Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth Y VYour feedback matters!
Good treatment I got
I am 19 years old. I am having pain in my neck. I am not feeling well. I am also feeling serious head ache. What should I do?
My uncle is suffering from diabetes and blood pressure from 2 years. What are the Basic Steps or precaution to be taken in his health matter, What is your suggestion?
Im still searching for my. Ans but I will not find anyone. Just let me know that Viagra is consumable or. Not while sex?
Hi dr, I have itching sensation close to the tip my penis foreskin and also the scrotum. My penis foreskin and glans are always dry. I don't indulge in any sexual activity except masturbation. Please advise.
I'm 15 years old at the age of 11 I started masturbating now I'm feeling unconscious because my hair s are falling from front I'm getting bald and fuzzy vision and weak memory can please say me how to become good again.
Mujhe khashi or jhukam h uske liye maine medicine le per abhi thek nahi hua h please koi medicine bataye.
I'm 25yrs old & unmarried girl. I have diagnosed with pcod since 9yrs and I get periods only in case where I consume tablets. My height is 151cm & 63kgs. Doctor suggested me to reduce weight to cure my pcod problem. Is this true? or do I have any other way to solve my problem so that there won't be any problem in conceiving after marriage. Please help me!
I am a 25 yr old male and I get this severe stomach pain in regular intervals and at night I get a severe pain in the head. I am losing my appetite slowly too. What should I do?
I am 19 years old. I have a bad habit of masturbating since last four years. Kindly tell me the bad and good effects of masturbating.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.