Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 20 years old. I have been suffering from back pain for about 1 year. There is a small node on the left side of my lower back. It can't be seen but it can be felt.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopaedist.
I am a 25 year old male and have backache for the past two month. I have used pain relief ointment for a couple of days but it hasn't worked. What should I do now?
I am 24 and 2 months back I give birth to baby after delivery I am suffering from to much of spinal card tip it means I cont sit continue 15 minutes after that I cont stretch my leg while sitting to much pain in tip of spinal cord even feeling very tired also please suggest me sum tips.
I have an pain in my left hand from tw o months. I have shown it to a doctor. He told me that some nerve has been tampered. N gave me some medicines. Bt pain is still there. What should I do. Pain in in my left hand wrist n palm n all fingers. Reply plz.
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now? please help me.
She met with an accident and got injured in leg. 1 years left but she still have swelling n pain.Please tell.
Hi doctor I'm 24 years from 6 months m having knee pain, if I sit I can't get up soon and if I stretch also it pains a lot ,I had consult the doctor he gave some calcium tabs n capsules but it din cure. Thank you.
HI Sir, I feel I am really tired after doing normal works like travelling in metro standing 1 hour. Immediately my body and spl knee got pain and after morning I'm suffering from fever basically I want to improve my body stamina what can I do. By profession I'm a software Engineer so I have do not any physical work please suggest me.
4 ways to put off joint replacement
Tip #1: Lose weight: For every extra pound you carry, you put about three pounds of additional pressure on your knees and multiply the pressure on your hips by six. If you have arthritis, losing just 15 pounds can cut your knee pain in half.
Tip #2: Take care when using your joints: Poor posture and using the wrong techniques during your daily activities add more stress to damaged joints. By standing up straight instead of slouching, you can protect the joints in your neck, hips, and knees. Also use the proper technique when lifting or carrying anything heavy. If any activity hurts, stop doing it right away.
Tip #3: Try nonsurgical approaches before turning to surgery: Treatment with steroids is one approach. Benefits can last anywhere from four to six months. However, this doesn't work for everyone. Visco supplementation involves injecting a lubricating fluid into damaged knee joints to treat osteoarthritis
Tip #4: Get pain relief: Instead of heading straight to your doctor to treat sore joints, try taking an over-the-counter pain reliever. Take them for the shortest possible time to relieve your discomfort. There is also some evidence that the dietary supplement glucosamine chondroitin can lead to subtle improvements in arthritis pain.