Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PratibhaYour feedback matters!
I am not getting regular period s when I consulted doctor she said that I should lose my weight is any relation between periods and weight if s plzz suggest me to reduce weight.
If a physical handicapped girl married to a normal person what are the chances to have a baby like normal person ?
I am 27 male. I am married since 3 yrs. I don't have child. I and my wife going to treatment for infertility. My count was 52 million and motility 36%. My LH value is high. My last month LH value report is 11.7 but now 16.7. FSH and testosterone are normal. Pls say whether I will get baby or not? Why my LH value is high? And how I want to control? Pls say clearly and briefly.
Hello doc. please suggest me something. Ajj mera 2nd day h periods ka but period proper nhi aa rhe just like spoting. please suggest me.
Hello, I had sex with my girlfriend today unfortunately the condom was torn when we checked after the sex so I doubt the sperm would have entered and also now I would like to know how we can check if she is becoming pregnant and also if yes how we can stop it from entering late stages we do not want any troubles, thank you for your help.
Knee is a hinge joint where the lower leg bone tibia meets the thigh bone femur. During osteoarthritis, cartilage or ligament defects and degenerative arthritis, knee replacement surgery is recommended world-wide to get relief from extreme pain. Knee replacement surgery, also known as knee arthroscopy, is a surgical procedure, in which the affected knee joint is replaced with synthetic material. The most likely candidates for total knee replacement are the patients with severe destruction of the knee joint coupled with progressive pain and impaired function.
Modern technological advances have made computer assisted knee replacement surgery extremely popular around the globe. In this surgery, the surgeon is assisted by a computer to remove the optimum amount and angle of the bone, which otherwise is done by inspecting manually. This is an excellent example of surgery through small incision and it eliminates the chances of human error. A perfect alignment and balance is achieved and hence longevity is also increased to 20 - 30 years. Knee replacement surgery is also specific to gender as the anatomy of male and female patients is different.
There are many types of knee replacements, most common being the total knee replacement or Total Knee Arthroplasty. In addition, there is partial knee replacement, bilateral knee replacement, revision knee replacement and knee arthroscopy.
In knee replacement surgery, the worn out surfaces of joints of knee are replaced with artificial implant of plastic and metal. The lower end of the femur bone is removed and replaced with a metal shell. The upper end of the lower leg bone (tibia) is also removed and replaced with a channelled plastic implant with a metal stem. A plastic ball is also added under the kneecap depending on its condition. These artificial components are commonly referred as prosthesis. The design of these highly flexible implants replicate knee, with the rotating knee replacement implants assist in backward and forward swing of the legs.
Patients whose knee joints have been damaged by either trauma or progressive arthritis should consider total knee replacement surgery. Post-surgical hospital stay after knee joint replacement is usually three to five days. The surgery has a very high success rate and shows dramatic improvement after a month. This improvement is most notable one month or more after surgery. The pain caused by the damaged joint is reduced significantly when the new gliding surface is constructed during surgery. Initially, patient will walk with the help of a walking aid until the knee is able to support full body weight. After six weeks, patient can walk comfortably with minimal assistance. Patients with artificial joints are prescribed to take antibiotics during the course of any elective invasive procedures including dental work. Physiotherapy is an essential part of rehabilitation and it will increase the muscle strength and patient can enjoy most activities, except running and jumping.
Get a diagnosis before anything else. It is really important to know what is causing your pain. See a doctor before you start doing any exercises or taking any medication. There are many reasons your hip could be in pain, including arthritis, bursitis, or an injury you've got while playing a sport. Always ask your doctor what you should and should not be doing, given the cause of your hip pain.
- Ice your joints: Holding ice to your hips will reduce inflammation of your joints. You should hold an ice pack to the affected area for 15 minutes several times a day. If you find that the ice pack is uncomfortably cold, wrap it in a towel and then place it on the pained area.
- Heat your joints if you have arthritis in your hips: Heating your joints can soothe the pain you feel. Consider taking a hot bath or shower, or soak in a hot tub if there is one available to you. You could also consider purchasing a hot pad that you can place directly on your hip. Do not use heat to soothe your joints if you have bursitis. Heat can cause hips affected by bursitis to actually become more inflamed.
- Get some rest: If you have injured your hip, the best thing you can do is to simply give your hip time to heal. Avoid anything that causes you to feel pain in your hip. Instead, grab an ice pack, a bowl of popcorn and watch some movies. You should give your hip a rest for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid high-impact activities: If you are in severe pain, chances are you won't feel like running or jumping anyway, but it is good to keep in mind that these activities should be avoided. High-impact activities will cause your joints to become more inflamed, thus causing your more pain. Instead of running, try taking a brisk walk, as walking has much less of an impact on your joints.
- Consider losing weight: The more your body weighs, the more weight your painful hip is burdened with supporting. Losing weight can help ease hip pain simply by removing some of that weight that stresses the cartilage and joints.
- Choose the right shoes: You should buy shoes that give you as much support as possible. Look for shoes that have great cushions, or have removable insoles so that you can add orthopaedics. The sole should have good shock absorption, should limit pronation (turning or rotating the foot) and will evenly distribute pressure along the length of your foot.
