Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prem KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 29/years old I have nose blocking problem inside the nose from past 10 years in same condition. Always makes hukkkns hunkkks sound to free breathing. Also yearly once cough will attack to me and it will clear after weeks only by taking medicines or syrup. Kindly tell me the problems of me.
I'm suffering from dermatitis dermatitis from 3 years. Any homeopathic medicine for this condition. Allopathic crem rough the skin tone. Especially in nose region and eyebrows. Please help.
I am suffering from extreme throat pain. It starts just before 12 hours and now it is in its maximum level. I am feeling very much pain while drinking hot water also. But I do not have any other problems like headache, fever, body pains and cold.
I'm having problem with my ear since two years it's coming for some time and stops without using any medicine and again after some months it again starts. The pain becomes more when I inhale hardly or while taking a yawn.
Sore Throat problem occurrence very frequent. What is dietary control to observe? Azywok 500 x3 days was prescribed by an doctor; if sore throat is controlled immediately when one tabletx500mg is consumed - Question: should I continue to take balance 2 tabs or no need and stop the balance tablets consuming?
I have allergy to blocked nose and runny nose very frequently for long time. Then I take some medicine like cetrizine then get relief some time again same problem. Please suggest permanent solution.
I am 33 years old and I am not able to breath properly, I am suffering from sinus problem, when I am sneezing I am continuously sneezing forte long time.
Sir, I am suffering with severe throat pain from last two days. As I found the cause is due to eating more sweet, I had swelling on my throat. Later got cough too So what suggestion you gonna give me sir?
I am 20 years old female. I have migraine since 3 years. What are the precautions to be taken to avoid the terrible headache without medication? I have sinus too.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.