Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashantha Kesari
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashantha KesariYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you.
There are many changes that take place in our face and body as we start ageing. While the face starts to show the signs of ageing earliest-in the form of wrinkles and fine lines as well as a sagging chin and neck, the effect of ageing on the body might be slightly late. The skin may sag or you may end up putting on weight in various parts of the body like upper arms, which may look unsightly and bring down your level of confidence as well. Signs of ageing can often make you shy away from living your life to the fullest.
For the sagging upper arms, one can always get a procedure called an Arm lift. This is also called a Brachioplasty. This is a cosmetic procedure that can be conducted to tighten the skin of the arms from the elbow upwards. Let’s see how this procedure works.
What does it do?
- Excess fat tends to accumulate in both arms togather with weight gain. Person face laxity in this area after massive weight loss or with body ageing.
- Arm Lift is a surgical procedure to tighten the skin in the arms through the removal of excess fat deposits as well as skin.
Who can opt for this surgery?
Any person who is medically fit having arm disfigurement can opt for this procedure. Patients who have signs of ageing or excessive weight gain are the best candidates for this kind of surgery. Also, it may be used by the patients who are suffering from sagging skin after losing a great deal of weight which may lead to an appearance of bat’s wings on the sides.
How is this procedure conducted?
This surgical procedure is conducted by a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon. It’s a day-care procedure. The doctor begins by marking the various areas of concern having excess fat and flabby skin. Thereafter, the doctor proceeds to remove the excess skin so that the arms are tightened getting more youthful look. This is done under anaesthesia to make patient pain-free. The skin that is removed is usually shaped like an ellipse. In many cases, there may be a need to conduct a liposuction if the patient has excess fat as well. Once the excess skin has been removed, skin edges are approximated with meticulous sutures with various Plastic Surgery techniques.
Recovery usually takes 5-7 days. Person can resume routine activities from very next day. Sometimes you might be advised a pressure garment for better outcome.
Are you bored with how your skin appears? Well, there are techniques to give it a new life. Your skin’s natural baby look can be back with techniques like chemical peels. It is a technique that can improve the appearance of your skin. A chemical solution is put on the skin. It causes the skin to exfoliate and later beef off. The new skin looks smooth and it is free from wrinkles. The new skin is more sensitive to the sun on a temporary basis. There are three types of chemical peel:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: In this technique, alpha-hydroxy acid or some mild acid is made to penetrate into the outer layer of skin. This exfoliates the skin. It helps to deal with mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is put on the skin so as to penetrate the middle layers of skin. It removes damaged skin cells. The treatment is used for improving age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layer of the skin. It will help in removing moderate lines, and shallow scars.
What must be done before considering a chemical peel?
It is always advisable to consult a dermatologist first before taking up the decision to try a chemical peel.
What are the skin flaws that can be treated by chemical peels?
Chemical peels are used for treating a number of skin problems, including the following ones:
- Acne scars
- Ageing skin
- Crow's feet
- Sun damaged skin
- Sagging skin
Who should not take up a chemical peel?
It is generally believed that light-haired and fair-skinned people can go for chemical peels. It doesn’t go well with dark-skinned patients. It is also not recommended for people living with some infection.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With all the modern day angst about looking our best at every point of time, we are growingly laying greater emphasis on skin care. More and more surgical as well as cosmetic age defying skin treatments are emerging which endows your skin with a new leash of life. As they say 50 is the new 20. With the barrage of products and therapies available these days, we no longer need to be worried about the blatant signs of ageing appearing on our skins or in our lives for that matter. It's easy to look as fresh and rejuvenated as your younger self with the help of these skin repair techniques. While some of them may entail a proper surgical procedure, others can resolve skin issues in a more natural manner. In that regard, Thread Lift has assumed widespread popularity in the context of face correction.
Thread Lift is essentially the use of threads or sutures for the purpose of voluminizing, lifting and contouring of skin. It also is effective in stimulating collagen production.
It involves placing the sutures, made from permanent and absorbable materials, under the skin which then acts as suspension cables holds the skin in place and fortifies it against the effects of aging and gravity.
The benefits of a thread face lift are many. While it does not involve a full surgery, the effects of a thread face lift are fairly conspicuous and unmistakable. It retains the natural look and texture of the skin while imparting the desired restoration.
Thread lifts are extremely effective for recreating the youthful charm despite the damaging impacts of age. Some of the areas where thread lifts work well are brows, jowls, cheek and the neck area. This is very impactful in obtaining the desired contouring of the skin. It also adds volume to the wrinkled and the sagging regions of your face. You may also use the thread lift technique for the other gravity affected body parts like breasts, bottoms and upper arms.
