Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prema KoujaliYour feedback matters!
My ovulation day is 28 th day of LMP having period cycle 40 days 19th day after ovulation i observed low bleeding like 1 or 2 drops with back pains is this a period or implantiion bleeding yesterday i checked pregnency test it is negative.
My wife is pregnante and we had first baby 06 years back through operation. What are the chance of normal delivery if scar is 3 mm ?
I am trying for pregnancy after 2 miscarriages. My gums told to reduce weight before next Pregnancy. My height is 154 cm and weight is 73 kg .i cannot do brisk walking more tan 10-15 min I don't have any thyroid issues according to my lab reports. But weight is increasing. Is there Any other test to take why weight is gaining? Are there any tablets or medication that I can take to reduce my weight?
I want to postpone my mensuration because of religious function in our home its important so please suggest some medicine and is it healthy.
I am suffering from B12 deficiency. What actual amount of food should I have? Can you please suggest taking injection is better or taking tablets. Will this deficiency of B12 be effecting me on getting pregnant.
It's my 9th month of pregnancy going on. From yesterday night I got a fluid like starch from my vaginal. Is it makes any problem.
With changing life scenarios, parents do not have time to spend with their children. The grandparents often fill this gap now. They still have the time and patience to listen to what happened on a daily basis, and are not caught in the whirlwind of having a task list that never ends with the day.
In a way, grand children are very closely bound to their grandparents and are expected to take care of them, when required. In fact, stats show that about 80% of primary caregivers for people over age of 60 are grandchildren. Their average age is about 27(either gender). There are specific advantages of this care giving relationship for both the grandparent and the grandchild.
- There is no hurry: Most of us want a pair of ears to listen to what we have to say. Whether it is the exciting college trip you had or the office dinner you just returned from, we all want to share it. So, in this era where parents are not as available as they were earlier, grandparents fill the gap. They are not just eagerly waiting for you to return, but they seem to have the time to hear you out and feel happy (or sad) about it. This leaves one with a great feeling.
- Been there, done that: Though they have had a different lifestyle, they have “been there, done that,” perhaps in different ways. The definition of fun might have changed, but fun was always there. If you have the time, hear out their version of fun. You would be left thinking that you are not anywhere close to the fun they had.
- Life is the best teacher: The experiences they share will probably be some of life’s best lessons, which cannot be gathered by reading any number of books or TED talks.
- Safety: While there definitely are care giving or assisted living homes, having them at home and taking care of them provides the additional safety net. There are family people around, and if required, readily available.
- A helping hand: Caring for grandparents does not always relate to doing things for them, it is a mutual thing, and they feel equally good and happy that they are able to contribute in some small way in your daily life. You can always offer to help, but very often, their energy levels are quite high, unless they are ill, and they are so happy doing something for you.
- Strengthens the bond: Needless to say, spending time with a person makes the relationship strong and lasting. Grandparents assume a very special place, and caring for them leaves one with a very good and satisfied feeling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
What are the days in which sex will not lead to pregnancy? What are the safe days for sex without tension of pregnancy?
I am a 19 year old girl and I very often feel dizzy, weak and sluggish. My periods are highly irregular and I experience heavy bleeding. In the past I have been diagnosed with Anemia. I need to know what to do to improve my iron absorption.
I had taken mifegest six months ago. It was a success. Now again I have an unwanted pregnancy. Can I use it again? We are planning to have kids two or three years later. I'm 25 years old and my last period was on 4th October. Please suggest what should I do without causing any harm to my future fertility. Suggest me some medicines as soon as possible.
1. If a couple want child then what is the best time they should try morning/evening or what? 2. Does position matters? which position will help them? 3. Which day is best after female monthly cycle? 4. If enjaculation us done once at a time and process repeats many times many days. Can a female gets pregnent more then one time. If yes then how the couple may know to avoid enjaculation in?
Hi im 44 years old n due to my excess periods Dr. prescribed me regestrone 5mg tab for 21 days and k stat ET last years n now same problem arises n I took same tab since from 7 days I stopped taking k stat ET but now I just want to know that when shld I stp regestrone 5mg tab if I stp it now then it will show any withdrawal symptoms or not please help.
I am 21 years old. Me n my bf had indulged in oral sex last night he ejaculated and rubbed his penis and after 10 mins he inserted the same hand in my vagina n even tried to insert his penis after 10 mins of ejaculation (n I completed my periods 2 days before) .plz let know m I going to get pregnant. If yes than what should I do.
Hi, yesterday my period start. What time is best for pregnancy. Before my miscarriage in january. But all tests is normal like thyroid, sugar, hormones.
What causes infertility?
It is important to understand what fertility is for a person or couple to know when it is time to seek help. Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having regular unprotected sex for a period of 12 months or so. The complex process of ovulation and fertilization need to work right in order to become pregnant.
The common disorders that cause infertility in male and female are listed below:
Causes of male infertility
1. Abnormal sperm production
This can be due to various problems like undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, infections such as mumps, chronic urinary tract infection especially e. Coli or surgeries on the testicles. Enlarged veins in the testes increase blood flow and heat, affecting the number and shape of sperm.
2. Problems with delivery of sperm
This can happen due to sexual problems, such as premature ejaculation, retrograde ejaculation (semen entering bladder instead of emerging through the penis during orgasm), genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems such as blockage of the part of the testicle that contains sperm or injury to reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins
These can include radiation, pesticides, tobacco smoke, alcohol, marijuana and steroids. Frequent exposure to heat can also elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer
This includes radiation and chemotherapy. Cancer treatments can impair sperm production. Removal of one testicle due to cancer may also affect male fertility.
Causes of female infertility
1. Ovulation disorders
This prevents the ovaries from releasing eggs. Examples include hormonal disorder (PCOS, hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia), excessive exercise, eating disorders, injuries, cysts be it follicular or endometriotic and ovarian tumors.
2. Uterine abnormalities
This includes problems related to the opening of cervix or abnormalities in the shape of the uterus which includes arcuate or septate uterus or any congenital anomalies like bicornuate uterus or uterine didelphys. Fibroids may distort the uterine cavity interfering with implantation of fertilized egg. Adenomyosis or endometriosis of the endometrium is one the common causes of early infertility.
3. Fallopian tube damage
This usually results from infection of the fallopian tube by a pelvic inflammatory disease caused by sexually transmitted infection, endometriosis or adhesions.
4. Thyroid problems
Disorders of the thyroid gland, either too much thyroid hormone or too little can interrupt the menstrual cycle, leading to infertility in the long run.