Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen RathodYour feedback matters!
My wife had a miss carriage 3 months ago, this month her period is brown colour and very low blood flow with a small lump one day and duration is only 3 days. Now she is feeling very week.
My mother will get severe burning pain in her hand during night time. This pain will remains up to 20-30 minutes later it will be normal. Her age is 45. Please suggest what are the symptoms and causes for this. I request you to suggest precaution or any medication for this. Thanks in advance.
I am 27 years old. My son is in the end of the 7th month now. He usually sucks milk only from right breast not at all on my left. So milk production is very less at my left side. Now I am not feeding On from my left, I feed only on the right side. Will this create any health issues to me? What I have to do now?
Hi I just want to know I am married past 3 n half years and we are trying for a baby past 2 years but my wife is not conceiving our report are normal only my wife has thyroid issue its 6.1 she is taking tablet for that when we can try for baby?
Me and my gf had sex continuously 4 days after having sex she took I pill for 4 days also but then too she is scared about pregnancy will it I pill works or it cause any side effect to her. Pls help me from this confusion.
I am 20 years old. And my period started when I was 14 years old. But from the time it started, it happens after 40 42 days interval. So is it normal?
I'm 21 years old and i've got irregular periods for the past 5 years. I scared to take medicines because of side effects. Can you help me out?
I have a constant weight from last 7 years that is 37 kg, and I also suffering from mensuration irregularities, I was take treatment of it from regional hospital, consulting gynecologist doctor, but still my this problem occur again after sometimes of being regular periods.
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.
I'm a virgin and girlfriend is also a virgin we both are planning to have sex since we are dating from a long time. How should we go about? Should I use condoms or contraceptive pills? When is the best time to have unprotected sex after her periods or before?
Hello I am 34 years old and 8 months pregnant I want to ask that till now I havn't form the breast milk what is the reason Behind this. This is my third issue.
The benefits of honey go beyond its great taste. A great natural source of carbohydrates which provide strength and energy to our bodies, honey is known for its effectiveness in instantly boosting the performance, endurance and reduce muscle fatigue of athletes. Its natural sugars play an important role in preventing fatigue during exercise. The glucose in honey is absorbed by the body quickly and gives an immediate energy boost, while the fructose is absorbed more slowly providing sustained energy. It is known that honey has also been found to keep levels of blood sugar fairly constant compared to other types of sugar. So, to experience these health benefits of honey, here are a few tips for you:
1. Next time before you go for a workout, take a spoon of honey to enable you to go for the extra mile.
2. If you are feeling low and lethargic in the morning, instead of reaching out for a can of carbonated energy drink, try honey. Spread it on hot toast or replace the sugar in your tea with it for a refreshing surge of energy.
Health benefits of honey image3. If your kids are finding hard to cope with the physical strain from the buzzing activities at school, prepare them a honey drink, some sandwiches with honey, butter and ham to make sure they have enough energy to sustain through the day. And for optimal sleep and recovery cycle at night, give your child a spoonful of honey before sleep on a daily basis.
Immunity system builder
Amongst the many health benefits of honey, what is most impressive to me is that honey can be a powerful immune system booster. It's antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve digestive system and help you stay healthy and fight disease. Start every brand new day with this cleansing tonic if you want to see this health benefit of honey: before breakfast, mix a spoonful of honey and lemon juice from half a lemon into a cup of warm water and drink it.
Honey is anti-cancer!
Can honey help fight cancer? what many people don't think enough of or have overlooked is - honey possesses carcinogen-preventing and anti-tumour properties! there are now more and more studies pointing to the potential role of honey in the prevention and the progression of tumor and cancer. More in: can honey fight cancer? and honey is anti-cancer