Thread lifts are risk free methods to regain the radiant glow of the youth, without the stress of a surgery. They are also quite tenable, given that a face lift can easily last for a span of 5 years. Thus, for all those planning to bid adieu to the facial asymmetry that arises due to gravity and age, Thread Face Lifts are the go to therapies for them.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Like good health and youth, most of us take our locks for granted, until they're gone. For many people, a hair transplant can help bring back what looks like a full - or at least a fuller - head of hair.
A hair transplant is a procedure in which a dermatological surgeon moves hair to a bald area of the head. The surgeon usually moves hair from the back or side of the head to the front or top of the head. Hair transplants typically occur in a medical office under local anesthesia.
Receiving a hair transplant can improve your appearance and self-confidence.
Good candidates for a hair transplant are:
- men with male-pattern baldness
- women with thinning hair
- anyone who has lost some hair from a burn or scalp injury
Hair replacement isn't a good option for:
- women with a wide-spread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp
- people who don't have enough 'donor' hair sites from which to remove hair for transplant
- people who form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) after injury or surgery
- people whose hair loss is due to medication like chemotherapy
- Planning and Assessment before the Operation.
- Harvesting Methods: The patient is sedated using mild sedation and local anaesthesia after which the transplantation is performed. Common hair transplant methods to choose from are:
- Follicular unit transplant (FUT)
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
- Strip Harvesting
- Robotic hair restoration
Care Post Operation:
After the surgery, your scalp may be very tender. You may need to take pain medications for several days. You will be prescribed an antibiotic or an anti-inflammatory drug to take for several days. Most people are able to return to work 2 to 5 days after the operation. The treated area should be protected from the sun.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary Incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences.
Body molding and contouring is one of the ways in which one can tweak and create a more pleasant appearance. There are several cosmetic and other types of procedures that can help in this regard. Mesotherapy is one of the few non-invasive, body molding techniques that includes infusing greasy tissues with extraordinary mixes and combinations. This comprises of plant concentrates, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and catalysts that work together to separate fat cells and dispense with the cells from the body actually. The infusion additionally contains sedatives and solutions to diminish any pain that may be experienced during the procedure.
Procedure: With mesotherapy, a series of injections are administered just underneath the surface of the skin. These injections can be administered to the thighs, hindquarters, knees and guts. Within a matter of days, the fat cells start to separate and dissipate. These injections have homeopathic and other pharmaceutical properties and qualities built into them for a winning combination.
This procedure has a number of benefits in terms of the way it is carried out. Mesotherapy offers a few advantages for individuals that would prefer not to experience surgery to lose a couple ""vanity"" pounds.
- It is a non-invasive surgery that does not require hospitalization or painful incisions and cuts on the body for administration of the elements.
- It does not require general anesthesia, which makes it a simpler process in terms of recovery.
- This procedure can easily be performed on an outpatient basis so that the patient is able to go back home soon after the procedure.
- It delivers even results throughout the body due to proper distribution of the medication.
- It gives rise to better dissemination and blood flow in the treated territory.
- It also prevents muscle fits.
- Offers dependable results depending on the whether or not the individual maintains a proper diet and lifestyle.
Things you should remember before opting for it
Mesotherapy too has some risks associated with it, so it is imperative to cast a glance on them and discuss the same with the doctor.
- Smoldering sensation can be experienced during and after the technique.
- Redness and swelling for a few days after the system
- It can become an expensive affair.
- Some wounds may be expected.
- One may experience allergic reactions to the chemicals and mixes infused.
- Danger of disease at the infusion site.
- Probability of perpetual swelling and irregularities under the skin.
- Unnecessary disturbance and irritation of the skin and its tissues.
Cosmetic surgery is not restricted to the top half of your body. Today along with facelifts and breast implants, butt implants are also gaining popularity. This procedure is also known as gluteal augmentation. Butt implants are usually made of silicone. These soft, solid structures are implants under the gluteus maximus muscles and above the pelvic bone through an incision. The incision is typically made in the butt crease so that it is less noticeable. Here are a few others things you should know about butt implants:
- It is performed under anaesthesia: Butt implant surgery may be performed under local or general anaesthesia and usually takes anywhere between 2 to 7 hours. However, this procedure is usually an outpatient procedure and no hospitalisation is required.
- It takes time to recover: After the procedure, you will probably notice swelling and tenderness in the area. In most cases, the patient is advised to wear a compression garment for a few days after the surgery. This should resolve itself in about 4-6 weeks but complete recovery can take up to 8 months. This is because the tailbone muscles are cut during the procedure.
- The effects are permanent: Silicone implants can last a lifetime and hence the results of this surgery are permanent. With time the body’s natural tissues merge with the implant. However, in some cases, the implant may slip with time causing an asymmetrical appearance. This can be corrected through a follow-up surgery.
