Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
Rhinophyma and I had done my plastic surgery last December. Their is a lot of oil in my nose now. What to do.
Hello sir from my ear yellow bullgom type liquid is flow please suggest me effective medicine. Thank you.
Some times my ear will be paining? Some times while traveling I'm listing a songs in loud volume is their any problem in that.
Hi My sister 58 last three month please water from nose countinue day and night. Dr. Says only surgary by indo scopy cost 2 lakh water leakage from brain
I have a bubble inside the ear since yesterday. It pains a lot. I think there is pus inside. What do I do? it is yellow in color. Please suggest some medicines. Because of the pain I have fever since today morning. I am unable to walk.
In last 3 days I have feel some trouble in my throat such as sore throat, pain in throat, ear pain, headache, laziness. I am a smoker so I am afraid about it bcoz it may be a throat cancer so please sir help me. What should I do?
Hello doctor From last 1 week I am feeling little pain in my throat. I take alcohol mostly on weekends. What can be reason and please suggest what should I do for this. Thanks doctor.
I have skin issue white pimples comes mostly all time of year on face usually on same place again and again. Near nose corners and on chin under lips. They hardly go away.
What is the best way to sleep faster because i am snoring heavily that disrupt me for sleep and wake up in the morning with fully body pain and severe headache lack of concentration.
I am 32 years male. I suffering with itching in both the nostrils. When I rub the nostrils it feels good for some moment but again it start to itch and after some time I start to sneez. I had Ayurveda and homeopathic treatment for 5-6 months each but no results. Could you please suggest me something? I am having this problem since 3 years now.
Tinnitus is when you think that there is noise when there really is no sound. It is very common and is not very serious either. It affects about 1/5th of the population. It is worth note that tinnitus is not a condition. Instead, it is a symptom of having a condition. These conditions range from hearing loss, an ear injury or even a circulatory system disorder. Even though tinnitus does worsen with age however, it can also improve with treatment. If you know the cause of tinnitus, it does help treat it. Here is everything you need to know about tinnitus.
Symptoms of Tinnitus:
As mentioned earlier, tinnitus is a ringing, hissing, clicking or buzzing sound which only you can hear and no one else.
Causes of Tinnitus:
There are many common causes of tinnitus including:
- Age-related hearing loss: Tinnitus is commonly caused due to hearing loss.
- Meniere's disease: Meniere's disease is a type of inner ear disorder. It is when there are abnormalities in the fluid pressure of your inner ear.
- Medications: Many medications have a side effect of tinnitus as well including certain antibiotics, antidepressants, cancer medications and even aspirin.
- Loud noise exposure: Exposure to loud noise once in a while will not cause tinnitus. However, constant exposure to loud noise might cause tinnitus.
- Changes in the shape of your ear bone: Otosclerosis is an abnormal bone growth which results in the bones in your middle ear stiffening.
- Acoustic neuroma: There is a nerve, which goes from the brain straight to the inner ear. When this nerve develops a tumor, it is known as acoustic neuroma which is a common cause of tinnitus.
Treatment of Tinnitus:
Tinnitus can be only be stopped if the underlying condition is treated. However, there are certain electronic devices, which help suppress the noise including:
- Hearing aids: Hearing aids are already helpful for people who have hearing loss; however they can also help reduce tinnitus.
- Masking device: Wearing a masking device which continuously emits a low-level noise helps stop the buzzing, clicking, hissing or ringing sound which comes with tinnitus.
I am a patient of acute tonsillitis from the past seven years. Now I want to remove my tonsils and for that I need to know what kind of procedure is there in your hospital whether its a cold knife procedure (old method) or co2 laser (new method for easy removal without excessive bleeding and frequent post surgery recovery of patient. Please let me know about this. thank you.
I am 56 year old lady in india. Oweight-80 kg for 5'4' height. Sleep for 7 hrs, eat healthy, slightly stressed. Every 15 days to one moth I have cold and sore throat. I take azithral and become fine. I catch flue from anybody passing close to me. I breath through my mouth. What do I do to prevent frequent flue and today temp is 99. 8f.
I am 29 years old, got a distracted listening problem with pus from both the ears. I already had a cochlear bone implant on left ear to reduce the pus and improve in listening. But the problem is same as before. Please suggest. I do not wish to prefer any operation at this busy schedules and responsibility.
Nasal allergies are very common and as a result, not taken seriously by most people. In most cases you patiently withstand the coughing and sneezing, which might last for an entire day and in the process might inadvertently damage your health by choosing to ignore it for the time being.
Here are some of the commonly experienced nasal allergies and what you should do to get relief from them:
- Runny or stuffy nose: The best option is to just avoid allergy triggers. For example, if pollen is your allergen, then avoid going out during the times pollen count when it is reported to be high. Or, if animals make you sneeze, then make sure to have your hands washed and clothes changed after playing with them. Do not over use decongestant sprays at all. If these symptoms persist for more than half a week, then it's time to seek your doctor's advice.
- Uncontrollable Sneezing: Again, the best option is to avoid; but in many cases, it becomes difficult for you to avoid the allergen. In those cases, try antihistamine. If that doesn't work, then you can also go for a nasal steroid spray, but again, make sure to not overuse it.
- Post Nasal Drip: Usually, you unconsciously swallow your mucus. But, if the mucus quantity increases, it becomes thicker and results in post-nasal drip. It isn't much common, but you can practically feel the mucus dripping into your throat from the back of the nose. It can result in a lumpy feeling in the throat and can cause irritation. You can try drinking more fluids and using a nasal spray to reduce the mucus quantity. If that doesn't work, then it's time to seek advice from your doctor.
- Eyes that itch: Watery eyes that itch are annoying companions of nose allergy and though they might not be a serious hazard for the eyes, you cannot ignore them. Try wearing sunglasses when you go out into a reportedly high-pollen-count weather. It might be a better option to forego contact lenses; they can escalate the entire eye-itching problem. If it becomes too itchy, you can place a cold washcloth over your eyes.
Testing an Allergy: Allergy testing is commonly done by by skin prick test, in order to diagnose the allergens. Once, the allergens are diagnosed, immunotherapy can be started, which will help in improving the symptoms of and in many cases, it provides complete cure.