Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen KumarYour feedback matters!
Ii am 38 year old girl I hv acidity problem for two year if I take pill its ok otherwise I hv yery much acidity what it may be pls tell.
I am 28 male suffering from colitis living in saudi arab taking treatment from a indian doctor on phone but all medicine are not here but few are available with same formula. Can any one tell me the diet for me I am taking yoghurt and boil egg sometimes.
Hi I am 25 year old guy, I have been taking medicines for GERD from February and have been feeling better, but for the past 2 days I am seeing mucus in stools (no blood). Particles of food, no constipation or diarrhoea, also having lower back pain (not sure if it's related) I had a sigmoidoscopy done and came back saying I have no problem (no biopsy was taken) but still I have mucus in my stool. I am also not feeling hungry. I still eat at the right time (I have not lost my appetite) Am I suffering from anything serious? Do I have to go for a colonoscopy to confirm about things? Please help I am panicked.
headache problem. I am 26 years old and I am suffering from this problem from 10 years .problem occurs 4 time in a week . My digestions system is also week please help me in both.
Last night I drink some alcohol and eat 1 green chili, in the morning when I go toilet there were some amount of blood come with toilet this happens first time what is the reason behind it.
I have a severe condition of fissures. And what you call in layman terms as modes on the outside of the anal opening. Doctors recommending surgery. I am working and mother of two. In case of surgery which are the best options in Mumbai and the best places o get it done. Also, what is the recovery time of these surgeries and approximate cost of the procedure.
Sir my age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. Sir from 8 month I am having numbness and tingling in whole body. Excessive haur growth on whole body except beard part as I have very less hair on face only on moustache and chin. Excessive hair growth on eyebrows and head hair too. Chest and abdomen enlargement. Frequent urination and more frequency of urination along with dark coloured and smelly urine. Abdominal pain even on eating and left half head shooting pain from backside. Hig bp 150/100. Sir my problems are increasing day by day .no medicines are working on me. My vitamin d level in body is decreasing day by day. 4 month ago it was 113 now it is 70 .even I used to go in sunlight and my diet is normal. Only I am eating only 1 chappati at a time due to abdominal pain. Sir I was suspecting of adrenal gland cancer so I had 2 ultrasound of abdomen 6 month ago. It came normal with right renal cortical cyst. As I am noticing reduction in my testicle size so I went to endocrinologist .sir he ordered my total testosterone serum which came 2.59 ng/ml. Cbc was normal. Lipid profile was normal. Potassium was 4.98.sugar fasting was 97. Sir do I can still have chance of adrenal gland cancer?
I am 32 years old and I have right abdomen pain. I have gone through the blood test and urine test. I see protein and blood 1 in urine reports. Is anything to worry about this? MY serum creatinine is 1 and ESR is 10.
Hi I am durba. My husband may have a serious problem. 4 months ago his liver is increased and size was 15.5. After treatment it got reduced little bit and now size is 14.0. But his health is not well at all. He reduced 14 kg weight within this 4 months. And he fill weak so much. He have low blood pressure and loose motion also. Earlier he was alcoholic but last 4 months he didn't drink alcohol. But still no improvement is there. I don't understand what I should do. Please help me.
I had a problem of anal fissure from past 2 years, but blood comes in my stool only when I do Exercises or Gym or I am confused when I have bananas also blood comes in my stool.
I am having a lump in my anus side sometimes it pain a lot so that I can't even sit properly and sometimes there's a bleeding with clot's.
In my face some pimples is there how clear my face as well as soon. And I am suffering from gas trouble how to cure that problem. And how to maintain my food sir. please give me some healthy tip's for me thank you. And how to control my hair fall tell me some tip's. thank you.
I am facing suffered from fistula. please told about the cause of this problem and its treatment. Which healthy habits are to be followed to prevent this problem.
I am 50 years old male, when I takes spice food, I feel blood is out with stool, I want to know the causes and remedies.
My mother has undergone hysterectomy procedure 5 mths back but now she is facing pain in her knee joint so she s taking calcium tablets. She daily complains of gas problem Is it due to hysterectomy or due to inactivity how to manage it thanks.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.