Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi GowdaYour feedback matters!
8 ways 'all work and no play' messes up with your health!
Failure to strike a healthy work-life balance can see your health going on the downswing. Several studies have time and again highlighted the fact that working too much can be bad for you. The major factor that is at play when you work too much is stress, which negatively impacts both your mental and physical well-being. A joint study conducted by Stanford university and Harvard business school has revealed that workplace stress can ruin your physical health by as much as 90%.
Read on to find out the ill-effects of all work and no play.
1. Working overtime can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular problems by about 60%.
2. While working too much can see your risk of experiencing a heart attack rise by about 13%, over 55 hours of work time every week can increase your chances of getting a stroke by about 33%.
3. Consistently working overtime can lead you to face mental health problems.
4. Over-working can cause your learning ability and memory power to fail as you don't get the required amount of rest time.
5. Working for over 11 hours a day can increase your chances of suffering from depression.
6. Working for over 40 hours a week can increase your risk of gaining weight, and indulging in alcohol and tobacco abuse.
7. Working for over 50 hours a week can bring about a reduction in your sleep time to less than 6 hours a day, which can have an adverse impact on your work performance.
8. Working non-stop in front of the computer can cause you to become prone to headaches and blurred vision.
Here's how you can prevent the negative effects of working too much from impacting your health:
1. Take a short trip
Being physically away from your workplace and going on short vacations can help your health considerably as it reduces work-related stress to a great extent. It also helps in the rejuvenation of your mind and body, thereby improving your overall health.
2. Meditate for a calmer self
Meditation is another helpful way in which you can cut down the harm that too much work can have on your body. Spend a few moments each day to de-stress and calm your agitated mind.
3. Don't bring work home
Once you're at home, avoid the impulse of checking your phone or email for work. Furthermore, avoid bringing your smartphone with you to the dinner table and don't discuss work while eating.
4. Go for regular checkups
Visiting a doctor regularly is another preventive measure that you need to take very seriously. Screening tests for stroke, heart disease or high blood pressure should be undertaken from time to time so as to prevent yourself from falling prey to such problems.
Despite your heavy workload, you still need to take out time for yourself. It is imperative that you do so in order to create a better work-life balance and consequently, a healthier self.
I have doing sex a week ago. And I have doubt that my gfrnd get pregnant, so tell me what can we do, if there is any pill or tablet for that. Pls tell me m in problem.
I am 22 years old, have pcod. My regular cycle date was 18 sep 2016 ,that day I had intercourse. And it's 20th Sep do not have my periods. And the semen was slight inside rest outside, should I take ipill?
How can I calculate safe days fr sex? Is the method of subtracting 18 from shortest cycle and 11 from longest cycle valid? Can I follow this? My period is bit irregular. It varies between 22-26 days. Approx.
A day's diet plan should provide at least 25g to 40 g of fibre women need, slightly less fibre than men. For fibre to work well it needs water, so drink enough water. Fibre acts as a sponge and absorbs water and swells up in the gut and help to move food waste for elimination. Some types of fibre help maintain the good bacteria in the gut.
My girlfriend used unwanted 72 two weeks ago. Today, she tested pregnancy with prega news pregnancy test kit. It shows positive. Why? And what should I do now?
I have itching and white discharge problem from vagina. And it is very frequent problem and it remains for at least for 4-5 days. Kindly suggest.
I had sex with my Friend. Well not fully intercourse. According to me my penis even not entered in her vagina, but not sure. We haven't used any protection. Please guide me earliest symptoms of pregnancy. And how to avoid it at the earliest.
I am in a real fix. I had unprotected sex last month during my ovulation period in a calculated way and I was expecting to get pregnant. I have noticed changes in my breast in last few days. My breasts and nipples have enlarged and my nipples were hurting badly last few days. My periods was due on 8th of this month. However, yesterday suddenly I had spotting from today I am having heavy flow, could you please help me understand if this is normal periods or can be implementation bleeding. Can I do a blood test to check pregnancy.
Plum is my girl friend. She always had very healthy periods. But from last month she has missed her periods. We never had a proper sexual intercourse but yes we have enjoyed fingering and all. What are the chances of missed periods through pregnancy? Reply me asap.
Doctor Who 1 month pregnant is just not my baby to me or tell me some tablets, which you'll get trapped in the well please help me doctor डॉक्टर में अभी प्रेग्नेंट हु 1 महीना हुआ हे मुझे बेबी नही करना आप कुछ टेबलेट या कुछ बताओ जिसे म ठीक हो जाऊ
Are you overwight?
Do you have excess facial hair?
Are your menstrual cycles irregular?
Do you have pimples on your face?
Do you suffer from hairloss?
Do you have infertility problem?
Are you suffering from depression?
