Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Kumar S
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar SYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female I'm having migraine trouble it has just started now I'm having a severe headache on the right right side of the head is aching very badly throughout the day it has been 4 days I'm suffering from it I don't have any eye sight problem at times when I take saridon it's ok for a while then again it's starts it's very painful.
Sir I recently noticed that while doing push ups my left elbow was popping every time I did push ups. It felt like something is rolling up and down the side of elbow. I also noticed some tingling sensation in my fifth finger. Please tell me what should I do.
I'm 43 years old Man, I have Epilepsy from the age of 10 years those days my parents took me to hospital first attack doctors removed some water from my back bone and they said in will not come again, but again after 5 years exactly not sure again Epilepsy attacked. Now I'm under treatment continually from 1 year, My Medicines are Levigress 750 Mg, Quogress and colihenz 800. Suggest me same I have to continue?
Nerve pain or peripheral neuropathy, as it is medically known, is characterized by pain, numbness and weakness that arise out of nerve damage. This pain is usually restricted to the feet and the hands.
What are the common causes?
Diabetes is the most common cause for this condition. However, other causes, such as injuries, infections and prolonged exposure to certain toxins can also trigger nerve pain.
How can you control nerve pain?
Nerve pain can be managed and taken care of at home taking into consideration the points that have been mentioned below:
- Topical Painkillers: Certain over the counter ointments and creams can help relieve nerve pain. These medications act as local anesthetics; that is they numb the area of the pain. Capsaicin, a derivative of chili peppers, is one of the major ingredients used in these medicines. Others use botanical oils as the major ingredients.
- Painkillers: There are painkillers available OTC which can curb nerve pain. However, painkillers such as ibuprofen, aspirin and acetaminophen do not really work well for severe pain of the nerves.
- Supplements: The lack of Vitamin B12 is considered to be a very important cause, and at times, a catalyst for nerve pain. In a case such as this, Vitamin B12 supplements or injections might be administered. Although more research needs to go into this, but certain supplements, especially gamma-linolenic and alpha-lipoic acid can help soothe nerve pain caused by diabetes.
- Acupuncture: This time honored Chinese approach is a proven alleviator of nerve pain. Acupuncture releases chemicals which numb the pain, or prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain.
- Physical Therapy and Massages: Physical Therapy can especially heal and strengthen weak muscles that can stem from acute nerve damage and pain. Though more evidence is needed, according to a few sufferers of this condition, massages can be helpful with the tremendously painful muscle spasms that can so often result from nerve pain.
- Relaxation Techniques: In combination with the above mentioned approaches, relaxation techniques can go a long way in relieving debilitating neural pain. Besides being helpful with dealing and reducing a few stress phases of life which can cause nerve pain, these techniques might actually root out the actual pain itself.
- Lifestyle Modifications: This one’s always a winner! Eating a well-balanced diet that guarantees all nutrients in uniform amounts can never go wrong. Regular exercises for about 30-45 minutes can remedy different types of pain; nerve pain being one of them. Try and limit alcohol intake (a peg once a week won’t harm one, but binge drinking can play the ultimate spoilsport and make all health plans go topsy-turvy!). Abstain from smoking or chewing tobacco as this is usually the primary contributor towards any medical condition or disorder.
- Interventional pain therapy: It is newer mode of pain therapy for many neuropathic pain conditions, where regular pain therapies don't work. It is done in operation theater under fleuroscopy guidance as per MRI or other investigation report with clinical examination.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.