Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth KumarYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I have suffering from earache from 3 last three days, it pain sometimes, I have used home remedies as boiled mustard oil.
What are the symptoms of Tonsils. What precautions are to be taken to control the disease. Why Tonsils occur to us.
I am a 24 years old female. My cough is persistent since many months. I also have asthma and sinusitis. Due to the cough I suffer from vomiting and can't eat food. What should I do?
I am sinusitis, I am having back head pain in lower part of head only whenever having cough, is this due to sinus problem? Also pain is only in day not in night. Please give main root of problem.
Nosebleeds are a common occurrence, and may indicate a severe medical condition. The rupture of the blood vessels within the front and back of the nose can cause such bleeding. These blood vessels are very tender and, thus, bleed easily.
There are two kinds of nose bleeds: namely anterior and posterior nosebleeds.
An anterior nosebleed occurs when the blood vessels at the front of the nose break or rupture, giving rise to bleeding. A posterior nosebleed is when the rupture takes place in a deeper part of the nose. The latter is more dangerous because blood can flow down the back of the throat.
Some of the causes of nose bleeding are:
- Trauma to the face, such as a punch on the face
- Repeated bouts of nose picking or irritation can also cause nosebleed
- Although rare, inability of the blood to clot can also cause the nose to bleed
- High blood pressure can also be a contributing factor
According to some people, cold can cause your nose to bleed. This holds true to an extent. Among the many reasons that can cause the nosebleed, summers serve as one.
This is because:
- Summer months are dry and hot, both of which are bad for your nose. The protective coating of mucus present within the nasal cavity can get dry due to low humidity in the hot months. The loss of the mucus causes your nasal cavity to be prone to dryness, leading to subsequent bleeding.
- The heat also has another damaging effect, as summers tend to intensify allergy, and an allergic reaction can cause nosebleeds.
Washing your nose with cool water and avoiding being subjected to direct sunlight may help to prevent nosebleeds.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?