Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My son is 4 months old. And suffering from cold n cough. Lil bit breathing problem while having mother or bottle feed also. Please suggest.
My son is 3 years old and weighs only 12 kg. He is otherwise active but doesn't want to study. At such a foundation whenever I sit with him to make him write or color he is always disinterested. I have tried offering gifts to him as well as bought new colorful books but everything fails. He is very observant and want to just listen to the mechanics of every technology and machine used. He has a great grasping power and wants to only. Listen to stories well everything except for studies. Everyone tells me to start tuition which do not want to at such a age. I worry if he will be able to cope up the pressure of studies.
I have my first baby (8 month) with cesarean delivery bcz I won't got pain till the delivery date whether there is an chance to get my second pregnancy with normal delivery & how long time I want to wait to get 2nd pregnancy.
My son is not at all eating any thing unless he hungry every alternate day. He is active. He drinks milk early mornings with feeding btl, then afternoons after if he eats, or drinks and sleeps after he eats, then he in the evening before he wakes from sleep and then before he sleeps. I afraid of his eating disorder by which my wife and I have tried a lot of things too. Kindly help us.
My wife gave birth to boy on 4/10/2016 normal delivery. After 15 days she did tubectomy operation also. Boy health conditions also nice. Now her feeding milk also getting reduced day by day. How increase her feeding milk. Her health conditions also nice. Why there is no milk. Please give suggestion to improve her feeding milk. Thank you.
My son does not behave and respond according to his age and as comparative kids of his age he is not able to understand and speak what to do in this condition?
My two months baby has watery loose motions. Her weight is 5.80 kg. She breastfeeds. In the night she sometimes she vomits because of cough. What should I do?
My son is 3 years old. His skin at the arms, shoulders, cheeks has got small pimples and it is rough and itching. He got this since he is 1 year old. Please let me know what is to be done.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.