Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preethi Gowda
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi GowdaYour feedback matters!
My monthly period delay almost 6-8 days, last month its on 16th Dec now its not happen. What will be the reason or what i can do for that?
I am having pcos. I am not getting periods regularly and I have some dark hair on face means little hirsutism. My height is abt 5'4 and weight is abt 50 or 51. I also want to gain weight. Give me some tips ant nutritional and for coming out of hirsutism. Please give me some tips what should I take in breakfast, lunch and in dinner and I can gain some weight.
Hi, my age is 22. I married in December. Since then my period is irregular. Sometime it takes more than 2 months to come. I am also planning a baby since last seven months. But not able to conceive yet. I consult with a doctor three times. Every time she advised me regestrone pills. After taking pills my period comes within 10 days. But with out pills my period takes 2.5 months. Dr. Also suggested me to lose weight. Due to this I am very depressed. Please advice.
I try positive pregnancy 3 months but till negative result and recently 4 months complete my miscarriage.
Respected Dr. My wife suffering from Cystitis. We Got married 3 months back. Drs diagnose it as honeymoon cystitis. Going on under antibiotic treatment. Need your valuable opinion doctor.
Vaser liposuction is a superior sculpting procedure that can significantly eradicate fat, unify the underlying muscle and improve muscle proportion. It is a revolutionary process that can target a specific segment of fat, eliminate it successfully from the body and redefine the shape of the body. Some of the areas where 4D body sculpting or Vaser lipo is extremely effective includes the abdomen, chest, upper legs, upper arm, buttocks and the back area.
Who is an ideal candidate?
4D liposuction can be performed on any individual who is ready to undergo it and has a positive frame of mind towards body shape. It aims to remove fat pockets on a specific portion of the body as mentioned earlier.
Some of the other considerations that should be factored in while undergoing this procedure include the following:
- Young age - People within the age bracket of 20-35 tend to heal quickly compared to higher age groups. Since the skin adapts more favourably towards this age segment, it makes sense to undergo 4D body sculpting at an earlier age.
- Good health - An overall good health index significantly increases the chances of a successful procedure. This essentially means a person who has not undergone any major procedure in the recent past, has no history of heart or blood pressure related disorders.
- No underlying disease - A person going through any major diseases should not sign up for procedures such as these, as they can seriously undermine the overall health. A prior consultation with a medical practitioner is necessary in such as case.
- Lifestyle changes - Vaser lipo or 4D body sculpting requires a person to undergo minor lifestyle changes such as timely eating, eating in small portions, refraining from alcohol, drug abuse, smoking, ready to spend at least 15-20 minutes every day working out etc.
How is the procedure performed?
This procedure requires an anaesthetist to administer local anaesthesia so that the surgical site could be numbed. This ensures that no pain or uncomfortable feeling is felt while the procedure is underway. The doctors then use a marker to mark the fat pockets in the body. This is followed by the use of ultrasonic sound to make the fat cells go loose and ensure that the fat cells reduce their adhesion. This is achieved by inserting a small incision, which is no more than 2-4 mm. This technique ensures zero to no damage to the surrounding tissues. The underlying fat deposits are carefully removed, keeping in mind the body posture and naturals contours. The best part of this type of surgery is the fact that it does not leave any mark in the body. After a week or two, it is difficult to spot the incision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
My wife is pregnant of 3 months. Her blood group is o-ve & mine is o+ve. At what time ICT test should be done.
Hi, My wife is getting white bleeding sometimes and before date with that any problem will be there.
Meri wife ka delivery ke liye operation hua 30 June ko. Delivery thik thak rahi. Dr. Ne taanke kaat k, ghaw sukhne ka dawa dekar discharge ker diya. But aaj subah se us me se puss nikal raha h yellow color ka. So please suggest. Kya Koi infection hua h usme.
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS is a common phenomenon that happens to over 75% of menstruating women. It refers to a set of symptoms that a woman experiences 7 to 10 days within the onset of her monthly period. The symptoms often cause great discomfort to the woman, but disappear soon after the period gets over.
The symptoms include muscle cramps, headache, body ache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, mood swings and a lot more. This is not a pathogen related disease. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance before the start of menses in women. The level of female hormones i.e. estrogen and progesterone fluctuate inside a woman’s body prior to the menses. They are believed to have an impact on certain chemicals released by the brain. Therefore, women experience these symptoms during this time of their monthly cycle.
You don’t need to depend on strict medication to get rid of these symptoms. They can vanish if you make some changes in your lifestyle.
Here are some natural ways to get rid of these symptoms:
- Check your diet: In order to enjoy a healthy period, you need to avoid certain food items. Trans fats and hydrogenated fats can increase these symptoms. Cut down on the sugar content of your meal as high sugar level can give birth to some of these symptoms like mood swings, headache, nausea, etc. It is also important to check the water content in your body. It is advisable to avoid salt as too much water retention can be bad. Too much consumption of caffeine can cause depression and anxiety.
- Go for a holistic and balanced diet: Women must include sufficient amounts of minerals and vitamins in their diet to avoid PMS. Try eating foods that are rich in magnesium such as bananas and leafy green vegetables. Also consume Vitamin A rich foods, mainly yellow and orange vegetables.
- Take up some light exercises: Light aerobic exercises may help you in getting some relief from bloated stomach and pain. But, don’t exert yourself in doing stressful exercises.
- Try some heat: Applying a heat pad can provide relief from muscle cramps and abdominal pain. Heat dilates the blood vessels and improves flow of blood through them. This provides relief from any sort of pain.
- Drink right: It is true that too much retention of water in the body can worsen PMS. But it is advisable that you drink sufficient amount of water during the periods or before it starts. As experts say, water itself can hinder water retention in your body. Besides water, go for herbal drinks like a cup of hot ginger tea. Some herbal drinks can work wonders in preventing PMS.
- Sleep well: Adequate night sleep is a must for menstruating women.
- Oil message: Use lavender oil and cypress oil to avoid muscle cramps and tension.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!