Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prathap Kumar PaniYour feedback matters!
My grandma is 62 years old and her left side vein has become very thin. Doctor has suggested ngo past. Please tell me what to do now?
My father is suffering from loss of pneumatization with sclerosis seen in the right mastoid. Can you suggest me is it dangerous.
I am suffering from epilepsy and get attacks minimum twice a month. I am not getting a good result from the medicine prescribed to me currently. What can I do to get cured?
My father is not able to feel tissue of his palm, first it was with right hand but now he is having problem with left hand as well. When he close his fist and open, his two fingers don't open and has to do that manually to open his palm again. The sense of his both limbs are not responding as it should be. Please suggest us what we can do. Problem is increasing day by day.
Hello, I want to know the signs and symptoms of migraine! And the medicines available for it! I have severe headache problem!
Sir/madam, I am 35 years old and suffering from acidity (GERD) since 6 to 7 years and also suffer from migraine. Doctors told that migraine is due to acidity. I have consulted ayurvedic, homeopathic, allopathy doctors but not cured. Now I have been prescribed Pantocid DSR, Naxdom 250mg & betacap plus 10. I feel ok. How long can I continue the prescription? please suggest safe remedy.
I had a slip dics (due to lifting heavy article) some 3 years back. Even after rest and medication, I feel numbness in my lower limbs when I sit or stand for more than half hour. Doctors say this could be due to some nerve compression. Physiotherapy also has been tried.
I am 19 year old. I have a pain like nerve stretches in my lower back right side, I have no idea what kind of pain is this. When I work out the pain can feel easily and in the morning also but when I do nothing the pain will feel less. Due to this I feel uncomfortable all the time. This pain continues for 2 months what kind of problem is this and how can I overcome from this problem.
I regularly have headache and I have been told by doctor that I have migraine. Wanted to know is there any treatment by which I can cure it permanently?
Sir, My brain muscles are weak what type of food should I eat and any medicine in Ayurveda please help me sir.
Asperger's Syndrome or Asperger's Disorder is a neurotypical condition that affects the development of the child the effects of which continue into adulthood. This condition typically shows up as difficulties faced by the patient when it comes to social interactions as well as other nonverbal means of communication. It should not be confused with autism as the patient has no speech and cognitive development delay.
Asperger's syndrome can show up as restricted and repetitive patterns in the behaviour of the patient. It lies at the higher end of the autism spectrum and the signs are usually less obvious.
Here are a few ways with which you can effectively deal with someone who is suffering from this disorder:
- Routine: The patient suffering from this condition will need a certain kind of stability as it is very difficult to predict what will happen in the near future or to even plan for it. The best way to tackle this scenario is with the help of a proper routine that can help the patient achieve some kind of control over the situation surrounding him or her so that he or she is better equipped and more capable of handling normal functioning and social situations as well.
- Information: It is also a good idea to help these patients in looking at and in processing information. While normal people may easily be able to discard insignificant or unimportant information, the brain of the patient suffering from asperger's syndrome does not allow him or her to do so. In many cases, the patient is not able to filter the important and the unimportant information. This can debilitate many functions. So, it is important to be present to help the patient in making decisions and processing information that is actually relevant to his or her functioning.
- Learning: One of the most crucial things to remember with the Asperger's patient is that they tend to understand and process things when they have a visual presentation rather than being told verbally. So showing them things practically in the proper manner is the right way to help them learn and process situations in a correct way. This will prevent them from doing things in the same old way even when their brains tell them that it will lead to wrong results.
- Physical Abilities: Poor motor skills as well as lack of proper organisation skills are traits that usually characterise these patients. It is important to make them aware of this during games and activities that require management as well as use of social skills. For example, football and other such activities can be introduced in the routine. This will promote interaction with the team in order to play and enjoy the game.
Migraine is a severe headache affecting 1 or more in 10 people, and is basically caused by excessive stimulation of blood vessels. Indigestion, anger, stress, intake of salty and spicy food, excessive exposure to sunlight, skipping meals, tension headaches and alcohol are some common causes of this intolerable headache. Ayurveda has numerous effective remedies for migraine. Here are a few solutions to help you fight this problem.
- Shirolepa and shiro dhara are popularly used ayurveda treatments on all types of migraine patients. Shirolepa is the application of effective herbal pastes containing camphor, sandalwood, jatamansi and many more on the affected area. Shiro dhara is the process of pouring stream of thin to thick liquids over the scalp for a specified amount of time. These remedies are very commonly used and are known for their successful healing properties.
- Ayurveda presents to you a number of ancient herbs that guarantee you 100 percent relief from migraine. These may include bala, kumari, mallika, amalaki, sariva, yastimadhu, hareetaki and many more. These, when blended and mixed in appropriate quantities, give amazing results.
- Apart from these ayurveda treatments, a number of ayurveda medicines are also available. Godnati bhasma, Chandrakala rasa, Kamadugha rasa (mouktika yukta), Bhoonimbadi khada , Shirashooladi vajra rasa, Pathyadi khada are used in the treatment of various types of migraines.
- If due to some reason you are unable to access these ayurveda treatments and want immediate relief from the severe headaches, then don’t worry. There are a number of ayurveda home remedies that give you excellent results in a very short period of time. You can use an ice pack and rub it on your temples to reduce pain. Tinospora cordifolia, commonly known as giloy, can be taken with raw honey for instant relief.
- You can drop a few drops of paste of saffron and ghee into each of your nostrils and inhale deeply. This can give you amazing results and can reduce your intolerable pain. Applying sandalwood on forehead or a paste of black pepper, rice with bringaraaja juice on your forehead will do wonders to your migraine pain.
Thus, try to avoid things that trigger your pain including alcohol, caffeine, onions, beans, nuts, hunger, stress, pressure and many others, and follow these remedies to help you get rid of your headache that gets worse with time. Try not to skip meals and keep your body hydrated as much as you can. It is advisable to take the medicines and treatments under the guidance of an Ayurveda physician.