Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
I always feel dizzy and tiredness knee pain totally confused please help me to rid of these im having suicide mind.
I am 54 years old, I am a diabetic patient, I have lumps in both the arms and I am finding very difficult to raise my hands. Is there any treatment so that the lumps melts and free me from this pain. The shoulders also pains very badly. Kindly suggest.
I am having pain in my shoulder and feeling some sort of depression and my heart beats more than the normal.
I am suffering from high uric acid level. That's why there is swelling in the thumb of the left foot which causes pain. What is the cure for this problem?
Shoulder pain while throwing cricket ball. Past 4 days I am taking physiotherapy but not finding effective.
I am suffering from cough and swelling in my neck and its pain when I am eating and drinking any things. I always suffered with cold when atmosphere Chang. Tell me solution.
I have knock knee problem. Is there any exercise to correct my knees? Because it would be difficult for me to pass any govt medical test. Please do reply.
I have been having knee pain for a long time since I have been exercising . Both the knees doesn't seem equal. Kindly suggest cure for this .
My grandson aged 37 is diagnosed suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis. Looking for Ayurvedic remedy. Please help.
Sir, their is a continuous cracking sound coming out from my right elbow while moving it in a particular way. But it is absolutely pain free. I would like to ask you what must be the causes of these sounds. And the sound is like rhymed tic collision between bones or tendon.
I have cervical pain in my left shoulder and left neck. It is till 4 years. I have tried many medicines but it still continues. I also tried some physical therapy which relief my pain for some days. But after some times it comes back.
Is there any medicine available for seronegative spondyloarthopathy or popularly ankolysing spondylytis?
My wife is suffering from feet swelling. Bi monthly they are swelling. S. Creatinine is 1.00. What is the remedy.
I am 18 years old I have leg pain all time I take pain relief medicine but after 15 or 20 min it's pain again So what should I do to finish my leg pain.
My left leg is paining continuously below knee. What reason may behind this. I feel this is due to the jumping and long drive by the foot isn't it right?
I'm. 45. Yrs female, suffering with acute arthritis pain for last year. Now swelling in both feet with pain below the knee. I'm a teacher so DAILY 5 to 6 hr standing job. BP NORMAL, NO diabetic, WEIGHT 54 KG. LAST YEAR I CONSULT DOCTOR, THERE WAS SOME RELIEF. BUT WITH CHANGE OF Climate. Please advice me how and where I should consult.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.