Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth NrYour feedback matters!
Since two years I am facing premature evacuation . Like 10 strokes and it's done. I am in good activities smoke occasionally.
I am 40 years female, I have two daughter one is completed graduation just now and another passed madhyamik. My tension for education of both and other hand ist daughter fallen love with a boy which I dislike.
After drinking alcohol he feels as if he his body is someone else's. So what should he do? Should he STOP drinking?
Dear doctor we have come to know that estrogen (estradiol) supply to brain may boost neuron plasticity and regeneration. Please help us by advising the way to supply this female hormone that can cure schizophrenia and the dose. We will be highly obliged and thankful to you.
Why do I get the "final destination" feeling when the flight sit in takes off? Do movies really play a part in a person's mind psychologically?
How to control my emotions ,every time I think about my situation it gives more n more pain to me. Presently everything is normal I feel scared .I know that as time goes on everything will back to normal but whenever I discuss this with my boyfriend either that time he is scared or angry or emotional or me how to control myself how to overcome it.
I want to concentrate on studies. I study at night and all will be forgot on next day in school. If I got the first word or sentence then I can able to get the full para which I taught. All the time I need to by heart the first sentence to get the full of. Is there any remedy?
In order to determine whether a person is having a drug problem, there are several signs, which can be interpreted to know about the exact drug abuse state of a person. Drug abuse requires immediate attention before it becomes more problematic. There are several patterns and stages of drug use that have been listed below:
- Hard drug use: Heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine fall under the category of hard drugs and are the most dangerous drugs. There are severe effects on the health and behavior of a user of hard drugs. Some people use these kinds of drugs for recreational purposes, but some can get addicted just after using them once. Such people usually isolate themselves from society and possess a high-risk behavior.
- Frequent drug use: Frequency alone cannot determine whether a person is addicted to a certain drug. Some people may take drugs only once and twice a week, but still suffer from acute addiction. Frequency of drug use may indicate tolerance and a person may require more with each day. Frequent drug users usually keep on continuing the habit and it is hard for them to quit.
- Early drug use: Some people start taking drugs at an early age during adolescence, and they are likely to develop severe drug problems later in life. People who take drugs before the age of fifteen turn out to be addicts as they grow up. The earlier a person uses drugs, the earlier he becomes addicted. Early drug use is a common phenomenon in today's world.
- Solitary drug use: Using drugs and addictive substances while a person is alone may result in fatal addiction and various problems in life. Teenagers using alcohol, marijuana and cigarettes are prone to serious drug problems during adulthood. Solitary drug users are usually poor in studies and have a violent or abusive behavior.
- Escapist drug use: Many people use drugs for dealing with stress, several problems in life or for building self esteem. These are used as a substitute for escapism, which allows a person to escape from reality to a place where nothing bothers them and they can be at peace. Such people are likely to develop drug problems. Some people may experiment with drugs just for the sake of trying, but slowly they may like it and get addicted. This causes several problems in life, and a drug problem arises. Such drug problems may affect the health in many severe ways.
Drugs are used in several patterns. All people do not use drugs in the same pattern and frequency. The pattern of drug use by a person lets the doctor determine the level of drug abuse he is on, or if he is addicted.
Unnecessarily I'm getting anxious and thereby I'm losing my weight for a few weeks. What to do? What's the danger of anxiety? Does thyroid problem occur because of anxiety,
How can I over come anxiety? Is anxiety a problem or is it safety,? Iam feeling pain in chest when iam anxietic, and unable to breath.
Hi Dr. I am 29 year old and I had masturbation habit since when I was 14th age also I do smoke but 2-3 per day but not regular. Now sometimes I feel I couldn't understand things what happening surrounding me and I feel I lost my memory for some time. When I feel like this I really get worried and go to wash room and I do wash my head after I come to normal. Since last 1 and half year it's happening. Kindly let me know why it's happening and how will I get rid from this. Is it a genetic issue as my father was a memory loss patient. Will it cause any serious issues in my feature. I am married and also have a 3 month baby .
Hello sir , First of all I tell you my previous exprience I got molloscum contragiscum on mg pennies I consult the doctor and he remove all pimple on my pennies and he write 3 test 1.) HIV ELISE test and I got 0.46 negative in december end I thik 30st dec. 2.) TPHA test also same result non reactive 3.) I think not sure infection test to find the grad of virus but also same result. My problem is that I do unprotected sex in May starting and I got pimple I think october middle and november starting and also I do unprotected sex in november 2014. And come on present day. I suffering rash and aching on my body december end and not small rash it bigg rashes and I got again two pimple on my pennies thay look like mollocscum contagiscumanf my immune system is also weak so it is possible hiv is play the role tell me in detail I am in depression totally and please sir snd me your number for I consult you but in delhi. please some body tell I safe and I am not come under hiv.
When I stand after sitting for some minutes, I will feel like fainting. What may be the reason doctor.
My father having leg pain due to inflammation of bone near toe.On consultancy it is due to excess of uric acid presence in body.Please consult the remedy as due to this father finding difficulty in walking also unable to wear footwear due to swelling because of enlagment of bone at foot.Please also guide can it be operated .
Hai I'm 21 years old I'm smoking 4- 6 cigarettes daily but I feel that I can't do any heavy work like running and gym workouts will you please give solution to quite smoking.
I am 14 years old. I am fell to the bed at night and I have a very bad pain I apply the moov but there is no result please consult me a advice.
Forensic psychiatry is generally identified as a specialized offshoot of psychiatry, dealing with the calculated treatment and evaluation of mentally disordered offenders in secure hospitals, prisons and in the community. This branch of psychiatry requires an indepth understanding and thorough knowledge of the connection between legality and mental health.
Patients of Forensic Psychiatry, generally are affected with personality dysfunctions, mental illness, psychopathic disorders, organic brain damage, learning disability and other conditions, such as histories of abuse and traumatic experiences as well as substance abuse and misuse.
Nature of the work
The most important prerequisite of this branch of psychiatry is a secure and safe environment where the subjects are liable to legal restrictions. Evaluation and assessment may vary from highly secured hospitals and prisons to low secure units and community based services. Forensic psychiatrists must have a thorough knowledge of civil, criminal and case law because of their frequent dealings with criminal justice agencies and the courts.
An important component of Forensic Psychiatry is risk assessment and evaluation. Forensic psychiatrists must be fluent and adept at handling patients during emergencies or routine situations. Moreover, they should be calm, composed and professional in their dealings, especially with patients who display instability or violent and aggressive behavior.
The probation service, the prison service and the courts generally rely on forensic psychiatrists for expert advice, precisely because of their familiarity with preparing reports for mental health review tribunals and criminal justice agencies.
- Quintessentially, the obligatory role of a forensic psychiatrist requires:
- Ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- Ability to work flexibly
- Emotional resilience along with the ability to empathize with patients
- Anticipation and an inherent initiative to work in challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- A scientific and analytic approach and assessment
- Good leadership qualities