Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar SYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My Age is 24 years and I am 6 feet tall and weight is 58 kgs. My body and hand shivers a lot when ever I get angry . Sometimes my hand shiver a lot when I hold glass from one hand in front of many people. Also when I meet people for the first time. Please suggest me some medicine and exercise.
A carbohydrate snacks of cereal and crackers with milk before bed may help because food rich in carbohydrates and low in protein and fat may boost the production of serotonin and melatonin, brain chemicals thought to promote sleep.
L-tryptophan: it is thought to bring on sleep by raising serotonin.
Melatonin: 1-3 mg of the melatonin is recommended for sleep, but as little as 0.3mg has been used successfully.
Valerian: it act as a mild sedative and improve both the ability to fall asleep and the quality of sleep.
Kava kava: it is effective for insomnia. Kava kava and diazepam induce similar changes in brain wave activity.
Other herbs that a professional herbalist may use to treat insomnia include:
Passion flower, hops, jamaica dogwood, lemon balm, lavender flower, german chamomile, mother wort, gotukola, and skullcap.
Massage therapy with essential oil, particularly lavender may result in improved sleep quality, more stable mood, increased mental capacity and reduced anxiety.
I have headache problem from last two year. I visited so many doctor but I didn't got solution. Some doctor said me that you have migraine. So please suggest what will I have to do now.
Hello doctor my mother's age is 48. They are suffering from severe headache and they also had migrain problem from 12 years. Their head aches daily. They take pain killers daily like neprad, saradon, disprin to get relief. Their neck also pains alot. What should we do to cure them. Even when they travels their headache increase and vomiting starts. Please tell me any solution of these problems
Headaches are generally classified into two main types: primary headaches and secondary headaches. A migraine, which is a disabling, recurring headache that frequently occurs only on one side of the head and often results in other symptoms, is one type of primary headache. Other primary headaches include cluster and tension headaches. Tension-type headaches are the most common headache, and are often experienced as mild, dull pressure without other accompanying symptoms. Cluster headaches, which are less common than migraines or tension headaches, usually bring severe pain (sometimes described as ?stabbing? pain) behind one eye, and may be accompanied by redness and nasal congestion.
My hands shiver in normal conditions Sometimes. I also fumble Blood pressure is normal No thyroid disorders as well.
I am 23 years old. Sometimes I do suffer from terrible headache. My scan report says I am suffering from migraine. Please tell me some curable tips.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I had cervical laminectomy 1 and half month ago. My left arm is more weak after operate and now from today there is numbness also. Also somewhat numbness is in left leg 3 fingers. Why is it happening? How to cure What to do now?
Seems like I am suffering from insomnia for last 1 year and got problem in my college work. Pliz help me out.
Hello doctor I have migration problem last one year . I am 40 year old married woman what should I do please tell me doctor.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
Sir, I am physically and mentally fit I do fitness exercise regularly but I feel my brain muscles are weak I feel like sleeplessness and hotness and tiredness in brain please give me advise about food and any Ayurveda medicine help me sir or madam.
I'm a 24 year old who is suffering from AVM in brain.Please let me know what could be the cause of it.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine-
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.