Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima ReddyYour feedback matters!
Sir/Mam I am 31 years old married man, we are trying to be parent from last 5 years and already taken treatment from many qualified doctors. Sir our all reports are ok as discussed with all doctors but still result nothing. All test of mine and my wife are cleared ok. One last doctor suggested IUI but result nothing after two time IUI. Sir/Mam Please advise us what we can do now. 1. Can we take Ayurveda treatment 2. Can we take IVF treatment 3. Wait for time when god will happy 4. Visit another doctor Thanks.
My friend is married for almost 1and half years but unable to perform sexual intercourse although he is healthy n active. He says his wife is lacking sexual desires. What might b the reason? How can he overcome the current situation? Is there any medication to increase the desire in females? And she also feels that her vaginal opening is small, so she fears to have sex. Is there any operation to increase the size of the opening. Please suggest what to do coz they r at the edge of unwanted divorce.
What is the right time during menstrual cycle to have sex, we are planning to have kid. But my wife is not able to conceive for last 3 months.
My girlfriend and I had sex on 11 april, she got her periods on 29 april that lasted till 4 may, she did a pregnancy test on morning of 4th May and it was negative. However we noticed that she had blue veins on her breasts that day. Now there are no blue veins but one of her breast's areola is large and other breast's areola is too dark. Does that mean she is pregnant. What could be the possible reason. Please help.
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.