Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Kumar. S
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar. SYour feedback matters!
Hello, My father, 73 years old suffering from paralysis since 1st Nov. 2014. His left part was attacked due to bleeding. He is under treatment of Dr. Kapil Singhal at Metro Hospital, Noida. Presently he is able to walk with support but unfortunately some time back his left shoulder was injured, there was a complete tear. That is why his left arm having pain. Pl. Suggest some exercise or give your opinion. Thanks
I am 20 years old girl I have acute migraine since 4 month .dr. Prescribed migranil tablet and omeg tablet for 20 days .I want to know whether it is dangerous to consume? Does it get addicted? Will it cure after 20 days ?I am having homoeopathic treatment to .does it affect if I take allopathic and homeopathic treatment together.
Hello, I am 20 years old. My problem is when I do heavy lifting or any simple task like lifting a cup of tea my hands are terribly shacking. Pls help.
A migraine is a Neurovascular disorder. It is episodic with severe headache that is intense, often with severe giddiness, severe sensitivity to light, nausea, and vomiting. The affected individual recognizes that a migraine is on the way by its unusual sensation. The pain can last anywhere from half an hour to a couple of days and is periodic in nature. Though the exact reason for a migraine has not been identified but can be triggered by stress, caffeine, hormonal fluctuations, excessive cold or hot weather, excessive burnout, and strong odours.
When Headache is termed as migraine:
More than four attack for simple migraine without aura & two or more attack for complex migraine (with aura)
Main symptoms of migraine:
- Throbbing, pulsating pain or dull congestive aching pain.
- Dimness of vision and Nausea with or without vomiting
- Hyper reactive to all senses like noise, light, smell, touch etc.
- Hemicrania (one sided headache) or pain on the top of head (vertex).
- Triggering factors are responsible almost in each case.
- Gradual onset of pain (rarely sudden) and goes to the pick & lasts for variable time (Hours to days).
The actual episode of a migraine can be broken into 4 stages, and though a person may not know in the first instance, with recurrent attacks, one becomes aware of when an attack is about to happen.
- Prodromal – There could be altered bowel movements, irritability and mood swinging, neck stiffness & tiredness.
- Aura – There could be visual disturbances along with pain in the legs and arms, twitching movement in muscles.
- Attack – This is the actual pain on one or both sides of the head along with nausea, vomiting, blurred vision and sensitivity to light.
- Postdrome – The person would be left exhausted and drained and needs a couple of days to get back to normal. Homeopathic treatment is supposed to be the best treatment for migraine because
- It does not use pain killers (like allopathic).
- It has no side-effects.
- No palliation.
- Recovery from the disease (or it is effective to cure the disease).
In homeopathy the holistic approach to cure the disease is quite unique, and is called Individualization. There is no other treatment procedure which follows individual type of medicine selection. That is, the doctor has to select the best medicine for each case of each individual and medicine may be different for the same disease. In homeopathy, there is no specific medicine for any disease condition. This toughest selection can be done by proper and through case-taking by a good homeopathic physician. An online search can give you multiple medicine names which claim to work for migraine headaches but be careful to avoid self-medication.
In NANOPATHY® (The Complete Care with Homeopathy) special formulated protocol is used to give Maximum Result with Minimum Medicine & without side effect in every disease condition. Treatment of migraine also comes in such protocol which will give you rapid relief. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sometimes my hands vibrate like one day while taking sleep and some other day while in also presentation.
Sir meri wife ke hath bhut kampte hai .uski age 18 ki hai .or usk hath bhut kampte hai. Use na to koi kamjori hai sarir mein fir bhi sir bhut kampte hai .vo agar ek glass bhi hath me leti hai to uska pura hath buri trah se kampte huy dekha ja skta hai .to sir please iski koi dvai btayie jisse meri wife bilkul thik ho ske. Please sir tell the medicine.
Hi Sir, After walking a few metres, numbness appears in lower parts of both legs (Below knees upto feet). I had developed backache 5-6 years back. The MRI showed problems in L4, L5 area. Please suggest the remedy. How can it be cured?
Alzheimer's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that causes a degradation and eventually death of the brain cells. People with Alzheimer's disease suffer from a memory loss. There is also a progressive decline in the cognitive capacity of the brain.Today, Alzheimer's disease and dementia have become almost synonymous with old age. It is a heartbreaking experience to see aged people with Alzheimer's disease. They have little or no memory of the present time, of their loved people or the things around them.
The Alzheimer's disease starts off as a mild condition and then gradually progresses through stages. In this article, we will discuss the different stages associated with Alzheimer's disease.
- The first stage: This stage shows no significant changes in the affected person. Thus, without any diagnostic tests (such as a PET scan), it will be difficult to detect the condition in the initial stage.
- The second stage: This stage brings about some changes in the person. The person might misplace things or may even forget words (something that is often brushed aside as a small problem). However, this seldom interferes with their daily activities. Like the first stage, this stage, in most cases, goes unnoticed.
- The third stage: This is the stage that brings about visible changes in the person concerned such as
- The person experiences difficulties in trying to organize things.
- They forget things they have read, or heard just a few seconds back.
- In some cases, the person may not be able to recollect a person's name they have just met.
- Some people may end up repeating the same question over and over again.
- The fourth stage: This stage marks a further decline in the mental health. The person gets forgetful about himself or herself. They also start mixing up with the dates and months or makes major goof up while cooking (misses out on ingredients).
- The fifth stage: The mental deterioration reaches a step further. The person slowly starts forgetting about the present, such as their address, the time of the day, their profession and even phone numbers.
- The sixth stage: The problem is getting worse. Hallucination is slowly setting in. The person is starting to forget people and their faces, mixing one identity with another.
- The seventh stage: The final and unfortunately, the worst stage. The person stops talking to people, eating, or even walking. They stay confined to their world, oblivious of their immediate surrounding.
Dealing with an Alzheimer patient
- In addition to the treatment and medication, a person with Alzheimer's disease needs the love, care, and support of their close and dear ones. Isolating them will only worsen the situation.
- It may not be easy to deal with an Alzheimer's patient as the disease progresses, but do not be rude to them. Give them the confidence.
- Always keep a paper containing their name, address and emergency contact number in their wallet.
- People after the age of 50 should undergo regular health check ups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, drinking water regularly, avoiding stress and maintaining a healthy weight. Frequently, individuals develop sleep disorders due to stress or obesity.
2. Establish a regular schedule for sleep. Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, including weekends. Establishing a regular sleep schedule will train your body to sleep soundly on a consistent basis.
3. Avoid taking naps throughout the day. If you take a nap during the day, then you will be less tired at night, be more restless and may not sleep as deeply.
5. Exercise regularly so that your body will be tired, but do not exercise for 3 to 4 hours before you go to sleep, because it may energize you.
6. Refrain from eating heavy meals for dinner, which can make you feel uncomfortable and will prevent you from sleeping well.
7. Create a bedroom that is quiet, dark and a comfortable temperature, which will promote sleep and avoid disturbances.
8. Sleep on your side with your head slightly elevated to prevent the symptoms of sleep apnea.
9. Construct a bedtime routine such as reading, meditating or bathing. Having a routine will train your body to recognize that you are preparing for sleep, which will help you to fall asleep easier.
10. Use your bedroom for sleep only. Do not work or do any other tasks in your bedroom if possible. If your bedroom is used only for sleep, then you will associate the room with sleep, which will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeply.
11. Get out of bed and engage in a non-stimulating activity, such as reading until you feel sleepy again. Sometimes lying in bed when you are not able to sleep makes it more difficult to feel sleepy.