Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema NatarajYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, my friend became pregnant so she didn't want to keep the child after a month she went to medical store and bought some tablets and there was 4 tablets and 2 tablet for eating and 2 is for pushing in the down side of his ovary. She did as he told after few hours she couldn't feel well and blood came out from her inside and 2 weeks have been that blood is still coming out so I asked her that what medicine you ate and she told me that medicine price was 80 rupees but she didn't she the name of medicine. Now she is very weak. She is 19 years old so what medicine she has to eat and is it side infection or what we don't know but if you say that what she has to do or eat and how to do then we will be happy sir. Thank you.
I am pregnant from 2 months and now I am having problem in eating food I am only having 1 to 2 chapatis And yesterday I did vomit just after eating the food Is it normal or not?
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is pregnant from last 5 months and she is pain in stomach, and now baby weight 482 grams. please tell me.
Do's for knee pain:
1. Make a habit of walking for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
2. Apply hot pack in painful area for 10-15 minutes.
3. Start taking calcium reach foods in diet such as milk, paneer etc.
4. Try using knee cap or knee braces if there is pain while walking.
5. Maintain normal healthy weight.
Dont's for knee pain:
1. Avoid running in high speed.
2. Avoid sitting cross legged.
3. Avoid sitting in low height chair.
4. Try to avoid stair climbing.
Also consider for physiotherapy exercises guided by physios for better results if the pain persists.
Most of the people who are against sex education in school seem to view sex and sexually as something associated with physical and functional aspects of sexual relationships. There are also others who feel that providing knowledge about sex may provide a gateway for experimenting sexual life at a young age. I don’t deny this risk factor. But these people can also never deny that without such informations such exploration and experimentation are still happening among adolescents.
What everyone should understand is sex and sexuality are not just related to physical and functional aspects of sexual life. There is emotional, interpersonal, relationship, social, moral and personality factors such as decision making, self confidence and self esteem associated with it. Any systematic sexual education should comprehensively cover all these factors in a progressive model at different grades. The sadness is that our normal academic system has failed to address all these psychological factors which are essential for a wholistic development of a child.
For ages together we have tried to maintain the secrecy of sexual life from not just from children, but also from adolescents who physically mature. Even the informations shared are partial and shrouded with secrecy. Just like any partial information motivating us to know more, this approach has only lead to increasing the interest in children to know more about sex. Leave out the films that brand themselves as “adults only” even though there is very limited restrictions on young children watching such films, even the ones which are branded as “for all” or family movie also have a lot of content which shows physical contact among opposite genders as pleasurable and exciting.
Children also witness such intimate contact in real life, in various social environments and sometimes even among their parents. children also come across a lot of sexuality associated terms which are explicit such as “fuck” in emotionally charged conversations, or words and terms with veiled informations, in lighter ones, for which the reactions from the listener is so different and explicit, that any child can smell that there is some shady information in it. These stimuli without appropriate systematic scientific knowledge can only evoke interest to know more and experiment at the first available opportunity.
With more and more children getting access to internet and have started using social networking rampantly, sex and sexuality are no more a holy secret to be preserved. Now children as young as 6yrs are browsing internet for information to get additional informations related to academic activities. Even without any intentional search or interest, they can very easily stray in to any of the website which provide obscene stories, pictures or prone video clips. Use of simple words like “hot” “position” in search engines, can give a lot of leads into such websites. These sites only provide information of the erotic pleasure associated with sexual life.
Since sexual interest are instinctual, it is quiet natural that the children who have once strayed into such websites are motivated to go again and search for such websites. With the parents finding very little time to monitor the activities of the child, provide adequate care, love, affection and emotional support, provide appropriate knowledge and clarifications, whenever the child has some doubts and apprehensions about what they have come across, the vulnerability of the children to become victims of cyber bullying and sexual assault increases in leaps and bounds. All a person with intentions of abusing a child has to do, is act affectionately to the child and the child easily falls into the trap.
