Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima ReddyYour feedback matters!
Helo doctor I am 19 years old from last two weeks I am suffering from burping problem after eating time to time meal and after eating food or before eating food please help me out plzz suggest me any medicine for burping plzz
Sir my age is 18 nd I am girl my problem is related to menses actually my bleeding phase gets prolonged nd it persist for month or so smtime menses become quite irregular I have consulted from local doctor but they r not very clear please suggest me what I should do I have done all types of ultrasound nd what not blood test has become routine work but still nothing doctor said that uterine wall is degraded but I am still not understanding how nd why.
Hi my period was on 23 Feb 2015 but till I'm not getting my period I have two kids.Worried about it. What can I do now please suggest?
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse.
Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old female. Having lower abdomen pain every time from last 4 months, 12 days prior to menstruation.
Actually she had sex with her partner without using protection and now her test is positive And her age is just 18 n her partner is 19 Nobody else now about it not even their parent's And what should they do to avoid this pregnancy.
Mothers, universally, have been faithful torchbearers of the benefits of milk. Cow, buffalo, camel or soy, milk happens to be an indispensable part of your diet. Instead of taking age old conventions for granted a little bit of thought into your food can improve your health. Usually, most households consume cow milk.
While cow milk is definitely favorable for one's health, adult and child all the same, buffalo milk has its plus points too. Your subjective case might profit from buffalo milk. Read up on the advantages of drinking buffalo milk to choose better.
Buffalo milk will help you in these many ways:
- It will bring down your cholesterol levels: Bad cholesterol levels or LDL is detrimental to one's health. Buffalo milk helps to bring down bad cholesterols. It is low in cholesterol and should therefore, be a great supplement. A glass of this milk every day can keep your heart in order.
- If you want your child to put on weight, feed him or her Buffalo milk: Being skinny or rickety could be a worrying problem. In comparison to cow milk, buffalo milk has a huge amount of fat content. It can help you increase muscle mass adding strength to your physique. If you are an adult facing issues related to lower muscle mass, you should start drinking buffalo milk. Children gain energy through regular consumption of this kind of milk.
- Befriend vitamins by drinking this milk: Buffalo milk has a rich creamy texture. It can deal with your want for vitamins. Thiamine, vitamin A and vitamin C are present in this milk. It also has a good amount of folate, vitamin B6 and niacin. This milk is rich in vitamin B12, which can prevent you from heart attacks and strokes. Buffalo milk also contains riboflavin.
- It is also rich in protein: Two glasses of buffalo milk each day accounts for 19g of protein. It is known to contain all nine kinds of amino acids. If it is part of your daily diet, your immunity and resistance are being taken care of.
- It will make up for your mineral deficiency: Calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus are some of the minerals this milk contains. It helps to strengthen your bones and teeth thus, protecting you against osteoporosis.
I got married last april till today my wife not conceive we both eagerly waiting for her pregnancy is there any positive tips or we want to consult which doctor to get conceive soon please advice.
My wife had her last period on september 15. There is no sign of her periods as of now. Her period cycle is around 30 to 32 days since the past 6 months we have been trying for a baby since a few months now. What are the early symptoms of pregnancy. And how soon can we take a pregnancy test. Also she still has her periods pain and white discharge from a few days. We are a little confused if its a delayed period as well. Its been 42 days now since her last periods.
Hi doctor, I am 38 years old female, I hv a 8 years old son .now we are planning for 2 child but unable to conceive since last 1 yr. In jan 2015 I was conceived but that time I terminate my pregnancy by taking medicine because I also had ovary cyst. Now we are planning for 2 child .so kindly suggest what are reason I am unable to conceive and also suggest to whom I need to consult regarding the same.
Relieves Diarrhea & Dysentery: Astringents, in guava, are alkaline in nature and have disinfectant and anti-bacterial properties, inhibiting microbial growth and removing extra mucus from the intestines. Other nutrients such as vitamin-C, Carotenoids and potassium, strengthen and tone the digestive system.
Eye Care: Vitamin A or retinol slows down the appearance of cataracts, macular degeneration, and prevents degradation of eyesight and night blindness.
Brain Health: Guavas contain Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B6 (niacin and pyridoxine), which helps in improving blood circulation to the brain, relaxing your nerves and stimulating cognitive function.
Regulates thyroid: Guavas contain the trace element Copper which regulates thyroid metabolism, helping to control hormone production and absorption.
Diabetics cure: Rich in fibre and with a low glycaemic index, guavas, help to regulate the absorption of sugar by the body and can be consumed for prevention and cure of Type 2 diabetes.
Effective Laxative: Constipation is caused when food is stuck in our colon. Guava, super rich in fibre, aids the body in retaining water and thoroughly cleaning your intestines and excretory system.
Nervous Relaxant: Guava is magnesium rich food which acts as a nervous relaxant. It helps to relax muscles and nerves of the body.
For pregnant mothers: Guavas contain Folic acid, or Vitamin B-9, which is recommended for pregnant women since it can help in developing the foetus’s nervous system and protect the newborn from neurological disorders.
For Fertility: Guavas contain good amount of Folate which help to boost fertility in humans.
Speeds Absorption: Being rich in Manganese, Guavas help the body in quick absorption of key nutrients like biotin, vitamins, minerals from the food that we eat.
Immunity Booster: Vitamin C provides a huge boost in antioxidants, which are the major lines of defense against the proliferation of free radicals in the body.
Infection Control:Relieves coughs and colds by reducing mucus, disinfecting the respiratory tract, throat and lungs, and inhibiting microbial activity with its astringent properties.
Aids Weight loss: Guava is very rich in vitamins, proteins, fibre and minerals and has no cholesterol and a very low number of digestible carbohydrates.
Cancer Cure: Being rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants like Lycopene, eating guavas can protect your cells from damage and reduce chances of prostate, breast, and oral cancers.
Skin Care: Vitamins, minerals and nutrients, in conjunction with Guava’s astringent property, help keep your skin toned, hydrated, improves elasticity, removes blemishes, acne, dark spots, blackheads, wrinkles and pimples.
Scurvy Buster: A deficiency of vitamin-C can cause scurvy, and proper intake of super vitamin-C rich guavas are the best remedy for this dangerous disease.
Anti-ageing: Guavas are rich in Vitamin A, B, C and potassium which are good antioxidants and detoxifiers. Lycopene and carotene protect the healthy cells from toxins and UV rays rendering your skin wrinkles free.
Blood pressure Stabilizer: Potassium in Guava helps to reduce cholesterol in the blood and prevents it from thickening, thereby maintaining the fluidity of blood and reducing blood pressure.
Combats Hair Loss: Rich in vitamin C, guava helps promote healthy hair growth. It also helps in combating hair loss problems.
Oral Care: The juice of guava leaves has been known to cure toothaches, swollen gums & oral ulcers, and the juice speeds up the healing power of wounds when applied externally.