Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen Kumar GYour feedback matters!
I used to smoking before about 3 months ago. I got blood in saliva and I scared then I decided to stop smoking. Because of I were getting that problem again I went for check up in bhopal and then they said to me its happen they checked me and said its because you do cough more. and it almost stopped. Now these days I got fever and have been coughing up for 2 days and I found blood my saliva again but not in cough. I'm very scared tell me what to do.
I use to chew tobacco and due to it my teeth are now appearing black in colour which does not suits to my profile so pls tell me what to do to clean them and to quit tobacco I've already chewed those nicotex and qick nick.
Dear Sir, mere danto ko kida kha liye hain jisse danto men bahut dard rahta hai kripya achchi dava batayen jisse dard thik ho jaye aur eska purn nidan bhi batane ka kast karen.
Due to chewing of gutkha tobacco since 2 years my mouth is unable to open and lips became black. Please suggest.
What would be total cost of replacing all teeth with artificial teeth. One of my friend usually get pain in his teeth & he wants to replace his teeth.
Hi sir I am 22 years old My problem is that I am having sores again and again and again in my mouth. I am completely fit.
I have a peoria dental problem since 2 years back now I my age is 29. Sometimes it bleeds and the gums are damaged I need to know what is the proper medicine name to cure this.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.
Mouthwashes have become a fad nowadays – some simply rinse their mouth with a mouthwash instead of brushing their teeth, the reason being lack of time. While mouthwashes are effective up to a certain extent, the question is can they replace your brush and tooth paste?
Why is Mouthwash Used?
Mouth washes are used for multiple reasons; to prevent tooth decay, freshen your breath and to minimize plaque. It is also known to reduce gingivitis (gum disease) and plaque that harden on your teeth.
In order to understand the efficacy of mouth wash better, you need to know about the ingredients it is made up of. The basic ingredients are cleansing agents, water, alcohol and flavor causing substances. Certain active ingredients are also added to mouth wash which usually vary from product to product. Some of them are:
Fluoride which prevents decay of the tooth by making it more resistant.
Antimicrobials which reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth that lead to plaque formation in the teeth.
Salts, that have astringent properties, act as deodorizers to prevent bad breath.
Substances that reduce bad breath causing compounds.
Advantages of using a Mouthwash are:
Helps in preventing gum disease: Inflammation of the gums and teeth can occur when plaque causing bacteria are present on the teeth. Mouthwashes that contain antibacterial agents help in reducing these bacteria.
Reduces cavity: Mouthwashes that contain fluoride help in reducing cavities that affect your teeth. Cavities are holes in your teeth which form when bacteria in the teeth cause plaque.
Provides relief from canker sores: Mouth wash provides relief from canker sores by reducing the amount of bacteria present on the affected area.
Prevents pregnancy complications: Certain gum diseases release harmful bacteria in the bloodstream that can stimulate early contractions. Using mouth washes provides safeguard against these bacteria, thus, in turn, protecting your baby.
Disadvantages of a Mouthwash:
May irritate canker sores: Mouthwashes which contain alcohol in high concentrations can irritate canker sores in the mouth.
A risk factor for oral cancer: Certain mouthwashes may contain ingredients which increase the risks of oral cancer. It is therefore important for you to check the ingredients before using it.
Given that the benefits outweigh the cons, using mouthwash is good for you. You should not substitute brushing or flossing with using a mouthwash, though. Rather, it should complement them. If the mouth wash contains alcohol in decent amounts, then you are good to go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.