- Anyone can get a butt implant: Butt implants are typically used for people with a flat posterior, but you don’t necessarily need to have a skinny frame to undergo this procedure. Also, there are no size or weight limitations to getting the procedure.
- It is customisable: Butt implants can be customised to suit the person’s size and frame. A surgeon will typically take into account the shape of the patient’s pelvic bone and natural butt contours to create a butt implant that enhances the patient’s frame and does not look unnatural.
- There are risks: Complications are rare but possible with this surgery. Making an incision under the butt crease reduces its visibility but increases the risk of infections. There is also a risk of allergic reactions to anaesthesia. Other possible side effects include pain, discomfort, nerve damage and reduced sensitivity.
- They do not feel completely natural: Silicone butt implants may feel harder than normal tissue and at some angles may not look very natural remove these and post more of positive aspects.
Most men, about 60%, see some development of breast tissue in their lifetime. This growth could be round, symmetrical and occurs bilaterally. This growth of breast tissue in males is medically known as gynecomastia.
- The most common cause is an imbalance between the oestrogen and androgens, with excessive oestrogens leading to the growth of breast tissue.
- Excessive use of anabolic steroids
- Unknown reasons
It can affect men of all ages, and if this presents as a serious problem, then surgery is the most definitive form of treatment.
Surgical options: There are two major options available for correcting gynecomastia – liposuction and excisive surgery.
- Done either under local sedation or under general anaesthesia depending on the extent of the tissue proliferation
- A small incision is made either in the armpit or around the areola
- Excessive fat tissue and breast gland tissue are suctioned out
- The chest contour also is altered at the same time, if desirable
- Post-surgery, the person is made to wear a compression garment for the first few days
- This helps in keeping the tissue in place and also helps reduce swelling
- Healing takes about a couple of weeks’ time, depending on the person’s overall health status and the extent of surgery.
- This is done when the extent of gynecomastia is more severe
- These people would have sagging, stretched skin around the breast area
- More amount of fat and glandular tissue can be removed through excision
- This is more often done under general anaesthesia
- The incision is often done around the areala (dark portion around the nipple) so it is concealed or along the natural creases which are formed due to excessive breast tissue
- Excessive breast tissue is removed and the incisions are closed
- There could be swelling, pain, bruising, and higher chances of post-surgical infections
- Recovery will take about ten days to two weeks
- Refraining from exercise is often advised for up to 2 weeks
- Restore a masculine appearance
- Shorter surgery
- Faster recovery
- Minimal or invisible scars
- Almost immediate results that can be dramatic
- Improved confidence and self-image
After the surgery:
- Surgery is definitely a sure way to remove the male breast tissue, it is almost a permanent treatment for this condition.
- It is very important to get a trained, experienced surgeon for the procedure
- It is important to follow post-op instructions including pain management, infection control, and recovery
- If it was caused by use of steroids or obesity, lifestyle modification is essential to prevent recurrence
With the current self-obsession of the need to look good all the time, acne is seen as a major problem by the teenagers and adolescents. It is related to the hormonal changes but also aggravated by food habits. During their active phase, acne causes a lot of pain and burning. There is a constant tendency to pick at them to get rid of the pain and the itching.
They dry over a period of time and leave scars which are not as painful but are esthetically a major concern. For someone with oily skin who are more prone for developing acne, these scar marks could be very traumatic emotionally.
There is good news for these people as cosmetic advancements give multiple options for getting rid of these scars. Read on to know some of the most effective ones.
- Laser: A beam of light is aimed at the scar tissue, which does not affect the surrounding tissue but gets rid of the scar tissue. In addition to acne, laser is used in multiple skin ailments (whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, etc.) There is an intense bacterial presence in the acne, and when the laser beam is aimed at the acne, the bacteria are killed. This also reduces further incidence of acne and amount of sebum produced. The number of sittings required would depend on the severity of acne, and most people would require 2 to 3 sittings for complete removal of the scars.
- Photofacials: The outer layer of the skin (epidermis) is cooled and the inner layer (dermis) is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen and fibrous tissue, which replaces the acne tissue, giving a fresher, youthful look.
In both cases, remember to:
- Avoid use of irritants like perfumes and deodorants in the affected area
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Avoid exposure to harsh sun for about a week prior to the procedure
- Avoid medicines which increase the risk of bleeding, aspirin for instance
Post treatment: In both treatments, the skin may appear red, swollen, and inflamed for the first day. There also may be a prickly sensation, similar to a sunburn. Cool packs or moist cloths and a good moisturizer can be used to soothe the skin. Avoid makeup until the skin is back to normal appearance. Depending on the type of skin and acne, the appearance will take about weeks to months after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced pain
- Completed in one appointment
- Reduced recovery time
- Can be clubbed with other acne therapy modes
- Good results with reduced recurrence and sebum production
With so many advancements, acne marks are sure to go away!