Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prathap
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrathapYour feedback matters!
I'm epilepsy patient I want 2 know about my baby .I wanted 2 became mother. Will my baby born normal? I mean mere health se use koi problem to nahi hoga, pls given true advice. I need your help.
MRI of my brain shows that l have mild narrow arteries disease. Should I take Ecosprin 75 AV10 as advised by one neurologist and another asked to stop it since I developed severe leg pain in both legs?
Hello sir, My brother is suffering with shaking hands. He feeling shameful in front of friends and relatives, when he hold things like a tea cup while drinking. He used to shake his hands. Pls help out doctors how to get rid of shaking hands and he has smoking and masturbation habit.
Hello sir mein 4-5 month se head pain ho raha hai. Ankho par stress rehta h. Maine ishke liye eye specialist se concern kiya. Unho ne bola apke eye thik h. Mujhe bola apko migraine ki problem h.
Hi doc, I have a migraine problem. Since two years. I am suffering very much. In this my head pains a lot and it getting heavier so please suggest the solution.
Why and how does epilepsy starts Why does it come Which is the best medicine for it How much years should we wait for it to get cured.
My mother is paralised in right side at 01january 2015 at 8 pm. We are taking treatment continue till today. But we could not got recover setisfactory. Her right is not working and right leg is not working complitly beside this her right feet is swaling. Her treatment is tab. Complamina daily 3 times, ecosprin-75 daily 1, iron daily 1, multivitamins daily 1. After suggest what I can do/treatment.
Hi I am suffering of epilepsy Which type food should eat And Which types food should avoid And What should I do for relief 1. Epilex chrono 300 mg 8 am and 8 pm 2. Frisium 10 mg Sleep time.
Parkinson's disease affects the part of the brain that controls muscle movement. The exact cause of this disease is not known, but there is a decrease in a chemical called dopamine in the brains of people with Parkinson's. There is no cure for Parkinson's, but it often progresses slowly and the signs can be managed.
The 4 most common signs of Parkinson's are:
- tremors or shaking when at rest
- muscle stiffness
- slowed movement or problems starting a movement
- problems with balance and movement
As these signs worsen, you may also have trouble walking, talking, swallowing or doing simple tasks such as bathing or dressing. As the disease progresses, other signs such as pain, bowel or bladder problems and sleep problems may occur.
When you start to show signs of this disease, you should consult a neurologist for diagnosis and start medicines. Then you should consult a physiatrist or rehabilitation physician for making rehabilitation plan to prevent early onset of disability. Rehabilitation plan contains medicines, physical therapy or specific exercises, occupation-specific advises brace, etc.
The physical therapist can help you learn exercises that can help you with movements.
You may need to work with your neurologist or physiatrist to make adjustments in your medicines to keep your signs controlled. Over time, many people have side effects from the medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease. You may also need occupational therapy or speech therapy to deal with signs as the disease progresses. As your signs get worse, surgery may be an option to reduce tremors.
Things you can do to manage your signs:
- walk slowly with a straight posture and with your legs further apart.
- Think about taking big steps to help keep your steps more normal.
- use a 4-prong cane or a walker if needed.
- if you become stuck or freeze in one place, rock gently from side to side or pretend to step over an object on the floor.
- place tape strips on the floor to guide you through your house.
- Remove area rugs and furniture from your walking path.
- stand up from a chair or bed slowly to avoid feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
When using the bathroom
install grab bars on the walls beside toilets and inside showers and bathtubs to help you stand up.
- use a shower chair inside the shower.
- install an elevated toilet seat to make standing up easier after using the toilet.
- shave with an electric razor.
- wear loafers or shoes with velcro.
- wear simple dresses or pants with elastic waistbands such as sweatpants.
When eating or drinking:
- use a cup with a large handle to make it easier to hold.
- use a bowl instead of a plate to limit spills and make it easier to scoop up food.
- Work closely with your rehabilitation team to manage your signs of Parkinson's disease. Rehabilitation can significantly improve your quality of life.
The study says in conjunction with traditional treatment, music may be used as a novel intervention to help prevent seizures in people with epilepsy. It's been found significantly higher levels of brain wave activity in participants when they were listening to music and it's synchronised more with the music expecially in the temporal lobe than in people without epilepsy