Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen R MurthyYour feedback matters!
Hello, recent times I am feeling someone holding me at night while sleeping, I was unable to open my eyes and can't do anything.
I cant sleep on night at time please what should I do. I think my eyes got weaker. Suggest me multivitamin for eyes.
I have read eyes last two days. What procedure I use. Which medicine I use. Pl suggest sir I am waiting for your replay.
Today morning I noticed a blood cot in my eyes. First time it happened to me. Even have never had eye conjunctivitis. Please tell me should I do.
I have my eyes reddish always when I rub my eyes. I have taken so many precautions but there is no effect .What should I do?
I have pain in my head on one side and also there is itching in my eyes and becomes red eyes. What to do doc?
I am 23 yr boy, I had. Habits of using. Laptop. I had vision eye. To maintain that what I have to do.
I am 60 yrs. Old and suffering from sticky watery eyes in the morning & cannot bear directsunlight as water comes out of my eyes. I have iol implanted in my eyes.
I'm 20 yrs old. Day before yesterday I just got punched on my face and instantly I found that there was a blood clot on my right eye. And usually I wear contact lenses which I lost from right eye instantly. But I'm not feeling any pain nor any distorted vision. So you give me some remedies for the blood clot on the eye.
Sir mujhe apne aankho me pain hone lgta hain jb v main kisi ek hi jgah dekhte rhta hoon. To main iske liye kya precautions Kr skta hoon.
I have black shade s in eye and it is becoming more day by day what shall I do? pls give suggestion.
Sir, I have minor troubles in my eye. When I seen, then I saw something like as black spot. What's it's treatment.
I am 28 years old. I am experiencing stressed whenever talking to people and like to avoid conversation. I feel very pain in my eyes and some time experience headache too. This was happening since last three months when I was giving introduction in front of people at my office and I feel nervous and insulted.
Hello sir/madam. my age is 59, I used to get a headache in my left forehead just above the eye and whenever I get it, the pain (sharp pain like stabbing with a knife) leads to straight backside of my head (straight backside to my left eye) and have an ache in forehead and back head, and nerve getting bulge in the rightside forehead (starts from my right eye to ear), which leads to improper vision in the right eye. Thank you.
I have eye disease I cannot see for long distance its from my childhood and now I am 18 I am thinking for lasik treatment. Am I thinking right around what cost it would be for operation and will my eyes will be normal after this plzzz hellp?
I am 21 years old male I have red eyes in two three days. What should I do for my eyes. Pls give me solution.
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.