother land and future generations. Why I am like this? I can't tolerate there presence in my country.
I read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer's disease. Is this true? If so which food do this and how much would I have to consume to get the benefits.
Borderline personality disorder is connected with the mental health of the patient and is usually seen in the way the patient perceives himself or herself. This has a deep impact on the brain and overall functioning of the patient. It leads to problems in the personal life and relationships of the patient. These problems are usually triggered by a fear of abandonment. Let us explore the signs and symptoms of this condition to understand it in a better manner:
- Discouraging Attitude: One of the earliest signs of this disorder includes having an attitude that is very discouraging. This attitude may remain limited to the patient or may extend to the people around him or her.
- Self-Identity: This disorder has a marked impact on the self-identity of the patient. There is usually a rapid decline in the way the patient may view himself or herself. A self-deprecating attitude will usually be seen among patients suffering from this condition, where the self-esteem hits an all-time low along with low self-confidence.
- Relationships: Whether it the patient's personal relationships, family, friends or work based relationships, there will be a sharp decline in the quality of interactions that the patient indulges in, due to this disorder. The interactions and dynamics of all relationships will usually take on an intense turn as the patient will have varied unfounded concerns that come from the fear of abandonment. This usually stems from some form of childhood trauma triggered by parental separation or loss.
- Impulsive Behavior: Patients suffering from this disorder will also display impulsive behavior that may lead to gambling, and other risky behavior. This kind of behavior can usually lead to accidents and losses as well as further lowering of the sense of self-esteem that the patient may experience. Also, abuse and binge eating are some of the symptoms of this kind of behavior.
- Suicidal threats: There may be threats of suicide by patients who are suffering from this disorder. This usually happens because most of these patients end up feeling lost and empty, which makes them think that their life and all its activities are completely futile. If you happen to meet someone who consistently talks about how useless he or she is and how nothing in life seems to have a purpose, then you may want to recommend this person to a psychiatrist as these are the earliest signs and symptoms of borderline personality disorder.
- Mood swings: The patient will also suffer from intense mood swings. These could last up to several days and even weeks. These mood swings could go from happiness to severe anxiety and even shame.