Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima RadhakrishnanYour feedback matters!
I am 21 yr old female and I had unprotected intercourse on 25th september that is on 5 th day of my cycle but I took pills on the next day itself. I experienced irregular bleeding on 3, 4, 5 th of October n I again had sex on 5 th itself but this time condom was used. Now it is 2 November that is 12 days of missed periods n I conducted 2 urine pregnancy tests which were both negative. Please guide me whether I am pregnant or not n if not when will my periods start?
I have periods cycle of 24-38 days. L have abnormal facial and body hair growth.in usg no evidence of pcod, bt hormonal correction is recommended. My mother and her sisters have facial hair growth. I used ginnet 35 tablet for 9 months. Please suggest one medicine to treat this.
My wife is pregnant from 5 week. Ultrasound report baby heart beat 95 any problems please answer sir.
Hi Experts, Can anybody let me know what is the purpose of Susten 300 mg tablets. Currently my periods are missing and my doctor gave me to take this tablet. Please suggest! Thanks, Warm Regards, Shagufa.
I have sex with my gf 3 month ago with using condom. After that she have 2 month regular period, but this month period is 6 days late. So what is the problem.
I'm a 23 years old female. From some days I m experiencing burning sensation in my left nipple which occurs for a short period of time and then fades away. I also observed changes in my left nipple. Sometimes it becomes flat and on next day it raised above the surface of breast. The skin in the nipple becomes light pink. However, it becomes normal in some days, but appear light pink frequently. I also came across the breast pain in both breasts which also occurs for a short period of time and then fades away. One week before I experienced pain in armpit which fades away after some days. Is it normal or I have to seek advice from a doctor? Is it a sign of Breast cancer or Breast infection. I m very worried. please Help me out.
Malaria is a disease that is caused by the bite of a certain mosquito or protozoan parasite. This can attack the red blood cells and is mainly found in tropical as well as subtropical areas. Until recently, there was little chance of recovering from this ailment. Yet, in today's day and age of great medical advancement, it has become possible to cure a patient suffering from this disease with the help of timely and proper diagnosis. This disease becomes even more complicated and problematic when it affects pregnant women.
The ways in which this disease can be treated during pregnancy is as follows:
- Medication therapy: If woman is found to be suffering from this disease in the second or third trimester of their pregnancy, they may be prescribed artemisinin-based therapy. This therapy can be used only if the pregnant lady is not suffering from any other kind of complications like heart conditions, diabetes and high blood pressure, during the pregnancy. This medicine is short-acting, with artemether or artesunate,which can greatly reduce the number of parasites that may have invaded the red blood cells.
- Other antimalarials: The treatment of this disease for pregnant women can also be done with the help of other antimalarials, which should typically be prescribed and administered in a clinical setting. These also include quinidine gluconate which can be used in place of the IV quinine in order to bring down the number of parasites in the body. This will lessen the attack on the red blood cells to a great degree. Lumefantrine tablets may also be used in such cases. Also, the doctor will have to first try a test dose to ensure that the patient is not allergic to any of the elements or compounds of these medicines.
- Monitoring: Pregnant women suffering from malaria will need to get their blood samples tested on a regular basis. The blood smears will usually be tested daily to check whether the body is responding adequately to the treatment. This will also ensure that the doctor knows when to change the dose or the drug involved.
- Diet and exercise: The patient will be asked to stick to the normal diet and activity levels. Yet, care must be taken to avoid any situation where fatigue might set in, as this can aggravate the condition. One must also increase the intake of water to ensure that the body is always well hydrated. This helps the body in bouncing back to normal as the toxins are continuously flushed out, and the immunity system is better equipped to fight the disease causing parasites.
What causes viral diseases to spread?
Caused by the microorganisms called viruses, infections pertaining to these microorganisms are known as viral diseases. These diseases are different and diverse in nature as they are caused by a number of viruses. Among them, the common cold is the most known viral disease and occurs due to the infection of your upper respiratory tract, namely the nose and throat.
Other widespread viral infections are:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- shingles or herpes zoster (a viral infection that leads to the development of rash)
- viral pneumonia (a condition that occurs due to viruses that are responsible for flu and colds)
- viral hepatitis (inflammation of the liver that is caused by a virus)
- viral meningitis (viral infection wherein inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain occurs)
- rubella, mumps and measles
How do they spread?
These diseases are infectious and can easily spread from one person to another. When the microorganism enters your body, it begins to reproduce.
The many different ways that they can spread include:
- breathing in the germs present in airborne droplets when an infected person sneezes or coughs
- coming in contact with the body fluids of an infected person during sexual activity
- indirect contact with these microorganisms when you touched inanimate objects handled by an infected person
- viral infections can also spread through insect bites. Certain germs depend on insects as carriers such as ticks and mosquitoes for moving from host to host
- having virus-contaminated water or food is another way in which viral infection can spread from person to person. Such a mode of transfer enables the virus to spread among a large number of people
Iam 24 years old female. I have pcod problem and have complete irregular period. Iam a married women and worried that how can I get a baby. What should I do. How can I get ride of that. please help me.
My girl friend have irregular periods n vagina itching n pain too what is the reason can you suggest some solution.
Please suggest me how to avoid pregnancy naturally with out CP or condom ? I mean any way after or before periods .my wife is 23 years old.
Period k 11th day me lower abdomen pain ovulation ka symtrom Hain? Only Lowe abdomen pain not increase sex drive, not increase body temperature Ye Kya ovulation ho rha Hain, is time pregnancy k like perfect time?
