Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar VsmYour feedback matters!
Is banana shake good for health? Actually I heard the mixture of banana and milk is hard to digest and these two meal is incomparable?
I am suffering from gas problem. Bloating and constipation. And headache from gas. Can I take baking soda with water. Is there any side effect of baking soda.
My son is one month old ,he always pass gas and it seems he is having pain while passing stool. Can I start giving him gripe water? But some doctor suggested me tht I shld start giving him gripe water only in severe condition or after 6 months.
What is the treatment of acute pancreatitis? How fair its prognosis? How much time the treatment takes to cure?
Hi sir I have been suffering from fever from last 4 days. My potty is not clear and even also suffering from gas trouble. I can not bath in the because because I got cold and again symptoms of fever started. Last night I have eaten 2 big big banana due to which I am getting problem in my stomach. And my urine colour is yellow also. My potty colour is little bit yellow. And I am having problem of loose motion also. And I am having little headache problem also. When I came from exam my head start paining. It stops when I listen song with headphone in full volume.
I am 30+, few years back flaura and fauna in my intestine was disturbed and I had lot of stomach issues and got irritable bowel syndrome. Done lot of testing - ultrasound, stool etc. No issue is noticed in any testing. Now - what I noticed is my stool diameter is hardly 1 cm normally. But whenever I take any anti biotics for any reason (eg-throat issue) the stool/bowel width increases to 2 cm or more. If there a issue here I need to worry and if so how to proceed?
I had serious anxiety issue when my wife diagnosed with breast cancer in oct 2014. One psychiatrist prescribed lexipra 10 mg morning and night. Within 2 months I was ok and stopped it. But still I used to get anxiety issue at times. Recently I had a health issue which given me lot of anxiety for 15 days and next report cleared the doubt. But the anxiety issue still there and started taking lexipra 10 at night for last 3 days. I didn't consult a doctor. Can I continue for 2 months. My problem is that I get restless and worry and some kind of fear. Not getting good sleep not feel liking to going out and avoid people. Kindly give me a sound advice.
I use to suffer from stomach related problems like gas, constipation etc. Nowadays when I face difficulty to release stool or suffer from gas, I feel panic with faster heart beat. I can not chew properly at that time and I also feel that local anesthesia is given to my mouth. After releasing stool, I feel better. I wold like to mention that I frequently suffer from stomach disorders. Pls advice why it is happening to me and what I have to do.
After taking breakfast I drink milk but there is creating gas in my abdomen. What might be the reason? Pls help.
I suffer from severe headache at regular intervals at that time I feel uneasy and digestive problems and sometimes loose motion.
I am 27 year old male. I am noticing some white fluid with urine, also I have symptoms of IBS. I also have premature ejaculation problem. My sexual need is also diminishing, don't know either I feel ashamed due to P.E or some other health issue. Don't know what to do, please suggest.
Curd is a staple in every household in India; whether it is served with piping hot parathas or by itself after a meal. The simple food item is packed with a number of nutrients and helps in increasing the health benefits in your body.
Here are a few reasons why you should be eating curd, almost every day:
- Probiotics help in digestion: Curd, being rich in probiotics (good bacteria), improves digestion as it kills all the harmful bacteria in the digestive tract and aids the proliferation of good bacteria. Probiotics also help in the prevention of various digestive issues such as cramps, bloating and abdominal pain caused due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Promotes weight loss around the belly: A hormone called cortisol, also called the ‘stress hormone’ persuades the fat cells to produce more fat around your belly area. Consuming a cup of curd daily increases the amount of calcium in your body which limits the release of cortisol, thus, helping you lose weight. Curd also retains one-third of lean muscle mass which helps you maintain your physique post those dropped kilos for a longer time.
- Curd strengthens your immunity system: A cup of curd is loaded with good bacteria which is essential for fighting off germs, thereby making your immune system stronger and more persistent. Making curd a part of your daily diet is a great idea as it is effective in preventing yeast infections around the vaginal area.
- Toughens up your skeletal system: Like all dairy products, curd is rich in calcium which is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Apart from calcium, curd is rich in phosphorous and together, they quicken the bone growth process and helps in preventing arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Helps in improving cardiovascular health: Eating curd helps in improving cardiovascular health as it discourages the spread of cholesterol around the arterial area, thus, reducing the risks of a coronary disease. Curd reduces hypertension which is a pre-cursor to most heart ailments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.