Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. My nose is not in correct shape. I want to reshape it. I consult with a doctor he said me to go for nose implant and it will cost around 3-4 lakh. But I read this in internet that it's better to have surgery from own rib cartilage tissue rather than nose implant. Since it do not last for lifetime. It can get infected also. I am soo confused what to do. please plz suggest.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.
Hello doctor Mere kuch dino se around 5-6 days se gale me ajib sa pain hai aisa lg rha hai kuch ataka hua hai or mujhe sans lene me bhi kafi dikkat ho rhi hai mene doctors ko bhi dikgaya dwai bhi li pr kuch frk ni pda h please doctor aap btaiye mujhe kya krna chahiye?
I am suffering from the acidity and feels burning in throat and chest area while eating anything. Help me with natural remedies to get rid off acidity please.
Hello am paul am facing severe problem of snoring which is really irritating to every onenand to me also it would be great if you could provide me the solution or medicine to my problem.
I am having discharge from ear for the last five months. I am taking homeopathic treatment and feeling some relief but there is still discharge from ear. What should I do. I want to avoid operation.
I am, aged 44 yrs, feeling dizziness (vertigo problem, including a light pain in shoulders And light stiffness on neck. Pls suggest homeopathic treatment.
I have sinus problem and in morning very much problem with nose so please tell me proper solution of sinus.
My left nose was bleeding from past 3weeks, I taught it must be wound inside. Now again my right nose is bleeding. Due to which i face difficulty to breathe. What must be the cause which doctor should i look for since i reside at matunga. Please revert
I am 70 years male having ear problem. Fungus is being generated in the left year resulting in hitching severely. This problem is since 2-3 years used otocin-o with some cream (name forgot) given good result. Once again same problem please advice.
I have throat infection and can't possible to eat food easily and lot of cough during night time can you please suggest me.
Hullo Drs, What could be the causes for sudden throat pain followed by running nose, headache fever and so on? For past 4 months I have gone through this thrice.
Sir/madam I have sinus problem from the age of 13. At that time I would get cold only when the climate is cool. But since 1.5years I am suffering from cold 2-3 days a week and I get fever once or twice a month. I get these when climate is cold, when I see bright light, when I go to another place, when something suddenly fells in my eye I t gets irritated and my nose starts running or even if I sit in a ac room for 1 hr. I am fed up with this problem and moreover I completed my engineering and i m planning for my higher studies abroad, there would be freezing temperatures and I am very afraid on what to do. And Because of this problem I cant leave my studies. Please suggest me.
From last 1 week I am having problem in my throat its tonsils problem, I take a medicine and syrup but no relief please advise me some home remedy.
I have liver problem in my stomach and throat at some days at least two years happened give properly medical reports at few days please give advice to take a medicine to doctors.
Earaches can make life miserable. At times, the pain gets so intense that it throws life in jeopardy. This is where homeopathic medicines come as a huge relief. Earaches of different origins can be effectively treated with homeopathic medicines.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is the best homeopathic relief for people suffering from excruciating earache. The pain usually aggravates at night. The maddening pain leaves the person mentally very agitated. The medicine is equally helpful for children who get agitated and irritated due to the unbearable pain.
- Pulsatilla: At times, the earache is accompanied by a thick (mostly greenish) discharge from the ear. As a result, the ear feels quite heavy. A person might also experience difficulty in hearing. The darting pain is at its worst self at night. Such earaches and associated symptoms are best treated with the homeopathic medicine, Pulsatilla.
Sometimes, even a little exposure to cold air can result in earaches. Worse still, there is a pus like discharge from the ear and fever. The ear is very sensitive to touch. Hepar Sulph is an ideal homeopathic remedy under such circumstances. Psorinum is mainly used when the pus like discharge has a very unpleasant odour.
At times, dental problems and throat infections can result in severe earache. Homeopathy has a solution for all. Plantago is an excellent homeopathic medicine to treat earaches resulting from toothache. Merc Sol is effective against earaches originating from dental problems. In such cases, there may be blood or yellow discharge from the ear and the pain gets unbearable at night.
Lachesis and Phytolacca are known to provide great relief from earaches resulting from throat infections. Lachesis is helpful when the throat pain slowly shoots up to the left ear. Swallowing of food makes the situation worse. Phytolacca, on the other hand, is the best medicine when the shooting ear pain is right sided. Belladonna helps to deal with severe and throbbing ear pain.
Infection of the Otitis Media (middle ear) is a common factor, resulting in earaches. There may be fever and pus like discharge. The hearing is also greatly impaired. At night, the pain reaches the superlative degree. Go for Hepar Sulph if the pain intensifies upon slightest exposure to cold air. Use Belladonna in case the ear infection is at a very nascent stage. Pulsatilla is equally effective to treat such earaches.
Many a times, the ear pain can be of nerve origin. It is more of a facial pain, with the ear being affected. Verbascum Thapsus (Mullein Oil) can be of great help and can also be effectively used as an ear drop to provide some relief. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.