Maybe you just want to slip into that dress you bought the other day, or maybe the waistline inches are increasing and need some taming. Whatever your reasons are, workout sessions are too difficult to keep up with, and the weight loss is just not happening. But what if you were told that you could lose 5 kilos in a month without trying at all?
Try these 4 extremely easy ways to lose 5 kilos in month, without really trying hard!
1. Drink Water: Water may not have miraculous properties that burn fat, but it can definitely help your weight loss efforts. Most of the people confuse thirst with hunger, when it’s actually your body’s way of telling you that it needs to be rehydrated. So consuming the standard 8-10 glasses can prevent you from reaching out for that untimely snack, which means less calorie intake. Consuming 500 ml of water half an hour before dinner every night can reduce up to 2.5 kilos or more, in a month!
2. Walk to your destination: The next time you step out of your home to go the ATM, the local supermarket or even the park, walk the distance. Daily walking for 30 minutes can burn up to 150 calories in a day. So in a matter of just three days, you can lose 500gms of weight from your body!
3. Sip on green tea: Green tea is rich caffeine and EGCG, both of which speed up your metabolism and increase the burning of fat by your body. Sipping on 3-4 cups a day of green tea can burn 100 calories, which would be equal to losing half a kilo in just 5 days.
4. Sniff on apples and peppermints: Yes sniffing on certain foods, like apples, bananas, peppermint, garlic and even olive oil can greatly help in weight loss. Dr. Alan R. Hirsch of Chicago, who is the founder of Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, tried his method of smelling food reduce weight loss with 3000 volunteers, and each of them lost an average of 13kgs! The reason behind this? Well apparently smelling food before having it can reduce your appetite so that you eat less, and lose more (weight that is).
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Der Doc, I got married three years passed but no baby loosing interest in intercourse. Please suggest me good medicine to get more power when I intercourse with my wife, please help me DOC. Regards
I am suffering frm polycystic Overy syndrome with increase testosterone level with abnormal hair growth, how can I get relief nd how Cn these symptoms can get reduce.
यदि आप गर्भवती होने के बारे में सोच रहे हैं - या आप गर्भवती हैं - तो आप शायद खुद की और बच्चे की देखभाल करने के बारे में मूलभूत जानकारी रखते होंगे। धूम्रपान न करें, शराब न पीएँ, उचित आराम प्राप्त करें। यहां अन्य सुझाव दिए गए हैं- विटामिन से लेकर व्यायाम तक, जो एक सुरक्षित और स्वस्थ गर्भावस्था सुनिश्चित करने में मदद कर सकता है।
1. अपने चिकित्सक या दाई से जल्द से जल्द मिलें: जैसे ही आप पाते हैं कि आप गर्भवती हैं, अपने आप को जन्मपूर्व देखभाल के लिए पंजीकृत करें। आपकी देखभाल का आयोजन जल्दी से शुरू होने का मतलब है कि आपको शुरुआत से ही स्वस्थ गर्भावस्था के लिए अच्छी सलाह मिलेगी।
2. प्रीनेटल विटामिन लें: यहां तक कि जब आप गर्भ धारण करने की कोशिश भी कर रहे हैं, तो पहले से ही प्रीनेटल विटामिन लेना शुरू करने में समझदारी है। आपके बच्चे की न्यूरल कॉर्ड, जो मस्तिष्क और रीढ़ की हड्डी बन जाती है, गर्भावस्था के पहले महीने के भीतर विकसित होती है, इसलिए यह महत्वपूर्ण है कि आप प्रारंभ से ही आवश्यक पोषक तत्व प्राप्त करें, जैसे फोलिक एसिड, कैल्शियम और लोहा।
अगर इन्हे लेने से आपको विचित्र लगता है, तो रात को या हल्के नाश्ते के साथ लेने का प्रयास करें। इसके बाद खाने पर, चबाने वाली गम या चूसने वाली हार्ड कैंडी भी मदद कर सकते हैं।
3. व्यायाम करें: यह आपके सामान्य स्वास्थ्य के लिए महत्वपूर्ण है और तनाव को कम करने में भी मदद कर सकता है। नियमित व्यायाम से आप अपना वजन नियंत्रित कर सकते हैं, रक्त परिसंचरण में सुधार कर सकते हैं, अपने मनोदशा को बढ़ा सकते हैं और बेहतर नींद पा सकते हैं। यह आपको गर्भावस्था के दौरान अपने जोड़ों पर तनाव के साथ सामना करने में भी मदद करता है। गर्भावस्था के लिए अच्छे अभ्यास में तेज चलना, तैराकी, एक्वैनाटल क्लासेस, योग, पायलट्स शामिल हैं।
4. अपने आप को शिक्षित करें: आपको न केवल प्रसूति और शिशु देखभाल के बारे में अधिक जानने का मौका मिलेगा, बल्कि आप विशिष्ट प्रश्न पूछ सकते हैं और किसी भी चिंता को दूर कर सकते हैं।
5. केगेल का अभ्यास करें: केगेल पैल्विक फ्लोर की मांसपेशियों को मजबूत करते हैं, जो आपके मूत्राशय, आंत और गर्भाशय का समर्थन करते हैं। सही ढंग से किया गया, तो यह सरल अभ्यास आपके वितरण को आसान बनाने में मदद कर सकता है और बाद में असंयम से जुड़ी समस्याओं को रोक सकता है।
