Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Chandra
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen ChandraYour feedback matters!
The power of my spectacles is increasing again and again. What should I do so that I can prevent my eye disorder?
I have a stye on upper eyelid last 20 days. I have already checked by eye specialist and he prescribed some drop and medicine but still now stye in upper eyelid. Any good medicine for stye?
I am 20 years old and I feel pain in my eyes in sunlight I can not see clearly in sunlight what should I do.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
1. Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
2. It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
3. It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
4. The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
5. ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL-
1. The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
2. The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
3. ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Anything that enters the eye from outside and causes inflammation or irritation, or even an abrasion, among varied other problems, can be termed as a foreign body. This foreign body usually ends up having an effect on the conjunctiva or the cornea. While the cornea is the outer layer that protects the eye, the conjunctiva is the membrane that covers the white portion of the eye.
Here are a few ways for understanding and treating the entry of foreign objects into the eye:
- Symptoms: To begin with, one must understand the symptoms so as to recognise the problem. A feeling of pressure or discomfort will be experienced by the patient, who will feel as though something is preventing him or her from shutting the eye properly. At the same time, too much tear formation and pain in the eyes will also point at the entry of the foreign object while redness and bloodshot eyes are also a common sight at such instances. The patient may be forced to blink at more than the normal rate, while glares of light will create pain and discomfort.
- Causes: There are many kinds of foreign objects that can enter the eyes including fine substances like saw dust, dirt, grime, dust, sand and even the dust of cosmetics. Also, eye lashes, dried mucus, shards of glass and metal particles may enter the eyes and create an emergency situation. When the wind sweeps debris up, it may fall into a person's eyes and settle there.
- Prompt Action: As soon as you feel like something has entered your eye and does not seem to be leaving it even after continuous blinking, then you will need to see a doctor in the Emergency Unit of your hospital. Do not rub your eyes at all, as the foreign object may cause cuts inside and lead to bleeding and other complications. You must take special care to notice whether or not the object in the eye is sharp and is preventing you from shutting your eye properly, in which case immediate medical intervention and diagnosis will be required.
- Treating the Foreign Object: With the aim of removing this object, the doctor may administer anaesthetic drops before using a fluorescein dye to find out what kind of object has entered. A moist cotton swab will be used for removal and an antibiotic ointment will be prescribed for any cuts. Acetaminophen can treat the pain while a CT scan can investigate any intraocular object.
You can also use a wet cloth to rinse and remove the object at home, but blurry vision and pain must be taken to an ophthalmologist immediately.