Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar SYour feedback matters!
Sir my father has suffered with paralysis and he is not recovering easily can you tell me valuable suggestion.
I have headache's problem like migraines. It always pain in my back head and side head. I used to smoke daily around 10.
I have really strong migraine, for the last two days. I also experience lack of balance and diarrhea.
I am 73. In a recent MRI report' Impression' clause contains the remark -" The lateral ventricles are dilated. The dilation appears to be out of oroportion to the amount of atrophy. This could represent NPH and needs clinical corelation" Kindly explain the remark for layman' s understanding.
I am diabetic for almost 12 years. I am taking diacrom xr 60 and janumet 1000/50 for last one year. I am a physical active person of 46 years. My HbA1c last time was 7.8. I have little numbness on my right thigh on right side. This numbness I feel only on the upper part like on skin. Sometimes i have a pinching pain for secons. I want to know does this have any coneection with my Diabetes also please let me know what check ups I should undergo at this stage.
My Dad got a paralysis attack in year 2006 . He is fine now his blood pressure is normal . Can he still take medicine named met first xl 25 which is apparently medicine for high bp . Request your advice please.
I have 23 years old some times total body shivering with tensions since childhood please tell me what should I do sir.
Iam 21 year old. Iam suffering with insomnia. I get irritated and get angry very soon. Please suggest something.
I am 25 years old my problem is migraine so please tell us what can I do and what type of medicine take mi please tell me.
I am 20 year old mere aadhe head mai kl subha se pain hota hai aur head ke piche bhj aur aisa lagta hai. Jaise head bhaari bhaari lag rha hai aur chakkar bhi aate hai mujhe kya krna chahayiye.
Hi, My wife is having migraine problem as discussed with her family doctor. Same happened based on level of tension, sleeping hours and Sun light exposure as per my observation. Want to know some information about this disease which is: 1. How to know level of migraine. Through any lab test or frequency of occurring. 2. What are the medicine / actions can be taken during the headache. 3. What are the precautionary steps to be taken to avoid the same. 4. Lastly, Whether same is curable. Pls let me know in case of any further information required.
Mujhe saans ki problm hai khaskar upstairs jane ke baad ya after walking. Aisa lagta jaise nose me kuch fassa hua balgam type and raat ko kharrate bhi kafi leti hun. Dakaar bhi kabhi nhi aata. Migraine ki kafi problm rehti. Week me 3 times attack aata migraine ka. Kabhi kabhi chest me bhi jalan rehti and fingers and arms me shivering and sleeping time ya bed pe lete time legs apne aap move krti ya baar bar move krni padti. Shivering bhi hoti. please help me.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.