With the majority of society focusing of increasing their standards of living by increasing their materialistic possessions and physical / environmental comforts, stress levels have increased and moral values and value for relationships have come down drastically. This has also lead to the increase in pervasive cognitions among adults making children more vulnerable to harassment.
Every data related to sex and sexuality is hidden from children or used with some other sublime representation, due to the fear that the parents or teachers may be put in a delicate situation if any questions are asked about it. Few also fear the embarrassment they may encounter if any such questions are asked by the child in a social situation. Other fears that this can create interest in sexual activities in the child. While all other body parts are taught by their names both in schools and by the parents the genitals name are not addressed as “vagina” or “penis” the real name. These parts are left out without names in the books and addressed with casual verbatim as “si si” or “su su”. This approach of the adults is the first seed for creating a belief in the mind of the child that anything related to genitals is supposed to be kept as a secret and should not be discussed openly. It is this thought that prevents the child from communicating any issues or happenings related to their genitals including sexual abuse.
Open communication about the genitals just like any other parts of the body can make the child free enough to communicate any happenings associated with it to their parents. A child should feel comfortable to say that somebody touched my vagina or penis just like he or she can say that somebody has touched my nose. Just like we teach the child how to take care of their teeth by brushing twice regularly, the child can also be taught how to maintain their genital hygienically, keeping it covered and not allowing anybody else to touch them and also immediately report any such incidents whether it’s done with consent or not, to parents or teachers. If such openness is created sexual abuse can been identified at a very early stage and preventive measures can be taken.
With the Freudian “id” the animal pleasure seeking behavior increasing in individuals, the society is becoming a dangerous place to live in, more so for the children. The demand of the current situation is to equip children adequate knowledge, skills, confidence and feeling that there are parents and teachers who they can freely approach for support when they encounter any crisis. Preventing sexual abuse has a important role to play in safe guarding the physical and psychological health and sex education from a very early stage has a very important role in ensuring this
Hi i am 23 year old and i'm 20week pregnant. Before pregnancy I do not have any thyroid abnormalities but after pregnancy my doctor told me that my thyroid level is low and she prescribed me thyroxine tablet. So I need to know that whether it affects my baby? Or do it have any side effect after delivery.
Hello I have taken 3pills in a month after my intercourse nw I got my dates bt the flow is very little is there any chance of getting pregnant or it is just a side effect of tablet please rply.
I used to where leggi and frok karti in my pregnancy. I did not feel uncomfortable but whenever I go to fresh up in the morning I feel lil my tummy pressed. And it takes at least 10 mints for me to squat is there any problem with pressing of stomach becoz my 5 month is started now and my bump size is normal but I feel uncomfortable to sit for a long time. I use indian toilet I want to ask is it ok and when I will enter in my 7 and 8 month the same problem will occur so it will harm my baby or it will be ok. Pls suggest.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.
Trigeminal neuralgia can be best described as an ongoing condition that affects a group of nerves called the fifth cranial nerve which is responsible for sensation in the face. Individuals suffering from this pain say that the pain feels like that of an electric shock and sometimes it becomes unbearably severe. According to medical experts, the trigeminal neuralgia is the acutest pain that an individual can suffer from where the pain mostly affects the lower portion of the face along with the jaw and may also affect the lips, nose, ears and eyes. Trigeminal neuralgia is thought to affect over 1 million people across the world and 1 person in every 15,000 people suffers from this disease.
Understanding the causes of trigeminal neuralgia
The human face comprises of two trigeminal nerves, one on each side of the face and each splits into 3 branches which aid in transmitting sensations of pain as well as a touch from the teeth, mouth, and face to the brain. Most cases of trigeminal neuralgia are said to be triggered by the blood vessels, which sometimes presses the root of the trigeminal nerve. This is known to make the nerve transmit signals which lead to the feeling of stabbing and throbbing pain in the facial regions.
