Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. PratibhaYour feedback matters!
I was using too much computer and mobile from last few years and now my vision has been poor and acing problem in reading far away. How to make my vision back to normal?
I have eye sight of (-6) for right eye and (-7) for left eye i'm 21 years female. Doctor told me my retina was week as a part my job I have to work on computer for long time how can I improve my retina status please tell me.
I wear spectacles from past 10 years. I really wanna get rid off it. Any suggestions? What should I eat.
Hello my name is imli I have a question for you I am suffering from a problem of eyes. I am unable to see clear vision. Please help me out from it. Also having problem to understand dark colored my age is 23 years. Please help me out from it and answer me. What should I eat.
Sir I have very week eyes my eyes power are -8.5 diopter is there are any kind of eyes surgery Available so I can reduce my eye power and turn my weak vision to normal? If yes then how much it cost?
I have years coming from eyes if I use computer for half an hour time. Is this any symptoms of vision loss?
I have red eyes problem I can't sit in front of the computer for long time shall I get any eye drops for this. My eyes goes painting too I am facing this problem since last six months.
I am 24 year old. I have problem in my eyes. When I concentrate on books or tv for more than 30 mins continuously I got headache and eyes got red. What should I do.
Now there is no fever but some headache is there and bit burning eyes and feeling weak what should I do?
I have a severe problem from at least 1 year. When I wear my specs, the portion where the nose pads are placed is paining too much. I can't bear the pain. My eyes are also paining too much, I think due to that. I have consulted many Doctors and also changed many frames such as Light ones, With out nose pad, etc. But unable to overcome the problem. Please help me out.
Since 3-4 month I have mild pain and some heaviness. When I stretch upper portion above eye then I feel more heaviness. What should I do?
Hello, i am a 21 year eng. Student my eyesight is 6/12 for both eyes and correctable to 6/6 with glasses and power of my eyes are -4.5. Will I be eligible for defense forces like Indian army. Quoted text below is what written in their site.
I am 21 (male). I have pain on top of my left eye. Also pain at side of my head where we usually count our pulse rate. When ever I look towards up this pain generates. Both pain generates simultaneously.
Refractive surgery is the term used in describing various surgical procedures to correct vision problems like near-sightedness, far-sightedness, presbyopia and astigmatism. This surgery can be performed in order to reduce the dependence on prescription lenses. There are a few kinds of refractive surgeries that can be performed among which LASIK surgery is the most common. Other types of refractive surgeries include intraocular lens procedures, which maybe more beneficial according to the needs of the individuals.
In this surgical procedure, near-sightedness, farsightedness, presbyopia and astigmatism can be corrected by laser. A microkeratome blade or a femtosecond laser is used to create a thin flap in the cornea. The corneal tissue underneath the flaps is then removed using excimer laser. After this, the flaps are laid back in place, thereby covering the removed corneal tissue. In case of near-sighted people, LASIK is used in order to flatten the cornea, which is too steep and in case of farsighted individuals, steep cornea is required. Also by smoothing irregular cornea, astigmatism can be corrected.
In order to consider LASIK eye surgery, one should first evaluate if the LASIK surgeon is right for them or not. After this, the procedure includes an examination of eye health, the kind of vision correction required, and the amount of corneal tissue removal required. Determination of other health factors that may cause disqualification of LASIK surgery is also necessary or there may be hazardous circumstances.
Other laser surgeries
It may so happen that an individual might not be qualified for LASIK. However, they might qualify for other laser eye surgeries like photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), LASEK and Epi-LASIK.
Individuals can also opt for surgeries that are non-laser for correction of their vision. An individual’s eye-structure and prescription are considered in order to determine what procedure would suit them best.
Common facts about LASIK
- It is a procedure which is outpatient, which means that individuals do not have to stay overnight at the surgery centre.
- This surgery usually requires less than 10 minutes and does not require anaesthesia. So individuals are generally awake during the surgery. In case of cornea reshaping, each eye requires about one minute.
- This surgery does not require time to heal. The healing process starts almost immediately after the procedure is completed. However, individuals may experience blurred vision and fluctuations in vision for a few weeks.
- It is important that individuals schedule regular follow-ups after the surgery. Vision usually becomes stable and entirely clear within a period of six months.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.