6. अच्छा खाएं: एक स्वस्थ, संतुलित आहार खाने का प्रयास करें। ज्यादातर डॉक्टर गर्भावस्था के दौरान कैफीन को सीमित करने की सलाह देते हैं, क्योंकि इससे आपके और बच्चे पर हानिकारक प्रभाव पड़ सकते हैं। अधिक फल और सब्जियां खाएँ। प्रोटीन समृद्ध भोजन जैसे कि मछली, दुबला मांस, अंडे, सेम, नट या दालें खाएँ।
विशेष रूप से मछली आपके बच्चे के लिए अद्भुत काम कर सकती हैं। मछली प्रोटीन, विटामिन डी, खनिज और ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड से भरा है, जो आपके बच्चे के तंत्रिका तंत्र के विकास के लिए महत्वपूर्ण हैं।
7. शराब न पीएँ: जब आप तेजी से शराब पीते हैं, तो यह आपके रक्त प्रवाह और नाल के माध्यम से आपके बच्चे तक पहुंचता है। पहले तीन महीनों के दौरान, शराब पीने से गर्भपात हो सकता है, जबकि तीसरे तिमाही में यह आपके बच्चे के मस्तिष्क के विकास को प्रभावित कर सकता है।
8. धूम्रपान न करें: गर्भावस्था के दौरान धूम्रपान आपके और आपके बच्चे के लिए गंभीर स्वास्थ्य समस्याएं पैदा कर सकता है। धूम्रपान समय से पहले जन्म, जन्म के वक़्त शिशु के वजन मे कमी, मरे हुए बच्चे, अचानक शिशु मृत्यु सिंड्रोम (एसआईडीएस) या "खाट पर मौत" का कारण बन सकता है। धूम्रपान करने से गर्भपात, एक्टोपिक गर्भावस्था और अपरा संबंधी अवखण्डन जैसी गर्भावस्था जटिलताओं की संभावना भी बढ़ती है।
9 अपने वजन पर खास ध्यान दें: पर्याप्त वजन न प्राप्त करने से बच्चे को कम वजन वाले जन्म का जोखिम हो सकता है, जो विकास की समस्याओं का एक प्रमुख कारण है। इसके अलावा, अतिरिक्त भार भी आप दोनों के लिए समस्याएं पैदा कर सकता है।
￼ Hi I am 25 years I have my last periods on may 15-20 but now I am not getting periods pls help I am not married so else not pregnant too.
I am 32 mother of 11 years baby boy, I hope I am pregnant but I do not want this pregnancy kindly guide me abortion rules?
I have spotting one week before period due date and had pregnancy symptoms but today I got my period. What does it mean?
Can we surely get menses periods after bleeding during first sex. Even though my fiancé wore condoms. Is there any problem? Can you please tell me sir/madam ☺
Is it a problem to have bleeding only one day or maximum one and half day during menstruation? The periods is perfectly regular, with no stomach pain.
Can my wife take my penis in her mouth for FELLATIO. Amd also I do DEEP oral sex with her vagina. WITHOUT ANY PROTECTION TAKING. Can any harm to our body.
What is menopause?
Menopause is that phase in the life of a woman when she can no longer reproduce. It involves the loss of fertility and the cessation of the menstrual cycle. The woman will stop bleeding every month and the ovaries stop producing eggs that can be fertilized. Menopause normally sets on after the age of 40 and bleeding may permanently stop by the age of 50.
Post menopausal bleeding
You are known to reach menopause when you have not been bleeding for 1 entire year. Even a small amount of spotting should not have taken place. Post-menopausal bleeding is when bleeding occurs after a year of attaining menopause. It can be a serious health disorder and requires medical attention without any further delay.
Reasons behind post menopausal bleeding
- Polyps that are mostly non-cancerous, unwanted growths on the cervical canal, uterus or ovaries are known to cause post-menopausal bleeding.
- Thinning of the endometrium that lines the uterus can cause unexpected bleeding. It can be due to the rapidly receding levels of estrogen in the blood. It is also known as endometrial atrophy.
- Endometrial hyperplasia is a condition that leads to the thickening of the inner lining of uterus (endometrium). It also leads to the growth of abnormal and malignant cells.
- Endometrial cancer
- Other health conditions such as reaction to hormone therapy, infections of the blood or reproductive organs, certain medications and blood-thinning drugs
- Cancer of the ovaries, uterus or cervix
How it can be treated?
- For diagnosis, you can undergo blood tests, ultrasounds, sonography and biopsy.
- Hysterectomy is done to remove the uterus and cervix can be conducted for a complete cure. It also removes the ovaries, fallopian tubes and other lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy and other radiation therapies may be done for those who are in an advanced stage of endometrial cancer.
- Medications such hormone regulators must be taken to prevent complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.