Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. PrathapYour feedback matters!
What are the adverse effects on the body of a young person who is working'night shifts on a regular basis? NB: it's effect mentally, physically, sexually on the body.
Hello please doctor help me thanks for help I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
I'm a 17 year old girl and I suffer from frequent mild headaches that stays for long. I feel giddy everyday when I lie down or sit down for a while and suddenly get up to some to go somewhere. I've been said that i've got migraine and I wear spectacles. What should I do?
Domestic chores, travelling, work pressure- keeping up to everyone’s demands everyday is undoubtedly exhausting. There are times in our lives when we feel we can’t manage our lives anymore. We find ourselves stuck in a web of anxiousness, irritability and forgetfulness that affects us negatively. Such times of stress have more or less become another extension of our daily existence. And, it definitely is slowly but steadily affecting our health.
Stress and High Blood Pressure
Stress is linked with high blood pressure. And with high BP, all other diseases like heart failure, kidney failure, and stroke are associated.
During times of stress, our blood pressure increases. Also, our heart rate shoots up very quickly. Our body produces certain hormones because of which our BP increases. These hormones also cause heart to beat faster and blood vessels to narrow down. This might seem like a temporary phase. But overtime the behavioral patterns linked to stress impacts our blood pressure levels negatively. It is believed that reaction to stress makes blood thicker and more viscous. This may in turn lead to blood clots.
Stress is the root cause of unhealthy and self destructive behavior. Common habits that people do to deal with stress include over eating, eating wrong kinds of foods, consuming alcohol, smoking, taking drugs, etc. One tends to neglect one’s health at times avoiding medications and all these factors contribute to hypertension — thus stress has an indirect effect on hypertension.
Generally, there are two kinds of Stress – Acute & Chronic.
Acute stress is when you are experiencing a very high level of stress for a short period of time. This usually happens due to a specific situation. At times of stress there is release of steroid hormones and the stress hormone Cortisol. These hormones cause increased heart rate and decreased blood vessel diameter which leads to increased blood pressure.
Chronic stress is the grinding stress that wears people down and stays for a long period of time. It can contribute to long term problems for the heart and blood vessels. When the stress response system is activated, this automatically affects other systems like increasing blood pressure, blood sugar levels and decreases immune response. The consistent and ongoing increase in heart rate, and the elevated levels of stress hormones and of blood pressure takes a toll on your health. This long-term ongoing stress thus increases the risk for hypertension, heart attack or stroke.
Stress Management to Reduce Hypertension
Repeated acute stress and persistent chronic stress are both conditions that need to be tackled and treated well in time. At times when you lose yourself completely in the heat of a stressful moment, unknowingly you are creating so much damage to yourself. During such instances take deep breaths, and just sit and first sort out in your head the cause of the outburst. Speak to someone you can trust and let the negative voice in you die down before you presume your work.
The first step to stress management begins with training your mind to take control of the situation and not become a victim of your own negative thoughts and emotions. With proper professional therapy and self-help tools you can lessen the negative effects of your daily pressure
I had an unsafe intercourse with my wife on last month. For a precaution taken ipill on the very next morning before 7 hrs. On that month period is OK. But this month due was on 11th and not yet come. Dr. is this happened for to consuming I pill or? Kindly reply me a solution soon.
Hi 18 year old female, n I have severe skin problems like dry skin, not all over the face, but only specific spots like where there was a pimple sometime or so. I have a severe problem of acne too. N my acne spots are not at all curing.
Steps to maintaining a healthy self-esteem
1. Seek to know and understand yourself
2. Be aware of things that trigger changes in your mood
3. Be aware of people who undermine your calm, who shake your confidence, and who love to bring you down
4. Know how to soothe and relax yourself
5. Be patient with your struggles and expect to sometimes fail
6. Develop a few friendships with good friends who really care
7. Know where you want to go and get from this life
8. Set yourself some goals, and think through steps to take you there
9. Do something for others, and be gentle, warm and kind
10. Be kind to yourself, and practice self-love and self-care.
Male impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a common condition that most frequently affects older men. Unless the problem is psychological, the inability to achieve or maintain an erection is due to insufficient blood supply to the penis, not a lack of sexual arousal. Herbs such as ginger may help. However, since impotence may signal a more serious disorder, including cardiovascular disease or diabetes, check with your doctor before pursuing self-treatment.
Kathi Keville and Peter Korn, authors of "Herbs for Health and Healing," contend that poor circulation may cause impotence in men because damaged or impaired blood vessels simply fail to fill with blood and expand. They also say that certain herbs, such as ginger, may help to increase dilation in blood vessels and improve circulation.
Aroma and Flavor
In his book, "Herbal Aphrodisiacs from Around the World," Clarence Meyer says that the same agents that lend ginger its medicinal properties are also responsible for stimulating arousal due to the warm, spicy scent and taste they impart. In fact, in Asian and Arabic cultures, the fragrance of ginger alone is regarded an aphrodisiac. Ginger is even referenced in the "Kama Sutra," the ancient Indian Hindu text dedicated to the art of giving and receiving sexual pleasure.
Ginger moxa is a therapy used in Chinese medicine to treat impotence that marries the properties of ginger with practice of moxibustion, a technique that involves burning selected herbs at various acupuncture points along the body. Usually, the herb of choice is mugwort, the leaves of which are rolled into a "moxa stick" much like a cigar. With ginger moxa, a thick slice of ginger becomes the insulation between the moxa stick and the skin. The ginger is pierced with a few small holes into which the moxa sticks are placed, and the sticks are allowed to burn down just far enough to produce perspiration and redness on the skin. The procedure is typically repeated several times in succession.
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings
Hello, My face is becoming so oily and becoming dull day by day. It also having too many pimples. Please suggest what should I do and tell me please why this is happening.
Hello sir I m gora Hansda nd my age 23 some after time ago I have a pimple problem but now pimple are gone but the leaves black spot in my face. please sir tell how I m vanished the black spot.
My age is 58, male – diabetic, hypertension, thyroid, cholesterol --taking Metformin, ramipril, Synthroid, Pravastatin respectively. Latest – LIPID profile shows- cholesterol = 3.64 ref 4.20-5.20, Triglycerides = 0.63 ref 0.60-2.30, HDL cholesterol =1.16 ref >=0.91 ALL UNITS ARE mmol//L, Total HDL cholesterol ratio-- 3.1, LDL Calculated =2.19 mmolL reF- 2.20- 3.40, FASTING 11 hours, 1. Specialist showing – Hypercholesterolemia—please guide – with this what does it mean? 2. Does concern is serious, family doctor never explained about these results. 3. Few months now getting eye pain, what do you think this may be due to these results, using Fluorometholone 0.1 % ophl susp, for last over two months, should I continue this, or consult eye specialist? Suggest.
Having pain in my throat and my ear. Also there is pain at middlebof throat am notvable to eat anything. S.
My hand keeps shaking I do not have a stress related problems I have good diet then why is it shaking nor do I consume alcohol once in a month and one cigarette per day what should I do and is there any exercise for it.
I am 23 male, I think I am suffering from jock itch, I have tried medicine like'flucanazole'and many ointments like fourderm, quadriderm, itch guard etc, but it's not getting cured it's relieving but after few days later itch starts in new place and forms ring like I said like jock itch, having this problem for last 3-4 months.
Briefing on Nerve and Brachial Plexus injury and their treatment