Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth L.kYour feedback matters!
Her hands and legs shakes normally also and she had a thyroid also but that is in control what else could be the reason? Please advise.
From a week I feel light headed. Feel sleepy all time, after morning wake I do not feel fresh. Little iche feeling in brain area, is it some kind of neurological problem, although I go bed on time and sleep properly and food eating normally.
Hi, I have headache problem since my childhood, it pains just like any thing while I'm driving, due to light, max sound etc. I feel that is migran what would you say.
What are the symptoms of ophthalmic migraine? And can you please tell me the treatment and prevention?
Dear Sir, I am a 21 year old. I have been suffering from migraine since I was a child. Is there any treatment for this? I have consulted various doctors and I couldn't find a long term relief rather than a short term relief. So what should I do next? I was aware of certain injunction for reducing pain but I couldn't find as it was unavailable in the market. Usually migraine last upto 2.5 days.
Does brain tumor attack the body by the cause of human activity? Means will I get brain tumor because of my activity? If saw what can be the reasons which can cause it?
I am 28 years old unmarried female. I have leg pain for last 6 months. I am unable to walk from my left leg from knee to toe. I feeling like numbness in my leg. I have to drag my left leg while walking. Please help.
I am 25 years old male. Software engineer. Height 5. 8 weight79kg. I had numness problem often. Even I sit in a place for 10 min in crossed legs I will get numness in my legs. Kindly explain why it is happening to me and any solution for it. Thanks.
My brain is working slow to solve logical problems and to understand a questions so, what I do to my brain work fast and to solve logical problems fast?
I have migraine since 30 years. At the time of pain I am using" Vasograin" tablets. Is there any side effects over usage of the above tablets.
Please enlist/name the foods and activities that can trigger a migraine attack. Also please tell if there is any treatment for chronic migraines. I am suffering from migraine for about 17 years.
Greeting sir, I have been taking FELIZ-S PLUS for the last 7 years for my anxiety and insomnia. Is it safe in all aspects. Kindly advise.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.