Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My son age is 10 but he did not drink milk daily. Sometime he drink boost with milk. Is this good ? Please suggest which one is good ?
My daughter has all her milestone delay like delayed speech, development, gross motor, etc. She difficulties in all gross motor activities like writing, drawing, combing her hair, wearing shoes and socks, etc.
My son is 5 years old and is taking Homeopathic medicine for cold and cough. He was quiet relieved with the treatment. But since two days he's taking homeopathic medicine for fever but I see no sign of improvement. So can I give him allopathic medicine simultaneously.
My son is 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti must" hungry syrup, but he doesn't eat anything, please give me a best suggestion?
My daughter age is 15 month And 10 days. When his age is 6and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently We take some test. At present hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? We are worry about his weight and not eating, when we try to her some food always vomiting syntom.
My daughter is 4 months old, but she doesn't weep for milk in night. We have to feed her on our own. She didn't cry for milk in night.
There is a kid about 11 months old in my locality. I noticed that he is v anaemic though the child is very playful. What should be done? I think parents are not providing proper diet. Child also looks small in size.
My son is 16 months old but he is not ready to eat something. If someone forcefully tried to give meal he ejects all.
Mera beta four year ka hai, aksar raat ko uske leg mei pain rahata hai, aur morning mei thik ho jata hai, dard puri raat rahti hai, maine doctor ko dikhaya to doctor ne calcium syrup diya, ab sirup band karne ke baad bhi kavi kavi leg me pain ho raha hai, aur, raat bhar massage karne pe bhi aram nahi milta, so please mujhe aisa medicine ya oil bataya jo fast relif kare raat mei aur bacha aram se soye paye, mai raat mei bajut pareshen ho jati hu.
My daughter is 3 years old & she use to suck her thumb. Due to which her weight is not increasing. Pls tell me how this problem can be resolved. She doesn't eat so much.
My child is 8.3 year, height 43 inch weight 20 kg, and don't take full diet of food please suggest me.
I am 26 year old mother with two month old daughter. I am breastfeeding my daughter. But it seems milk is not enough for my little one. So I am giving her lactogen 1 once in a day in spoon. As she is not taking bottle feeding. Whenever I try to feed in bottle, she vomits. Please tell me the reason for refusal of bottle nipple by my baby? And please suggest any other idea?
I have a daughter one year she suffered from diarrhae how to escape children with diarrhae Loose motion.
my friend has 1 month baby girl and from the day she is born whenever her mother tries to feed her automatically she vomits all the milk out of her mouth I have consulted a doctor in my village he I no child specialist he advised my friend wife not to eat any vegetable and she stopped eating vegetables she has tried this and week but nothing is changed still the baby is not Able to digest anything please advise me Thanks.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.