Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima RadhakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Hi, my name is Monika Sangwan. My age is 33. Have a son of five year old (cesarean delivery). After delivery, I am not having my period in full, very less fluid is discharged. No spots during 3rd day even. Periods coming on time monthly Pls suggest.
I am a married female I suffer from white liquid with fish odor from my female organ. What is it and how to treat?
Calendula ointment or cream is Nature’s finest antiseptic. Available in most health food stores, made from marigolds, it promotes rapid healing and prevents wounds from turning septic.
My wife age 38 is suffering with diabetes,thyroid since last 2 years. She taking allopathic medicine. Would you suggest ayervedic medicine
Hai I have menstrual cycle of 35 days normally and it lasts for 5-6 days. This time I got 8 days earlier and it was brownish black discharge for first 2 days. It was very very little. From day 4, regular blood started coming and it is lasting for 6th day as of today and it has not yet stopped. Kindly reply what may be the cause. Any pregnancy symptoms or miscarriage. I am confused a lot. I was sexually active. Thanks in advance doctor.
Doctor after my period someday a transparent liquid is coming from my vagina. And also if my husband used to stimulate me then also it is coming. Can you tell me doctor is good and why it is coming.
Why there is burning sensation in the vagina after sex. My quest is why it is happen When I had intercourse wind by husband. After that whenever I pee there is a burning sensation. V use coconut oil as a lube. Plus ans.
Dear sexlogist. Mera wife ko sex mein sirf apni anus ko mera mouth se sucking karne ko bolta hai. Half a hour karo bolti hai woh. Main anus sucking roz karta hun. Hum dono ko acha lagta hai. Iss mein hum dono ko koi infection hoga kya. Agar anus sucking karu toh safe aur secure kaisa anus sucking mouth se kar sakta hain. Help me.
I was trying to conceive from last 5 months but didn't succeed. Now I was taking folic acid tablet which is filovite also. And also today I am down. Can you pls tell me how can I conceive faster.
Hi now am 7 weeks pregnant but in in ultrasound it showing only 5 weeks and heartbeat 109.Acutely mt periods irregular only ?
Hello doctor. My wife had undergone gastrectomy and under treatment. Is there any possibility that she can become a mother.?
I am 31 years old and I got married 6 yrd back. I couldn't conceive till now. In this month I got heavy pain in abdomen lower before in my menstruation cycle. In USG report doctor told me that I have 29 mm prominent cysts in my both ovaries and endometriosis thickness is 11 mm please advice me in this problem can I pregnant or not. And what the further treatment surgery or medicine.
My period was due on 26th nov. It was like 3 days late. I started getting period cramps on 29th but then I had sex that night and after that there's no cramps nothing. I am confused and worried both. What to do? We used protection. We had sex just after my periods got over last month. And also this month around 16-17 nov. All with protection. There's no chance of pregnancy right?
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.