- If you have any or all of these symptoms you may be suffering from pcos or polycystic ovarian syndrome. Recent studies have revealed increasing incidence of pcos in almost 50% of females of reproductive age group. It is one of the leading and easily treatable causes of infertility. It also leads to diabetes and even depression.
- It occurs when the hormones in your body go haywire. Insulin resistance occurs leading to increase in blood sugar level. There is increase production of male hormones (androgen) in the female body. This leads to development of male characters like excess hair in beard and moustache areas and male pattern of baldness. There is also a outbreak of pimples
- For treatment of pcos the underlying cause has to be treated.
- You should first get fasting sugar and insulin level checked to find out the amount of insulin resistance and glucose intolerance. Ultrasound abdomen has to be done to rule out cysts in the ovaries. Thyroid function test and androgen levels are to be measured.
- If you are overweight reduce atleast 4 to 5 kg through rigorous diet and exercise. Eat healthy. Weight reduction can help in bringing your hormones to balanceavoid junk food. To correct sugar levels oral hypoglycemics like metformin are started. Oral contraceptives can be given to normalise menstrual cycle. Other newer drugs include alpha lipoic acid and myoinositol, the dose of which is adjusted according to your hormone levels and disease severity.
- This is often combined with treatment for pimples in the form of oral tablets, topical gels and chemical peels. Hair loss treatment can also be simultaneously started.
- Amazing results can be obtained if proper treatment is taken at the proper time.
- The need of the hour is understanding the underlying problem you have and getting prompt treatment for a healthier and happier you.
Pregnancy related It has been 15 days of Intercourse and I Had gave her a Pill too but she thinks her stomach is Increasing n Thinking that She is Gonna B pregnant so pls help what to do If she really is Pregnant n How can I Stop Kid.
Newly married and we don't want baby right now and someone suggest Yasmin tablet it is safe or not And also tell the dosage of tablet and how to take Nd when to take and also tell the side effect of it.
Mere wife ki pregnancy Rokna hai. Abhi wo 45 days se pregnant hai. Sex kiya tha 9 July 2016 tabse usko periods nhi aye. To hame ye bacha nhi chahiye. Hum kya Kare. Konsi medicine le.
I am having o+ve blood and my wife is having -be blood. I have a baby and I want to have another baby. Is it safe? Or is there any issue/risk. Actually I have read somewhere that the 2 baby haves the risk of losing its life. Actually I don't remember the term.
It is always advisable to practice safe physical intimacy, which helps avoid many complications including unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Talking of the latter, while some like herpes manifest shortly after contracting the disease, some may take months and years to show up and infections like chlamydia are extremely hard to detect.
So, if you think you could have contracted an STD from someone, be sure to watch out for the following signs and symptoms.
Vaginal or penile discharge: If you are experiencing anything unusual in terms of discharge (color, consistency, or odor change) from your genital organs after unprotected sex, it is always advisable to get it tested. The risk is higher if you are not sure of your partner’s history.
Vaginal or penile itching: This could again be one of the early signs of infection and therefore it will be good to get it checked.
Sores or lesions on the genitals: Whatever the size, shape or color, if you are seeing sores on the genitals, especially after doubtful sexual relations, visit your doctor and have a frank chat.
Vaginal bleeding: If there is abnormal bleeding which is not normal for you, it could be a warning sign of an STD and it is better to get it checked.
Painful sex: Again, if this is abnormal for you, it is time for a checkup. Note that this would usually be combined with one or more of the above symptoms and would not be the only issue you are having.
Testicular pain: Pain in the testicles which is not normal for you could be another indication of an STD. This would not be the only symptom and would be accompanied by other symptoms mentioned above.
Pain in the lower abdomen: Most STDs in men and women also have lower abdominal pain, in the pelvic/scrotal area.
History: If your partner has had a history of STDs in the last one year, then the risk of you developing an STD is quite high. In such cases, it is always advisable to get it tested. This will help clear your doubt plus control the disease at an early stage.
Inability to conceive: Some STDs can cause infertility and so inability to conceive may require ruling out STDs
Manifestation of symptoms: For more severe conditions like HIV, the symptoms manifest after a long time and include general symptoms of immuno suppression like fatigue, tiredness and slowly develop specific symptoms like oral candidiasis and other infections.
When in doubt, do not hesitate to get yourself or your partner tested. There is no reason for embarrassment and avoiding tests in the early days can prove very dear if the disease progresses to advanced stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
- On diwali, by taking few prevention you can enjoy a safe festival.
- Avoid bright sparkling fire cracker.
- Maintain proper distance when lighten the crackers.
- Don't ever touch the cracker when you see a sparking in it.
- If something unusual happened or even minor burn just immediately consult a doctor.