Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar. SYour feedback matters!
Having problems with her unconscious while having work load or if she heard death new of any person or have seen accident for that time she is facing problem with unconscious (behosh) nd both upper nd lower tooth fully stick like can't be open mouth for some tym.
I am 42 yrs old I got tremors in my both hand when I have a feeling of anxiety fear etc I cant hold newspaper please help.
My father is suffering from Parkinson's disease from last 4 years is there any permanent cure for this disease his right hand and right leg shaking too much please guide me.
I have a problem on insomnia. I get a very weak sleep. A pin drop noise wakens me up. I sleep for hardly 2 hours a day. I tried counting backwards. But I could count from 10000 and reach 0 but didn't sleep. I tried many suggestions from peers to tire my mind but thoughts don't stop. And I am always conscious, anxious about getting things done in time and incidences don't leave my memory. Please suggest me a way to overcome this. Its getting over my mind. And I am growing less capable intellectually day by day.
My uncle is suffering from brain TB from 24th dec 2014 today he is well but he cannot speak properly and he is not able to stand also. So how long it take to recover from this disease.
My sister was. Accident in bike. She had head injury two cracked in brain little brain was cracked. Doctor said that she had critical to operate. What will do. Pls give me suggestion.
Meri wife ke sir me hamesha dard bana rahata hai checkup se migrain ka proble bataye treatment bhi karwaya but thik nahi ho raha hai kya kare bataiye.
When my mom was young at the age of 20 she had an accident and had a brain surgery. And now she is 47 years old and she is suffering from memory loss and When she looses her memory she talks something senseless which does not have any link with our personal life. Please doctor help us is it urgent to admit her ?
Migraine since 12 years has been consulting allopathy doctors all these years. Took the prescribed medication but all those pills relieved pain for a short time.
Hello Doctor, I have a trigimal neuralgia in my right side of forehead near eye from last 3 years. Very sharp shooting electric pain to touch the eyes or effected area of face. Generally it started in between sept to March. On winter season. Please suggest any permanent solution for this. Thanks & Regards
I am 24 years old female, I ahve a migraine, I am suffering with this since 4 years, I have to use those types of medicines but no use, so can you please tel me the correct solution.
Sleep apnea. Doctor said to go for surgery for nose, tongue and uvula. Is it necessary to go for surgery ?
Respected doctors, I suffered on knee joint pain during waking use stair even wrest paid also and after that I am suffering on cerebral on last february 15 medicine continuing but I feel my both legs are very weight full and waking very slow than before. Let me know how to over come this type of disease.
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
L have a lil migraine problem from last two years. And I often face problems during study. Please suggest me what should I do to relieve form this problem.
Sir, I have problem in ear, sounds sometimes go blocked. I had 7th nerve palsy 3 times in 4 years. This time i am also recovering. My muscles remained in spasm and palsy on my right side of face recovered. Same was on left side of face, my muscles went into heavy spasm. From, past 11 years , i am getting some salty substances in my mouth, and ear is paining now continuously from last 1 and a half year.Nobody is helping me. I performed MRi brain, ncv, spect perfussion. It was k..plz help me foe performing certain tests, as it is happening again and again,,,and i am sure it has some cause unlike bells palsy.
A fifty-four years old Marwari patient from Assam presented with progressive jaundice and intermittent episodes of abdominal pain for three months. CT scan of abdomen showed a small (1.5 x 1.5 cm) mass in the bifurcation of common bile duct which is causing biliary tract obstruction and hence jaundice. Portal nodes were not enlarged and there was no lesion in the liver parenchyma. At presentation, serum bilirubin level was high (14.7 mg/dl). Endoscopic biopsy and brushing cytology was adenocarcinoma and clinic-radiological diagnosis was ‘Klatskin tumour’.
- Metallic stenting was done to relieve jaundice and after stenting serum bilirubin level came down rapidly. PET scan showed increased uptake in the biliary duct region mass without any sign of metastasis. He was evaluated and planned for treatment with robotic radiosurgery. He was treated using robotic radiosurgery (CyberKnife) with high precision radiotherapy technique after fiducial placement (gold seeds) near the tumour. After one year, the patient had no obvious complain, liver function (no jaundice) was normal and CT scan evaluation showed completed resolution of the mass.
- Klatskin tumour is an uncommon tumour that arises from the bifurcation of common bile duct in the abdomen (duct that drains bile from liver). Patients usually present with progressive (increasing) persistent jaundice followed by pain in the upper abdomen. Surgical excision is the mainstay of treatment. However, surgery is not possible in majority of the patients owing to the location of the tumour, high jaundice and medical condition. Chemotherapy may not be an optimal option in majority of the patients as they present with high jaundice. Majority of such patients with poor medical condition are treated with only supportive care and prognosis is dismal (survival for a few months only).
- Patients with metallic stent have relief from jaundice but unfortunately in a few weeks time, the stent gets blocked with tumour growth. Patients again present with high jaundice and have severely impaired quality of life. They complain of severe itching of entire body, loss of appetite and succumb due to impaired liver function from high jaundice/obstruction. The treatment is to have a longer ‘jaundice-free period’ which in turn improves quality of life and possibly survival function as well.
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy’s high dose radiation ‘sterilizes’ the metallic stent and bile duct region. It is assumed that with radiation therapy, blockage of bile duct and stent is delayed and patients have longer jaundice-free period.In Klatskin tumour, CyberKnife allows to deliver high dose of radiation in a short duration to the target without significant morbidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Autism is a one of the developmental disability.
1. Physical -
2. Mental -
Autism is neurodevelopmental disorder characterised by impaired social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication and restricted and repetitive behaviour. Triad of autism:
1. Not responding to name- loss of eye contact
2. Repetitive Behaviour
3. Can't relate socially
Autistic child has more energy than normal children.
1. Genetic Mutation
2. Environmental factors - infectious diseases, heavy metals, phenol, pesticides, alcohol etched.
4. Emotional causes
Role of Homoeopathy :
Increase autism there is always have some genetic cause so we have to cure or improve that state. Homoeopathic medicines are only medicines which have good genetic action.
After giving Homoeopathic medicines biting n Self destruction decreases, Hyperactivity decreases.
Along with this understanding n immunity of the children improve.