Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth.VYour feedback matters!
Is it safe to use nasal sprays for blocked nose like otrivin, nasivion, meta spray, azeelfo etc Regularly.
Hello I am suffering from throat problems for few years. Always thought is swells always feels there is something in through. Cough issues nose are almost blocked all the time.
I have sore throat from last 20 days..Had Azithromycin and Amoxy-Clauv antibiotics..It has improved a bit but not yet normal..What should I do?
Hi, I had middle ear infection. Now the fluid has drained, but the tinnitus which came up at the time of the infection has not gone. It's the buzzing sound in the ear. Kindly advise.
Our ears are small in size, but ‘big’ in the work they do. Not only do they help us hear, but also help us maintain our body’s balance. They thus help us stand, walk, drive…you just name it.
Ears are also much bigger in size than they actually are. The part of the ear that we see on our head is only the external ear, there is a middle ear and an inner ear too, silently carrying out complex functions related to hearing and balance. The middle ear that lies behind your ear drum is the seat of balance. And this part is hit hard at the time of an ear infection.
Ear infections cause the Eustachian tubes – small tubes that connect the middle ear to the back of your throat – to become swollen and blocked due to excess mucus. As a result of this, fluid builds up and inflammation takes root in the middle ear, thereby causing pain.
Ear infections can be acute or chronic. Acute infections clear up in a few days, but chronic ones reoccur frequently. If not managed, chronic ear infections can cause permanent damage to the middle and inner ear.
Causes of Eustachian tube blockage are as follows:
- Sinus infection
- Extreme production of mucus
- Infected adenoid, which is a tissue near your tonsils that traps harmful bacteria and viruses
There are a few risk factors associated with ear infections. It can be said that young children are more susceptible to these infections. This is because their Eustachian tubes are short and narrow. It has also been seen that infants who are bottle-fed have a higher incidence of ear infections than breastfed babies.
Other risk factors are:
- Changes in altitude
- Changes in climate
- Exposure to tobacco smoke
- Use of pacifiers
Symptoms of ear infections:
- Pain or discomfort inside the ear
- A prolonged feeling of pressure inside the ear
- Pus-like ear drainage
- Hearing loss
What is also important to know is that the symptoms of an ear infection come and go.
Symptoms can also occur in one or both ears. Chronic ear infection symptoms can be less noticeable than those of acute ear infections.
Hence, fever and ear ache should spur you to consult a doctor. You should be extremely careful with babies younger than six months who have fever or ear infection symptoms.
Your doctor will diagnose an ear infection by checking if there is a draining of fluid from the middle ear, perforation in the eardrum or a collapsed eardrum.
Sometimes, ear infections can lead to the following serious complications:
- Hearing loss
- Speech or language delay in children
- An infection in a skull bone called mastoiditis
- Ruptured ear drum
I have been experiencing white patches in the mouth (under the tongue) and throat discomfortability for 8 years now. Aslo a cough with expectoration what could be that?
Hello. I am 17 year old. I am suffering from ear problem. There is some white liquid like resha. I got operated but no good response. What should I do?
I am an 18 years old girl, I have obesity issues for many years (70 kg). Recently my palm, fingers are seen to tremble and sometimes I lose control while walking I feel dizzy sometimes when I stand on my foot. Without even doing much heavy work I get pain in shoulder or elbow joints. What should I do?
I am sourav mondal, height is 5ft 5 inches. I have a problem in my length and back. Nowadays I can't run quickly as much as I could. Actually in my nose a small defect I have observed. That is one side of nose is slightly curve so that I can't take breath properly by one whole. So what kind of treatment can I apply? I want to perfect solution for my problem.
Snoring and hence not able to sleep continuously even for an hour. The body weight is high and hence no peace of mind, not able to have focus on any work. Being a widower and a father of 5 years old, there is absolute lack of peace.
- Homeopathy is one of the popular alternatives that have proved successful in the treatment of both mild and severe snoring.
- Extra tissue in the throat can vibrate as you breathe in air in your sleep, causing you to snore. People who are overweight, obese often have extra bulky throat tissue. Genetic factors that can cause snoring include extra throat tissue as well as enlarged tonsils, large adenoids, long soft palate or long uvula.
- Most of the homeopathic cures for snoring break down the mucus, reduce the inflammation in the nasal passages, clear up the lungs and prevent colds that can have an adverse effect on snoring. Most of the herbs used in the preparation of homeopathic snoring cures reduce the swelling in the throat and nasal pathways helping you breathe better and sleep well.
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.