Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti M GalagaliYour feedback matters!
My 1 year old is sick with a temperature of 80 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
Hi I am a mother of 15 days old newborn baby boy. I have poor lactation n formula feeding my son. Please help me out with this problem. I literally want to breastfeed my son n grow him healthy. I had him through c-section. Thank you.
Dear sir I have children of age 3 years & weight 10.5 kg. he was suffering from indigestion & acidity regularly. Also his stomach is seen large as normal & hunger is some extra but I consult some doctor he advised use live 52 continues but no improvement after usage 15 days. please advised some Ayurvedic & home remedy for this or which you suitable for best for him. Thanking you.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"
I have 9 month old baby boy. I want to remove the habit of breastfeeding within 1 week. What I do for this?
My daughter is 16 days old and she keeps her mouth open is this a sign of deficiency? After 2 days from discharge from hospital her bilirubin got increase upto 14. 7 due to which she was asked to admit for phototherapy now her bilirubin is 9.5 does this effect her growth? When to start with bottle feed her weight at the time of birth her was 2.8 kg she looks so weak how to make her health better? When to start with her bath and is it safe to clean tongue of such a small baby n if yes what's the procedure?
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
Hello Dr, am just wondering what type of solid food should I start off my 3 month old daughter with?
My child age 01 year and 09 months sex male got fever 100 F yesterday. The doctor gave him Augmentin Duo Syrup (Amoxicillin 200mg + Potassium Clavulate 34 mg) he has taken three doses of it. Today his fever has gone upto 104.5 F and not getting down even with Crocin Syrup 120 mg with dose of 5ml at 5 pm then at 10 pm. It lowered to 102F for half hour and again raised to 104. We are continuly doing sponging. Pl guide. We again consulted doctor in hospital and he advised oflox oz and brufin junior, feva go. We have administered one dose of brufin junior half hour ago but no benefit.
My 6 year old son was in high fever and has also developed nausea symptom. He was diagnosed for Acute Tonsillitis by pediatrician and suggested for "clamp Kid forte Dry syrup (Amoxicillin (400 mg) Clavulanic acid (57 mg) )" and Imol (Paracetamol brufen tab). Antibiotic dose is 5 ml 2 times where as imol is as required. After taking 3 dose of antibiotic he started Diarrhoea which is mild in nature. Do we need to give him another medicine to control that.
Hi doc, my baby is 3 and half month old. From last 3 days she is having dark green colour poo, only once in a day. She is on formula milk, as I don't have sufficient milk for her. Little worried about her, please advice. Thanks.
My 1.9 year daughter don't have control on potty and susu. She never tells before. we have told in a nice way many times but of no use. Please Help.
1. After 1st sitting is completed, temporary filling is given so be gentle in chewing from that side whithin that tooth as it is quite brittle.
2. You may eat when numbness worn off.(1.5-2 hrs)
3. After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, than you would be prescribed with reliving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
4. If your tooth was in pain prior to treatment, it may take few days for tooth to heal pain to be relived.
5. If your tooth was not in pain prior to treatment, your tooth may be quite sore for a few days after appointment, this soreness/pain will relieved with time, it may take as much as seven-ten days.
6. Take medicine on time complete the course, if you stop taking it your tooth may become infected.