Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old. I experience the edge to frequently urinate at night when in bed. I feel pressure (uncomfortable sensation) on my bladder but passes on small amount of urine. I have been tested negative for uti. This problem is common when am lying down in bed but less common when am up and going out in the night. Sometimes I have a light pain coming from somewhere around genital or may I say pelvic area. I have experience this pain when I ejaculate as well coming from the right side of my pelvic area. I dont experience any pain on my testicles.
Hi, my wife has diagnosed urinary tract infection (klebtova oxytoka) recently. After the next day I also having the same symptoms. So I myself have my urine for culture test. But the test result gives me normal result. Then I went to doctor I show my result and explain my situation. He gave me Leon 500 mg tablet and list and complete-td. I asked him the reason behind my burning sensation while urinating. He said it's called honeymoon bladder infection and it will be cure soon. And I took my medicine last 3 days still I feel some very little burning sensation. So please let me know how long it'll take to normalize my infection.
I am 20 years old, male. I am getting yellow urine from few month. I am not feeling any other problem. Can you tell me what should I do.
I am 29 years old male, and having prostate problem, can you please tell me the reason of this disease and what I should avoid in future. Please advise medicine and food supplements.
I am a 65 years old male. Recently I was diagnosed to be suffering from prostate gland (frequent urination) and the doctor advised me to go for an operation. Kindly tell me a treatment without operation is possible or not.
My both kidney had stone, in left side 4.2mm -4.8mm and right side 4 mm-3.6mm. Some time had little pain in right back side. In this condition need to take medics?
I am 24 years old. Any doctor asked me to get urine test. N results showed that I had mild pyruia . Pus cells so what time it will take to get rid of dis situation. Doctor gave me medicines n asked me to have plenty of water. So you please tell how much time it ll take to get cured.
Sir l have problem with night falls and repeated urine problem with burning sensation please suggest me what type of medicine should I take and food items to clear this problem please kindly help. I have consulted a doctor and I explained a problem of repeated urination only but not about night fall please give me better suggestions. I will be thank full to you for replying me.
I am suffering from kidney stones since last 5 years in both kidney. So please help me with good quality medical treatment. SHARIQ HASAN SH.
I have cough kidney problem and I'm taking Ace inhibitors and my bp is 190/100 I want to change my drug please suggest me a drug.
I am 22 yo and I am suffering from urinary incontinence since last 4-5 years. I have gone through kidney scan and have taken lots of vitamin tablets as suggested by many doctors. But still no use. Can anyone suggest me some natural ways of overcoming it. Thank you in advance.
Hello doc. M 25 unmarried girl. Actually mere hips k beech me anus k pass ek dana ho gya h. Jo ki thoda bada h n wo dabane pe thoda guilty type h. M very depressed what to take. Suggest any ointment or any med Jo use sukha de. I dnt have my mother. She got expired before 3 years. N seems to father abt this prblm is awkward. Please help.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which is caused by loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson’s disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured. There are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as they boost the strength of your pelvic muscles.
- You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in containing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking and treatment of an enlarged prostate are also used as blocked by prostate lead to bladder irritation. Now-a-days, more than 80% cases of incontinence in males respond well to medications.
Surgery may be the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options depend on the cause of incontinence. If it is because of obstructing prostate, prostate surgery by TURP / HOLEP is curative. If it is because of bladder overactivity, BOTOX injection in bladder is useful. If it is TRUE incontinence after radical prostate surgery then treatment include a male sling or artificial urinary sphincter implantation. In sling operations, a type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. In Artificial sphincter implantation, a cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A Interstim device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
I am 37 year old male. From last 6 months approx, I am suffering from a problem of frequent urge of urination. When I go for urination, quantity of urine is very less. After few mins again I urge for urination but very less quantity of urine passed out. Please suggest what is the issue.
I suspect that I have glomerulonephritis as I having Rbc 25-30hpf and Protein 15 mg/dl in urine, But My Ultrasound and CT Scan is Normal, Did U/S and CT can diagnose glomerulonephritis or not? Or I need other test to diagnose glomerulonephritis? Thanks.
My wife has got stone 7.5 mm in both kidneys, her age is 51, we live in ahmedabad, gujarat Her other problems r diabetic and high B
Hello doctor! My mother have problem she excrete more than normal amount of urine she disturbs in the night. Some times itching. She become lethargic, weak. Is it a symptom of diabetes insipidus?
Kidney stone formation is the most common kidney disease, and people who have had it, would immediately be reminded of the severe pain (loin to groin) in the back.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.