Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi GowdaYour feedback matters!
I want to delay my periods as I am going for trip. Last month month I had my periods on 1 june. It comes 2 or 3 days early next month so I am supposed to have my periods on 29. I want to delay them for 5 days. Please suggest me medicine which I can take. My periods late for 5 days only and I have normal regular periods. Please advise.
My Aunt works all the day and if it were possible to work all the night, she would definitely do that as she doesn't like to take rest from work. She doesn't listen anybody regarding this. As it is necessary to keep her healthy, especially her bones needed to remain stronger, so please tell me how can she maintain her health well. Although she doesn't think about her health, but we need to take steps as per your suggestion.
Hi doctors. I'm 21years old female. My last period was on 28th January but till today I have not. I made home preg test result came positive so yesterday I went to doctor suggested me blood test and scanning. In scanning told tat yolk sac present, single intrauterine gestation with gestational sac corresponding to 6 weeks. and advice follow up scan for fetal viability. Now my question is I'm in close to 7th week, then why still heart beat has not started still? Why it has been delayed? I'm scared please suggest me wat should I do to take care of my baby to grow healthy Doctor told to come after 2 weeks for scan so that heart beat will develop.
Is it possible to be 9 weeks pregnant but still get negative urine pregnancy test results repeatedly multiple times? (tested every week for the past nine weeks starting from the date of last missed period. Negative result every time).
I am 15th week pregnant. Is it safe to sex during pregnancy what are the benefits of that? I am afraid it might effect the baby.
There are many things we do in our daily routine that can have various repercussions. The state of our skin is one of these. Starting from what we eat to how we shower and what kind of a skin care regimen we follow, there are a variety of factors that can affect the way our skin behaves. So are you showering the right way? Find out the best way to shower if you want healthy and glowing skin that retains its elasticity for a longer time.
- Turn it to Cold: Did you know that standing under hot water for too long can actually rob your skin of its moisture and make it look shrivelled? That’s right, the temperature of the water can actually make your skin good or bad. So turn the knob for a cold shower and enjoy an energetic shower, which will leave your skin looking dewy fresh. The water should not be completely cold, as harsh temperatures can have the same effect as extremely hot water. Instead, make sure that you find the perfect room temperature or luke warm setting with which you can shower every day.
- Showerhead: This may come as a surprise to you. Your showerhead actually determines the health of your skin. This showerhead is usually packed with dirt and grime that we know nothing about. Showering with this dirty showerhead can actually lead to a host of health issues in the long run including a slowdown of your immune system, as per the views of many doctors. So unscrew the showerhead and give it a good rinse in a mug of hot water. Use a toothbrush to easily dislodge the loose dirt and the grime that may have settled in layers. Take special care of the tiny jets, which should not get damaged in your cleaning spree!
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Remember to lather your locks in the right way by diluting the shampoo a little before spreading it evenly over the rest of your scalp. You should also do the same for your conditioner and let it stand for a few minutes before you wash it off.
- Exfoliation: Keep this activity to a minimum to avoid excessive abrasion of the skin. Use soft foam on a daily basis and keep the exfoliation to a minimum with one or two sessions a week.
- Cleansing: While the bar soap is the cleanest option, the loofah is not. So, if you are using a loofah on a daily basis, you will have to clean it up properly before you hang it to dry. Also, ensure that your bathroom has plenty of ventilation so that it may dry properly before your next use.
I am 3 months pregnant and my first trimester is completed now slowly I am going to enter in 2 trimester. I was eating only two tablets yet as per doctor suggestion becoz I am having yellow discharge. Which is still not going is it ok for me or it may cause any problem for me. everyday I saw it. I am eating medicine daily but there is no change I had taken a course of 6 injection. Maintain 500. My tablet is folic acid and progesterone sustained release. I will eat them for 15 days more becoz doctor said to me. Plaese advice me I am going to right path or not.
I am 30yrs old.My H.PYLORI TEST IS +VE, for which i took pylori kit for ten days.Still im feeling giddiness,trembling in body,headache n sometimes mild stomach ache.Please advice what should i do next?
I got my tummy after delivery and also I gained some weight and my breasts are also sagging. Is there any way that i can reduce my tummy and get back to normal?
Me and my gf we had unprotected sex on 24th December night, and she took i-pill the next day in the evening. She did not get her periods so far, and today she has only been having spotting, which happens as a sign of pregnancy. Is it possible to get pregnant even after taking the pill? And if she is infact pregnant what can ee do to avoid the pregnancy?
Can you suggest a contraceptive with no side effects ? We don't want to have a kid but don't like using condoms also. No side effects at all. Don't recommend a surgery. Natural medicines would be nice to know. Thank you.
What do I do if I am sexually active and have missed my periods?
When you miss your periods and are sexually active, the first thought that comes to mind is that of a pregnancy. A simple pregnancy test should be done with the help of commercially available test strips. One simply needs to add three drops of urine in the well provided on the kit. A single line means there is no detectable pregnancy as yet and two lines means that you are pregnant. At times one line is faint and the other dark. In such a situation, it is best to get in touch with your doctor to decide the best option available to you.
It is advisable to check the expiry date of the strip before use and to preferably use the first urine in the morning as it is the most concentrated urine sample of the day. If you are unable to do the test early morning then any urine sample would do but if the test is negative, please make sure that you repeat the test after 24-28 hours.
If you are very stressed about the reliability of the pregnancy kit, you can go for a blood test for pregnancy which is 100 percent accurate and also tells us about the approximate time ultrasound scan should be performed to check the baby's position in the uterus.
There could be many other reasons for missing the periods besides pregnancy and these are PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), use of an emergency contraceptive pill (like I-pill), ovarian cyst, stress, extensive travelling, medical diseases like tuberculosis and hormonal imbalances specially of thyroid to name a few.
Whatever be the reason for missed and overdue periods, one should still rule out pregnancy as you could still be pregnant even with all the above mentioned conditions.
Every woman should know how to keep a period calendar so that she knows when her cycle has gone overdue. Many a times it is a false alarm and the periods are actually on time.