Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthYour feedback matters!
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
I had an accident in which there was a minor head injury. Hairs at the injured lost have permanently lost. How can I grow them again.
Does shaking of hands is due to the deficiency of vitamin12. I am 20 years old. Please help. Mere hands old persons ki tarah minor hilne lge hai.
My son is 19 years old having epilepsy since 4 years with medicines levepsy 500 * 3 and velprin chrono 500 * 3 daily still he is having seizures.what can be done
Hi I'm 73 years old I have been suffering from hand shivering around 2 years it has been increased now I have tried many medicines the doctors say it is like Parkinson's disease what should I do to stop shaking my hands? The I forget thing very often Is there any way to increase my memory?
What is brain tumour and what are the symptoms and also suggest appropriate treatment and precaution?
I'm a 24 year old who is suffering from AVM in brain.Please let me know what could be the cause of it.
Sir/madam my wife is suffering from restless leg sydrom. She was not sleeping last 4 night. Please help.
I have been suffering from migraine since 3years n not suffered from pain since a year but from a week I have been suffering from severe pain n my hair fall has been increasing. Is hairfall a symptom for migraine n can you help me some siet regarding this. Thanking you sir/ madam.
Questionnaire for obstructive sleep apnea
1- do you snore loudly
2- tiredness or fatigue even after
Good night's sleep
3- has anyone observed you stop
Breathing / gasping during sleep
4- do you have blood pressure
5- are you older than 50 years
6-do you weigh more for your height
7- neck size more than 40 cm around
8- male gender
If your answer is yes to three or more of the above questions, then you may be at risk of obstructive sleep apnea.