The exertion of pressure on the nerves is mostly caused by multiple sclerosis and tumor and some other suspected causes of trigeminal neuralgia include, pressing of the blood vessel against the root of the trigeminal nerve, demyelization of the trigeminal nerves during the advanced stages of multiple sclerosis, physical damage to the nerve caused by an injury, a surgical procedure or a severe infection, although rare, pressing of a tumor against the trigeminal nerve may also cause it and family history and genetic conditions are also responsible for causing trigeminal neuralgia
Diagnosing trigeminal neuralgia:
If the primary health care provider feels that the symptoms of facial pain are indicative of trigeminal neuralgia, then the patient’s face is required to be examined and evaluated more carefully to detect the affected parts with precision. Other conditions which may have similar symptoms including tooth problems and sinusitis would be eliminated first. Then an MRI scan would be performed which would help understand whether the trigeminal neuralgia is triggered by some underlying medical issues. But the MRI would not be able to reveal the reasons behind the irritation of the nerve unless tumor or multiple sclerosis is the cause. This is because it is not possible to visualize the blood vessel that stands next to the nerve root.
Getting the right treatment for trigeminal neuralgia:
- Interventional Treatments:
- Percutaneous Radiofrequency(RF) Ablation of Gasserian Ganglion
- Percutaneous Glycerol Rhizolysis
- Percutaneous Baloon Micro compression
- Surgical Microvascular Decompression (MVD)
- Gamma Knife Stereotactic Radiation Therapy
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I am 7+ weeks pregnant. My weight is 80 KGS. Please suggest some diet chart so that I can maintain proper weight for my baby.
Hi doctor we trying for a baby for last one year. With doctor's advice we did semen analysis follicular study and thyroid test. Doctor said tests all showing normal result. My period was also regular. What will be the reason for this issue?
Ways to induce early menstrual cycles as I am having poly cystic ovarian diseases and from last three months I am not having menstrual cycles. My exams are coming so I want to get rid of early before exams.
Hello, I want to ask that I do sex with my girlfriend without condom but I didn't inject sperm in her vagina. After 48 hours of sex I gave her unwanted 72. Is there anything to worry like pregnancy type please clear my doubt. I am in stress with this.
I shaved my vagina and butt awhile ago but it should t look like this and im really worried because a couple days before that I had unprotected sex. I am so worried and its very painful.
How can you eat healthy? This is a question that plagues many of us. The quest for a youthful looking body that is also slim and well-toned is something that we all strive for. On the other side of the spectrum, we also have people who are concerned about too much of weight loss, fatigue and general weakness. So what all can you do to ensure that you indulge in healthy eating for a healthy body and mind? Try these nine tips.
- Eating the Right Carbohydrates: Choose the right carbs that will help you pile up on energy with the right kind of food. Sugar and flour can cause an overload of carbs in your digestive system, while oats, cereals and complex carbs like whole grains are high in fibre.
- Lean Protein: Avoid red meat and make a beeline for fish and other lean protein that will give you omega three fatty acids in the process as well. This includes fish and chicken.
- Good Fats: There are four major types of dietary fat found in food from plants and animals - Good Fats(monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats including omega-3s), Bad Fats(trans fats), and Saturated Fats. Good fats can improve blood cholesterol levels, lower your risk of heart disease, and benefit insulin levels and blood sugar. Omega-3 fats are particularly beneficial for your brain and mood. The best sources are fish, nuts, and seeds.
- Superfoods: Berries and all their variants have come to be known as super foods. These are rich in anti-oxidants which can encourage better brain health. This includes blueberries, cranberries and even salmon and seaweed, used in Oriental cooking.
- Salt Intake: Limit your salt intake but do not cut it out entirely. Ensure that you take NO MORE THAN A TEASPOON OF SALT A DAY. Try to avoid packaged food as it is high in salt content.
- Water: Stock up on water so that you get plenty of hydration and avoid needless snacking. Avoid sugary drinks and too much of caffeine.
- Count the calories you need: Do not simply needlessly cut down on calories, but rather calculate the number of calories you need to function on a normal basis. Then, build a diet chart around this and avoid empty calories like excessive sugary food.
- Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day which also fuels you into action and can potentially stop you from snacking and overeating.
- Slow: Eat slowly and have small and frequently meals for healthy eating.
Try these healthy eating tips to change your mind set towards food and nutrition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.