Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prathima Reddy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima ReddyYour feedback matters!
On 14th of sep my friend had unprotected sex and after 24 hrs she had consumed a pill name unwanted 72 right after consuming the same she was feeling little unwell and puked after 2 hours of consumption, she have done sex for the first time and broke her hymen too a little bleeding happened oy at that time since thn her vagina is completely dry and felt that its little swollen, is it normal to hv swollen vagina after first time. She felt pain for few days and her dates were supposed to come near to 23rd sep but she is still waiting and no discharge coming from vagina please suggest are these signs of pregnancy as she had unprotected sex, if yes, then how can she avoid it.
HiI am 51 male. My wife is 45 year. From last 3 month my wife period is not coming yet . Which tablet I can give her for period. Her wight is 80kg and height 163cm. She is not taking any medicine.
Ovulation is that period between the last menstrual cycle and the next menstrual cycle when the chances of pregnancy are the highest.
In january 2017 I was start my conceiving treatment and three months continued the process but after some personal issue I was not continued the treatment and also did not informed about my personal issue and taking break for few months. Can I continue the treatment in november in the same hospital or search other one.
Hi doctor I'm 25 I had unprotected sex with my bf nd my periods got delayed for 5 days. I took urine test it seems positive. Nd I'm much worried .nw I'm taking monsoon tablets 6 pills per day for 3 days. Will I get my periods. Pls help me.
Styloid process enlargement causing pain is a rare problem called Eagle's syndrome or stylalgia.
Symptoms include foreign body sensation in throat,pain during swallowing or neck movement .
On palpation of the tosillar fossa of the affected side there is pain.
Generally stylalgia occurs due to compression of the sympathetic nerve bundle around the carotid vessels by the enlarged Styloid process or calcified Stylohyoid ligament.
You will need to get an orthopantomography done?That's an xray of your mandible,maxillary, teeth which also shows the Styloid process.We measure the length of Styloid process and if it's causing pain it's generally equal to or more than 20mm.
Confirmation of diagnosis may be done by intra oral lignocaine injection before going for surgery which is the most recommended treatment in case of confirmed Stylalgia. A CT scan is a good tool preoperatively for a good estimate of size ,angulation and relation of the Styloid process with other structures.Depending on position a tonsillectomy may be needed to approach the Styloid process intra operatively.
However if not willing for surgery immediately under a doctor's supervision a trial of Carbamazepine may be started.But since this drug has some side effects including bone marrow depression and skin rashes a routine blood test(Haemoglobin ,CBC) before starting the drug has to be done.This drug should strictly be taken under a doctor’s prescription after the blood tests.
I suddenly found a lump in my breast after I consulted with a doctor she suggested me to novex tablet for 10 days but After checking abt that tablet I am bit afraid to consume it please advise me whether it's advisable or not.
My period started and after 2 hours I had unprotected sex in periods, and after that I felt like semen went inside vagina, but my partner had ejaculated it outside, is there any chance of pregnancy. Or should I take i-pill.
Both men and women can suffer from sexual dysfunction which in common man’s speak is a problem that prevents you from experiencing sexual satisfaction. If you are experiencing sexual dysfunction in any part of the sexual response cycle which traditionally includes excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution, you are not alone. Research suggests that 43 percent of women and 31 percent of men report some degree of sexual dysfunction or difficulty.
It also remains a topic that many people are hesitant to discuss and resolve worldwide. Read on to know more on sexual dysfunction so that you can understand it and seek treatment for it because treatment options are available and extremely helpful.
Types of sexual dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction is classified into four categories:
- Desire disorders: This is a generalized lack of sexual desire or interest in sex
- Arousal disorders: Inability to become physically aroused during sexual activity
- Orgasm disorders: A delay or absence of orgasm
- Pain disorders: Pain during intercourse
Symptoms of sexual dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction - An inability to achieve or maintain an erection for penetrative sexual intercourse
- Retarded ejaculation - An absent or delayed ejaculation despite sexual stimulation
- Early or premature ejaculation - Inability to control ejaculation
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication before or during sex
- Inability to relax the vaginal muscles for sexual intercourse to happen
- Lack of interest in or desire for sex, an inability to become aroused or pain during intercourse are also classified as sexual dysfunction.
Causes of sexual dysfunction
- Physical causes - A number of medical conditions can cause problems with sexual function like diabetes, heart and neurological problems , hormonal imbalances, kidney or liver failure, and alcoholism and drug abuse. Anti depressant use can also affect sexual function.
- Psychological causes - Stress and anxiety, sexual performance anxiety, relationship problems, depression etc. are some of the psychological causes responsible for sexual disorders. Feelings of not being good enough and the effects of a past sexual trauma also come into play.
Diagnosis of sexual dysfunction
The doctor will begin with a history of your symptoms, followed by a physical exam to rule out medical problems.
A major part of diagnosis is psychological. The doctor will evaluate your attitude about sex, as well as other contributing factors like fear, anxiety, past sexual abuse, relationship problems, medications, alcohol or drug abuse, etc. to understand the underlying cause of the problem.
Most types of sexual dysfunction can be treated by addressing the underlying physical or psychological problems. Other common ways to treat sexual dysfunction are:
- By changing a medication which may be casing sexual dysfunction - If you have a sexual dysfunction due to hormone deficiencies, you may benefit from hormone shots, pills, or creams. Men can use Viagra or Cialis for erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis.
- Mechanical aids - Penile implants or vacuum devices can be used in men to maintain an erection. Vacuum devices are used in women too and so are dilators to help women who have an extremely narrow vaginal opening.
- Sex therapy - Marriage counselors and therapists help couples resolve their relationship issues that may be causing sexual dysfunction.
- Behavioral therapy - This helps you to seek insight into your behaviour which may be causing sexual dysfunction and address it.
- Psychotherapy - This type of therapy can help you resolve prior sexual trauma, feelings of inadequacy, anxiety, fear, or guilt, and poor body image. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!