Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 24 years old married women I got my periods 10 days before but in small quantity and now I got periods but it seems to be different brownish jelly type that too in very small quantity and I feel that heart beat inside my stomach is there any chance of pregnancy please tell.
Hi Doctor, I got miscarriage first pregnancy. 1 month 8 days. Doc told no heart beat. So stopped pregnancy. The reason she told that if sperm and egg don't recognize. This happens and its 40% Common in women in first pregnancy. Taking this into consideration how we plan for second pregnancy. I am having hypothyroid take 62.5 mg tab daily. At which date we try having longer period.
Protein is the key for muscle building; this will help you gain weight. Help yourself to nuts and dairy products.
Hello sir, my wife is facing a problem with her periods. Her period where regular up to 3 months back from three months it was not regular. And in this month it was to late by 6 day and not even came after 6 days too. Sir please give a solution to this problem and her period were too painful from 3 months.
Is calcium deficiency caused due to herpes and what are the symptoms of the said deficiency due to it. I have come across Calcimax tablets and on reading the uses I have come across the indications that due to herpes there is osteoporosis of the bones and as I have Osteonecrosis as diagnosed by my doctor due to cartilage burnout between my left knee bones, I may be at risk of osteoporosis due to herpes. Are Calcimax tablets intake at two tablets a day the appropriate remedy?
My friend is having lot of stomach pain vomiting from few days she had unprotected sex 4 months before n she got her periods 3 times is there a chance she may be pregnant she's worried a lot please suggest.
Last year I had pregnancy but it failed then I am trying till date and I took treatment two MD Dr. But not success to concieve. Please tell me what I do?
It has been 40 Days since my last periods. I worried if I am pregnant! As we dont plan a baby yet? Kindly help.
Do I get any STD or STI because strand gender done a blow job for 30 secs for me and I wore condone while doing. Do any disease transfer to me in the above case. Kindly please tell me because I was scared so much and it's a first time for me.
I have periods only for two days at third day it stops. Is it a problem or can create any problem in my married life.
Female infertility affects nearly 40 million women world over, as per medical studies. If the female patient is not able to conceive after trying for a period of over six months without the use of any protection or contraception, there are chances that she may be suffering from infertility. This condition must be checked and treated at the earliest. Read on to know more about the various causes behind female infertility.
- Fallopian Tubes: When the fallopian tubes undergo any kind of damage, it may lead to infertility for the woman in question. These tubes are used by the eggs as they travel from the ovaries to the uterus. The eggs meet the sperm in order for the baby to be conceived and to develop. Pelvic infections and pelvic surgery can cause scarring and bleeding which can stop the sperm and the egg from meeting. This scarring may also come about as a result of endometriosis.
- Hormonal Issues: There are a variety of hormones at play within one's body at any given point of time, and a balance of these hormones is absolutely essential for the various functions of the body to be carried out in a normal manner. When the body does not go through proper hormonal changes that are required for the release of the egg, this can prevent the pregnancy from happening. This can also lead to a thickening of the uterine lining which can stop the egg from travelling from the ovaries.
- Cervical Problems: The cervix is one of the most important parts of the female reproductive system. It is a passage that can be found at the lower end of the womb. When there is a condition that may affect the cervix of the female patient, it can also prevent the sperm from travelling through the cervical canal in order to reach the egg. This comes about as a symptom of a cervical problem.
- Uterine Problem: One may develop polyps or fibroids within the uterus, thus giving rise to difficulties when it comes to getting pregnant. These growths can usually be found when there are too many cells thriving in the endometrium, which is basically the lining of the uterus.
- Unexplained Reasons: There are a number of 'unexplained' reasons that can prevent pregnancy. These reasons plague almost 20% of the couples who are suffering from infertility or the inability to conceive a baby.
- Tests: While the diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of an HSG test using an ultrasound, the doctor can also use this method to check for fallopian tube blockages. A laparoscopy may also be used for diagnosis.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.