Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
My blood pressure is getting high unusually. I take Losar-H, but even this medicine is not helping me.
My mother is suffering from High blood pressure. What to do to get it on normal? What are the various precautions to control it.
Im 26ear old and having chest pain after doing workouts should I leave doing workouts or is it due to any other reason? I do mainly push ups sit ups crunches and other weight lifting exercises.
I'm 61 years of age, cholesterol-182mg/dl, tgl-301mg/dl, hdl-28, vldl-60.20mg/dl (report in march'15, not on medicine as yet. Taking dietry precautions only. Need your advices on medicines, dietry and natural remedies. Regards and thanks. Reply soon
Pain in left side of chest while taking deep breath. I have runny nose and sneezing. Suggest some medicine. I have no other problem.
Yesterday I got report of Lipid, which shows the following reading Serum Cholesterol :310 Triglyceride: 290 HDL: 42 Age :47 BP :130/84 My weight is 76 Kgs Height :5'-10" I don't smoke and take drinks only on weekends (that too very less), and do a lot of gym. Which med. Do you recommend? Few months back I stopped taking medicine (Jupiros 10 mg) I don't want to continue taking medicines. Is there any other alternative to reduces cholesterol naturally?
My father age is 68 years. He is sugar and high blood pressure patients. What are I do for his good healthy life.
My triglycerides is 368.80 mg/dl. This is for the first time. Besides my glucose fasting 127 and PP 166 n BP 135/74. My ECG is normal. My physician advised me for diet contact, not to worry. Are these tests related to cardio problem. please advice.
My grand mother is facing severe problem with her knee pain will you help her any thing? And even she is a sugar patient and alsa ahe has high blood pressure my grand mother need to ttend the operation or not.
I'm 23 years old, height 6 feet. I'm having gastric problem I think. I regularly get pain below my chest when I take more food especially spicy items. Is this a gastric problem? I'm a very active & sports person since my childhood. Now i'm not involving in any activities from 3 years, only going through my studies. Even though i'm taking controlled diet my belly is very loose. I'm not having stiff body. What can I do for a good personality?
I am 38 year old male weighs about 71.7 Kg and height 185cms. I am having problem that my heart beat suddenly increases and specially during morning after brushing. I have conducted full body check and found following test results: Vitamin B12 - Serum - 61 25-OH Vitamin D (ETA) - 12.4 erythropoietin - 1.85 mIU/ml Hemoglobin - 19.9 PCV - 60 Else everything is normal. Doctor advices me to discard blood of 350ml and conduct CBC again also advice me to take ecosprin 75mg in night and Tayo 60K every week. He suggested Vitamin B12 medicine but advices not take till PCV comes down. I conducted CBC again and found PCV at 54.37 and Hemoglobin at 19.5. Should I start taking B12 medicine or discard blood once more? Please suggest.
Aortic valve stenosis is a heart condition in which the valve to the biggest artery- the one which provides oxygen-rich blood to our body, called aorta, is narrowed. This prevents the valve from opening fully, obstructing the blood flow from your heart into your body.
When the aortic valve doesn’t open, your heart needs to work harder to pump blood to your body making the heart muscle weak. If left undiagnosed aortic stenosis is fatal.
These symptoms should spur you on to seek medical care right away:
Chest pain or tightness
Feeling faint with exertion
Fatigue after increased activity
Heart palpitations — rapid, fluttering heartbeat
The disorder doesn’t produce symptoms right away and is usually diagnosed during routine physical exams when your doctor listens to your heart with a stethoscope. He usually hears a heart murmur resulting from turbulent blood flow through the narrowed aortic valve.
There are other ways to diagnose aortic valve stenosis and gauge the severity of the problem, like:
Echocardiogram – This produces an image of your heart using sound. It is the primary test to diagnose a heart valve problem. Sound waves are directed at your heart here and these bounce off your heart and are processed electronically to provide images of your heart. This test helps your doctor check diagnose aortic valve stenosis and its severity plus chalk out a treatment plan.
Electrocardiogram (ECG) – In this test, patches with electrodes are attached to your chest to measure electrical impulses given out by your heart. These are then recorded as waves on a monitor and printed on paper. Though this can’t diagnose aortic stenosis directly, it can tell you that the left ventricle in your heart is thickened which normally happens due to aortic stenosis.
Chest X-ray – This allows the doctor to see the shape and size of your heart directly. If the left ventricle is thickened, it points to aortic stenosis. It also helps doctor check the lungs. Aortic stenosis leads to fluid and blood in the lungs, causing congestion.
Exercise Tests – Exercise is used to increase your heart rate and make your heart work harder. This test is done to see how your heart reacts to exertion.
Computerised Tomography (CT) Scan – This means a series of X-rays to create images of your heart and observes the heart valves. It is also used to measure the size of aorta and the aortic valve.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – This uses powerful magnets and radio waves to create images of your heart and valves.
Once aortic valve stenosis is confirmed, you may have to go in for monitoring or heart valve surgery according to your doctor’s advice.
I am 26 years old boy, Last day I felt chest tightness and pressure on the left side, now feel better. But why doctor have been prescribed me ECOSPRIN 75? What's the exact function of this tablet?
Is humans are made for eating meeting? Is it is true by consuming meat it could cause cancer risk and diabetes blood pressure?
Hi i am having Cholesterol total 112 trig 168 hdl 40 ldl 38 vldl33 is this right or need some care sugar is 109.
Mushroom is a type of fungi that hails from the Agaricus family. It is estimated that there are close to 1,40,000 types of mushroom, out of which science has been able to classify only 100 odd mushrooms for health benefits. From cutting down cholesterols to preventing cancers, increasing the strength of the immune system to helping in weight loss, there are numerous health benefits of mushroom. This article will explore why mushrooms are regarded so highly by health practitioners across the globe:
- Cholesterol levels: Mushroom does not possess any fat or cholesterol. They are rich in lean protein, fiber, and some very important enzyme. The lean protein found in mushroom helps to burn down the LDL cholesterol. Furthermore, it creates a good balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol so that the body can refrain from stroke, atherosclerosis etc.
- Preventing cancer: Mushrooms are mighty effective in blocking certain cancer types such as the breast and prostate cancer. Owing to their high linoleic acid and beta-glucans, they act as a very good anti-carcinogen. While linoleic acid can successfully suppress the excess estrogen which leads to breast cancer in women, the beta glucans can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the case of a prostate cancer.
- Diabetes: Mushroom is an ideal food for a diabetic patient. They do not possess cholesterol, consists of low fat, have high protein and a lot of minerals and vitamins. Apart from this, mushrooms possess a lot of fiber and water. The most critical component, however, is the natural insulin that mushroom has within itself. They help to break down the starch found in food items. Mushrooms have certain components that help in the proper functioning of the liver, endocrine gland etc. It ensures that the proper balance of insulin is maintained in the body.
- Bone health: Mushroom is a very good source of calcium. They ensure that adequate strength of various bones is maintained in the body. Regular intake of mushroom can ensure safeguard an individual from conditions such as osteoporosis, joint pain, and immobility.
- Blood Pressure: Mushroom variety such as the maitake and the shitake has a high amount of potassium content. The latter can successfully relax the blood vessels thereby, reducing the blood pressure. Increased potassium content also helps in knowledge retention and an improved memory. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause severe damage such as strokes, heart attacks etc.
- Selenium content: Selenium component is mushroom is one of the key ways to receive selenium for a vegetarian. Selenium helps in strengthening the bone, nail, tooth and hair. Selenium is also considered to be a very powerful antioxidant that can successfully get rid of free radicals in the body and strengthen the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.