Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen MathewYour feedback matters!
I am 28 Male I have Gas/Acidity problem from last few month due to this has pain in legs and back please suggest.
From about a month I am having discontinuous pain in right lower side near appendix, it is mild pain. I do not show any symptoms of appendicitis. From about a year I am suffering from poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Please tell from what I am suffering from and medications to be used for it. Thank you.
Gastroenteritis, also commonly referred to as infectious diarrhoea, is a gastric disorder. The gastrointestinal tract, which comprises of the small intestine and stomach gets inflamed. Gastroenteritis is indicated by the symptoms such as diarrhea, acute vomiting and pain in the abdomen. Fever, exhaustion and dehydration are also observed. This disease usually lasts not more than two weeks. It is also called the stomach flu. Infections caused by virus, bacteria, parasites or fungi may lead to gastroenteritis. Viruses account for this disease the most. This disease is transmitted mainly from food items and contaminated water. Important electrolytes like sodium and potassium are lost from our body.
The most common remedy in case of gastroenteritis is having ORS. However, homeopathy is also considered very effective if you have got infectious diarrhoea. Homeopathic medicines are considered very safe and result yielding in case of gastroenteritis. Homeopathy is a form of medicine, which is always given preference by all experts, as it is natural with no side effects. After conducting various surveys, it has been proven that homeopathic treatment is far more effective than other forms of medication for gastroenteritis.
Here is a list of the best homeopathic remedies for the treatment of gastroenteritis. There are many categories of homeopathic medicines for diarrhoea each with their own significance.
- Aconite: This must be used for diarrhea caused in the season when the days are hot, and the nights are comparatively cold. The symptoms appear in the middle of the night. Heavy diarrhoea along with high-intensity fever occurs and anxiety.
- Aloe: This remedy should be used in case of a continuing urge for stool because of the weakness of the anal sphincter. Mucus is accompanied along with pain in the rectum area. In case of adults, this diarrhoea is also characterized by blue hemorrhoids.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is used in case of food poisoning. The affected person feels cold, tired and panicky. Vomiting and diarrhoea take place after midnight. Burning pain in the abdomen is also observed.
- Cinchona: Used in case of diarrhoea with the presence of excessive exhaustion and abdomen gas. The abdomen gets bloated up.
- Ipeca: When there is nausea and non stop vomiting or your mouth gets filled with saliva, Ipeca can be used. Thirst is lost, and the color of the stool may be green or bloody.
- Podophyllum: This medicine is usually used by tourists in case of diarrhoea. Abdominal vibration and frequent stools are indicated. The stool is characterized by an unpleasant smell.
- Merc.sol- Diarrhoea with much tenesmus before and after stool, also with large thirst. Pulsatilla-diarrhoea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach. Arsenicum album incase of food poisoning. Incase of taking fish or oyster or eating decayed food if diarrhea occurs then arsenic is the Medicine that works.
- Pulsatilla- Diarrhoea after taking rich-fatty food, pain in whole abdomen with heaviness in stomach.
- Arsenic - Incase of taking fish or oyster or eating decayed food if diarrhea occurs then arsenic is the Medicine that works.
- Nitric Acid- Summer diarrhoea mostly with burning in anus long-lasting after stool.
Other medicines can also be prescribed according to the symptom similarity. So, it is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath to treat your problem.
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.