My daughter is 15 years old and 5 years back she started having periods. She got her last period after 50 days and now it is again late. It was due on march 22 and today is 2 April. She has not not been having any such problem before this. Pls suggest.
Mere 14 Jan ko periods start hue the Maine 21 Jan ko unsafe sex kiya but discharge bahar kiya tha toh kya main pregnant ho sakti hu.
Working out and staying fit might be on your do to list every day. But honestly ask yourself how often do you actually check it off your list. Yes, you want to work out but there are other things which come first meetings, taxes, work, office, family etc. This busy life style really turns your whole system upside down, from sleeping to eating to exercising. But staying super healthy is just as important as your super busy lifestyle. Here are some tips that might benefit you!
Here's how you can remain fit and healthy despite your hectic-rushed-did I mention occupied-tiring routine.
Priorities and commitment:
The most important step is to prioritize and commit. The way you prioritize work and ensure its completion within the time frame you give yourself, the same way you must commit to your work out. If you don't have the time to hit the gym then use pre planned short work outs. Now days so many work out apps are also available. Not to forget the medieval (yet most efficient) means like walking, cycling, skipping etc. It's always better to choose something over nothing! you really don't need one whole hour of a vigorous work out; even half an hour is good enough. Circuit training is another great alternative to work out with a time crunch it raises the heart rate and strengthens the muscles win win situation!
Use various methods to exercise:
Consistency is essential. You can't work out for 2 days and expect to see results on the third day! no matter how busy your day might be, it's essential to exercise for at least half an hour everyday to achieve results. It is scientifically proven that our body takes 21 days to develop a certain habit; so after you push yourself for 3 weeks it will eventually seem normal. Your daily physical activity must be creative. Take the stairs to work or up to your house. Avoid lifts and use the stairs instead. Buy a treadmill or a cycle and keep it in the corner of your office or room to use whenever possible. Go for a walk on the golf course the day the weather is to die for. Use different methods of exercise to ensure that 30 minute daily dose!
Find fitness in every activity:
Prefer stairs in stead of lifts in your office. Try to walk after dinner, it'll help with the digestion and exercise. Try to squeeze in a walk during breaks and lunch. If possible you can even schedule a" walking meeting. Walk around terminals while waiting for your public transport. If you drive yourself then try to park far away so that you can walk just a little (this does add up to enough exercise eventually). Avoid fast food and drive in's, try to find a healthier food option. Try reading or watching tv while you walk on a treadmill or use a stationary cycle. Even our pets are becoming fatter, take your dog out for a walk to help both of you. It's little bits of exercise like this which will help you stay healthy and fit!
Walk is the best exercise:
Try to walk after dinner, it'll help with the digestion and exercise. Try to squeeze in a walk during breaks and lunch. If possible you can even schedule a" walking meeting. Walk around terminals while waiting for your public transport. If you drive yourself then try to park far away so that you can walk just a little (this does add up to enough exercise eventually). Avoid fast food and drive in's, try to find a healthier food option! try reading or watching tv while you walk on a treadmill or use a stationary cycle. Even our pets are becoming fatter, take your dog out for a walk to help both of you. It's little bits of exercise like this which will help you stay healthy and fit!
If you do end up missing your workout for whatever reason, then make sure you make up for it sometime during the weekend. Try to work out as much as you can during your breaks, even when you watch tv you could do some exercises during the commercial breaks. It's all about forming that mindset.
Like they say, where there's a will there's a way.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)
Can hymen is broken by menstrual cup or tampons? Or If they did not take properly or they do not know how to take?
Benefits of carom seeds (ajwain) for digestion, pain relief, and skin!
Carom is a prominent Indian herb that, apart from being used in cooking, comes loaded with many health benefits. Check out these unbeatable benefits you must have carom every day.
1. Cures acidity: powdered mixture of carom seeds, cumin seeds, and dry ginger powder relieves of acid reflux and acidity.
2. Treats constipation: carom seeds when consumed with lukewarm water help in treating constipation.
3. Relieves asthma: concoction of carom seeds helps in expelling mucus from the body and eases the condition of acute asthmatic patients. When consumed with jaggery, it effectively treats bronchitis.
4. Subsides renal pain: concoction of carom seeds helps in subsiding renal pains that may be due to an infection in kidneys or even liver.
5. Eases toothache: mix 1 teaspoon of carom oil with equal amount of clove oil. Floss your teeth and gums with this mixture to cure mouth odor, tooth ache or decaying.
6. Treats skin ailments: make a paste of carom seeds to apply over skin eruption, pimples, boils. This paste can even render relief to eczema patients.
7. Regulates pms: soak carom seeds over night and grind finely. Drink this to regulate scanty or excessive flow during PMS.
8. Benefits in arthritis: massage carom oil over painful joints and get relief from rheumatic pain.
9. Cures diarrhea: acute diarrhea can be easily cured with carom seeds. Prepare a brew of carom seeds to be consumed two times a day.
10: lightens facial scars: mix carom seeds powder with curd to be applied over acne scars. Follow this remedy consistently for 10 days and scars will start getting lighter.
11. Acts a mosquito repellent: mix carom seeds powder with mustard oil. Now smear this mixture over cardboard pieces and tie them at convenient places inside the room. This will keep irksome mosquitoes at bay.
12. Treats piles: the pain of piles can be effectively minimized by consuming carom seeds powder with buttermilk, seasoned with rock salt, after meals.
13. Enhances sexual ability: grind roasted carom seeds along with clarified butter and few tamarind kernels. Add 1 teaspoon of this powder to one glass milk with a dash of honey. Drink this every night. Over the time, this would enhance the sexual ability.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: 6 Kitchen Spices That Heal Big Time