Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
Hai I am 22 years old, Sallu from Hyderabad. And my question is? Till now I didn't use any creams or moisturisers I have T-combination oily face and with dark circles of pimples, on face and cheeks or lightly red. Suggest me some type of fairness brands. To hydrate my skin and close past pimple black pores, also get some white look on face.
Hi doctor I was suffering from herpes zoster last week now the boils. At the face have been reduced but still there are black patches which have some itching and discomfort of pain I was prescribed the medication of 7 days valtoval, delacmr and nervijen/np could you please suggest what should I do now since the the patches look ugly and disturbing to me.
When it comes to skin care, there are a numbers of options that start from regimen of cleansing, toning and moisturising to other procedures which can help in repairing and preventing skin problems. Fillers have become commonplace as far as preventing wrinkles and fine lines go. One of the most popular ingredients is Botox which is technically known as Botulinum Toxin Type A. It is used to prevent wrinkles on the face. Let us get to know more about Botox.
How it works: Botox can be used for a variety of purposes and ailments that cause muscular conditions and problems. Botox helps in paralyzing the muscles on a temporary basis so that the wrinkles can be removed cosmetically and the onset of further wrinkles can be prevented. It does so by blocking the signals that come from the nerves to the muscles. When this happen, the muscles that have been injected cannot contract and turn into wrinkles with the onset of age. These muscle contractions usually softens the skin and by causing them to relax. The lines that are a result of this action can be seen on the forehead, and other areas of the face in the form of crow’s feet and frown lines.
The Procedure: The administration of Botox is done with the help of a fine needle injection. Generally, the patient does not require any anaesthesia during the process. The needle is inserted to specific muscles. The procedure usually gives rise to minor discomfort. The effects can be seen at least a week after the procedure has been conducted.
Medication: For any pain and discomfort that comes as a result of the procedure, one can take pain killers like aspirin as well as anti-inflammatory medicines that can help in reducing any inflammation which may come as a side effect of the injection. The anti-inflammatory medication can also protect the skin from any kind of bruising.
Side Effects: While temporary bruising may be seen in some cases, one can also experience headaches that may last for a day or two after the procedure. Droopy eyelids may also be experienced by some patients, which usually clear up in three to four weeks. One should not rub the area where Botox has been administered for at least 12 hours, to avoid excessive bruising and inflammation. Also, one should lie down for a few hours after the procedure to give the skin some rest.
Candidates: Anyone who is pregnant or suffering from a neurological condition should not go in for this procedure. The effect of the injection lasts for about six months after which the muscle action returns. Around this time, the injection will have to be administered again in the affected areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radio frequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are of lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!